Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:32:06 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Dirt Diggers aka "The Viewfinders MC Gathering" Food and Info
0 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5
: Dirt Diggers aka "The Viewfinders MC Gathering" Food and Info  ( 7652 )
Megan Irwin
Viewfinder

: 232

« #45 : March 19, 2013, 05:07:21 pm »

Sooooooo......I've been a little MIA lately. What time do the shenanigans start on Saturday?  And, I'm not 100% in, but I'm hoping my schedule will clear so I can at least make one of the days.

Only Viewfinder to ever fail the Rock Star Test!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #46 : March 19, 2013, 07:25:43 pm »

Sooooooo......I've been a little MIA lately. What time do the shenanigans start on Saturday?  And, I'm not 100% in, but I'm hoping my schedule will clear so I can at least make one of the days.

The "shenanigans" will start when you get there, Can't miss this "Gathering"   ;)

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #47 : March 19, 2013, 07:53:06 pm »

We have all the pit stuff.  There are 2 bike mats for the pits

Mr & Mrs B

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #48 : March 19, 2013, 08:28:04 pm »

No, very good points Bob, thanks for the reminder. I think we only have one official spill mat. I can pick up 1 or 2 more when I go buy the Tri-Tips and plates and stuff at Costco. I think we should have 3 anyway.
Several of us won't need pits. ;D I'll throw some throw away carpet in my truck for this weekend! No need to buy any! KJ
ps The Checkers had several riders at an event and just designated two pits next to each other ;) Put a piece of ribbon between them. Use the open pit and move the gas forward from the other as the gas comes off!!!

Many of Us " R " getting to that age where you don't need pit service   ;D

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #49 : March 20, 2013, 07:12:47 am »

Come when you can if you can Megan. We're planning on meeting about 3:30 on Saturday with dinner later.

The shenanigans will start Friday night I'm sure.
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #50 : March 20, 2013, 08:23:07 am »

As usual the general "Tom Foolery" will start Friday and the "Shenanigans" have been scheduled for Saturday. Although as you all know, I have been known to mix the two up......and sometimes do both at the same time. Oh well you all knew the job was dangerous when you took it.... >:D

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #51 : March 20, 2013, 08:24:43 am »

Come on Megan, we have not had a real "night out" since RUTS a few years back. We are due in a big way! Flags anyone?

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #52 : March 20, 2013, 03:28:58 pm »

Come on Megan, we have not had a real "night out" since RUTS a few years back. We are due in a big way! Flags anyone?

ON IT! Can't wait! ;)

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Lipskid

: 54

Can we go now?

« #53 : March 20, 2013, 07:21:21 pm »

Enough of the "orange bike bashing"   Pot

Just thought I would mention something,  NO WAY do I want to sound negative, but with 20-25 racers, we have to be careful of how much fuel we have "on the ground".
Ridgecrest BLM is much more strict with their enforcement efforts, and I believe the rule is 35 gallons of fuel.
We can have more, but it needs to be away from the fueling area. What I am saying is that you only bring enough for what you need, if you have a 2.5 gal tank you don't need 5 gal of fuel in your jug.
I certainly don't want anyone to run out of gas, but less fuel in your jug means more jugs can be ready for the racers. i.e. 7 cans X 5 gallons or 14 cans X 2.5 gallons.
Also, how many "spill mats" do we have, its very possible more than one rider will need service at the same time.

Since I am not the pit captain this weekend, I hope I am not stepping on CB's toes   ;D

Just thought I would mention this and try to avoid any problems.

I don't wanna step on toes here, or upset anyone. We, (Dirt Diggers) worked out our Permit deal by saying that only TWO Pit Personel at a time, can Pit ONE Racer. So if you have TWO Racers Pitting at the same time, then your allowed FOUR Pit Peeps pitting them.  SIX for THREE, etc... BUT, say your Club has 15 Racers that are gunna pit. That CAN mean that you have 30 Pit Personel in that particular Pit. But only two at a time Pitting a Racer on the mat.
I know its not your 1st rodeo Viewies, but have that Fire Extinguisher where the Pit Nazis can see it.
 Thanks in advance for attending our Scrambles!
« : March 20, 2013, 07:36:10 pm Lipskid »

Dirtdiggers and Team B.A.B.O.
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #54 : March 20, 2013, 07:54:03 pm »

No problem Lipskid, we also brought up maybe having two pits next to each other to slit things up.
« : March 20, 2013, 08:01:06 pm Chris Cory - President »

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #55 : March 21, 2013, 08:38:46 am »

I don't wanna step on toes here, or upset anyone. We, (Dirt Diggers) worked out our Permit deal by saying that only TWO Pit Personel at a time, can Pit ONE Racer. So if you have TWO Racers Pitting at the same time, then your allowed FOUR Pit Peeps pitting them.  SIX for THREE, etc... BUT, say your Club has 15 Racers that are gunna pit. That CAN mean that you have 30 Pit Personel in that particular Pit. But only two at a time Pitting a Racer on the mat.
I know its not your 1st rodeo Viewies, but have that Fire Extinguisher where the Pit Nazis can see it.
 Thanks in advance for attending our Scrambles!

Thanks for the heads up Papa C - all these new regulations are crazy! Looking forward to seeing my Sweetey Peetey, Cole and Cody (if he's in town). We'll be out Friday night and hope to see you before things get too crazy for all you Dirty Diggers  :-*
« : March 21, 2013, 08:51:44 am Kandy »

Kandy Thornton
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #56 : March 21, 2013, 02:27:56 pm »

40 lbs of Tri Tip - Check
24 Hot Dogs / Buns- Check
36 lbs of Charcoal - Check
Trays to put the meat in - Check
Plates - Check
Bowls - Check
Cutlery - Check
Napkins - Check

Anything else that we want to Club to pickup?

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #57 : March 21, 2013, 03:36:02 pm »

1 case chateu st. michelle merlot, 2 bottles crown, 1 bottle kirkland vodka, 2 bottles bloody mary mix
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #58 : March 21, 2013, 03:47:09 pm »

1 case chateu st. michelle merlot, 2 bottles crown, 1 bottle kirkland vodka, 2 bottles bloody mary mix
Kinda self here? I see this is enough for YOU but what about everyone else!!! We see things haven't changed w/ your drinking habits!!! I will be there and awake this time to witness a SPIRIT II siting :o :o :o What time are the Kids going to bed?
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #59 : March 21, 2013, 06:39:09 pm »

I could never drink 2 jugs of bloody mary mix Lee would have to help.
: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
: