Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:06:36 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Old member saying HELLO again.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Old member saying HELLO again.  ( 2910 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« : November 11, 2008, 07:03:31 pm »

Do you ever wonder if people will remember you several years down the road? Will that is me right now. I was a Viewfinder back in the early 90?s back when Spencer, Gene, Bob, Hutch Jeff, the Gary?s, Van, David, Bart and many others were the guys around that I don?t see in the forums now. Of course Keith, Charlie, Pete, Todd and a few others were around and still are now, great to see you guys are still involved! Does Keith still only wear shorts even when it?s only 30 degrees out?  :P

I was there for the Castaic Grand Prix along with the first Glen Helen Grand Prix plus a few of the normal desert races before the club moved over to putting on Grand Prix?s.  It was a great time and I remember how great it was to have some of the lifetime members come back and join us for the Grand Prix?s.  The only part that stunk was always hearing the riders say how great of a race the Viewfinders put on but being one, we don?t get to race them!

Like a lot of people I had some things going on in my life and I got out of racing. I had paid for a few years of membership that I wasn?t active but didn?t get a renewal and eventually lost touch. A lot has changed since I used to come out. I have gotten married, have a 13 year old stepdaughter and a 5 year old son.  I moved to Acton so now I am 30 miles closer to the Desert! Within the last year I have gotten back into riding and now the whole family rides.

I just signed up with AMA and I am sending in my District 37 app for 2009! I hope to be a Viewfinder again and be welcomed back.  Do I need to start the process over and become a prospect again, if so anyone care to put my name in? Or since I was already a member for around 5 years or so do I just need to pay my dues to re-join.  Charlie let me ride his bike when Bart and I did a team race out at LACR so that should account for something.  ;D

I am really looking forward to coming out and seeing the old faces and meeting the new ones.
Chris Cory

P.S. The only complaint I have with the Viewfinders is the cheap jersey, shirts and jacket we used to get. The damn things have shrunk hanging in m closet all these years!   :D

Since it is easier to remember faces than names here are a couple of pics. I HATE pictures of myself but oh well.
Me and my kids at the zoo on a hot day

My wife since she was taking the picture in the last one

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #1 : November 11, 2008, 07:21:05 pm »

Do you ever wonder if people will remember you several years down the road? Will that is me right now. I was a Viewfinder back in the early 90?s back when Spencer, Gene, Bob, Hutch Jeff, the Gary?s, Van, David, Bart and many others were the guys around that I don?t see in the forums now. Of course Keith, Charlie, Pete, Todd and a few others were around and still are now, great to see you guys are still involved! Does Keith still only wear shorts even when it?s only 30 degrees out?  :P

Hi Chris - yes Keith still wears shorts only. I have pictures of him standing in sleet with shorts on while the the rest of us are bundled to the gills! The only time I saw him in pants was at Rose Parma's funeral!  Spencer, Gene, Bob aren't around much anymore. Jeff Meek is still coming out for fun events, but no longer racing. He has a 6 year old and a 3 year old!  Van remarried after Reggie passed on and currently lives in Nevada.  He came out to the GP in 2007 with his son Scott.  Bart was at the GP this year and we all miss his craziness in camp. He hasn't raced in a couple of years either. Mike Dion still comes out for fun events and he has 3 kiddos now. Sadly, Hutch passed away at the Badgers race in 2007 from natural causes.

I was there for the Castaic Grand Prix along with the first Glen Helen Grand Prix plus a few of the normal desert races before the club moved over to putting on Grand Prix?s.  It was a great time and I remember how great it was to have some of the lifetime members come back and join us for the Grand Prix?s.  The only part that stunk was always hearing the riders say how great of a race the Viewfinders put on but being one, we don?t get to race them!

This is still true with our new venue in Ridgcrest - we have won the best GP poll for the past few years! Life members Don Dahlquist and Neal Johnson both attended the GP this year!

Like a lot of people I had some things going on in my life and I got out of racing. I had paid for a few years of membership that I wasn?t active but didn?t get a renewal and eventually lost touch. A lot has changed since I used to come out. I have gotten married, have a 13 year old stepdaughter and a 5 year old son.  I moved to Acton so now I am 30 miles closer to the Desert! Within the last year I have gotten back into riding and now the whole family rides.

Congratulations on your marriage and children!

I just signed up with AMA and I am sending in my District 37 app for 2009! I hope to be a Viewfinder again and be welcomed back.  Do I need to start the process over and become a prospect again, if so anyone care to put my name in? Or since I was already a member for around 5 years or so do I just need to pay my dues to re-join.  Charlie let me ride his bike when Bart and I did a team race out at LACR so that should account for something.  ;D

You are still listed on the current roster of members that Hutch and I worked out last year - once a Viewie, always a Viewie and your family also!

I am really looking forward to coming out and seeing the old faces and meeting the new ones.
Chris Cory

P.S. The only complaint I have with the Viewfinders is the cheap jersey, shirts and jacket we used to get. The damn things have shrunk hanging in m closet all these years!   :D

We still have the "old school" vented jersies - Viewies just love the retro look - and yes all of our club apparal seems to shrink over the years... hmmmm.
Welcome back to your black and gold family Chris - hope to see you soon!

P.S.  I am activating your member status here on the board so you can view the "good stuff!"

« : November 11, 2008, 07:23:39 pm Kandy Thornton »

Kandy Thornton
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #2 : November 12, 2008, 08:22:48 am »

This has been great, new members and old members coming together again! Cant wait to meet you in person! Welcome back!!!

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #3 : November 12, 2008, 10:46:31 am »

Welcome back Chris as the old active goat in the club it will be good to see you. Like Kandy said once a Viewe always a Viewe. You live in Acton now thats cool. Myself and Mike McDonald do as well. Were about are you at? I'm off of Angles Forest Hwy on Oracle Hill Rd. The club Jerseys are the same some thing should never change but the shirts have changed. We have coolers, tie downs, hats, sweet shirts and one blanket. My wife Darlene just updated the inventory last night if you want to check it out.
be sure to list the club on your Dist app. Again welcome back
Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Administrator

« #4 : November 12, 2008, 03:30:31 pm »

Your address is listed as Palmdale so I was wondering since it sounded like you lived in Acton when you were talking about the poker run in one of the threads. I have been here for 5 1/2 years now, how have we not seen each other? I live off Crown Valley just up from the park. It is really sad to here about the people that have passed on since I was around. The desert will not be the same without them.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting the new members. I can't believe how time goes by, its been over 10 years since I have been to a race! I was hoping to get back into things this year but it has been really busy. I have flown just under 40k miles this year for business so it just didn't work out. I am really sorry I missed the GP, I wish I could have been there.

Since you live in Acton maybe I won't have to wait until the January race to get my new Jersey since my old one doesn't fit anymore for some reason. I do need to pay my dues though so should I do that when I come out in January or mail it to someone?

Talk to you soon
Chris

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Global Moderator

« #5 : November 12, 2008, 06:18:41 pm »

Chris your address is a post office thing. The address is in Acton however the Plamdale anex handles our mail so the east side of Angles forest Hwy which is where we are at gets a plamdale mailing address.  We have been here about 7 to 8 years now. You can send your dues to Dale or when you get club clothing we can add it in at that time, what ever works best for you. Come on out the weekend of Dec 14 for the save Johnson Valley trail ride. There should be a lot of members out and we are going to do a little playday as well.

Charlie

CB
Norm Takaki
Viewfinder

: 455

« #6 : November 12, 2008, 06:29:21 pm »

Hi Chris, This is Norm the "Acting Pres" welcome back. The club is a little differant now and club Due's  has been voted out, no more Due's.
 What we do want is body's, head counts. As long as you work our GP and do your pit duty there is no Due's.

The club will be setting up the start for the Riders Helping Riders Race on 11-23, we will setup on sat 11-22 then check out or lay out a course for a Fun Ride out at Cougar Buttes on (I believe) 12-13 & 14.
The Fun Ride is more of a SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY thing that you have been reading about. So please bring the family and hang out with your extended family.

Norm

Norm Takaki
Viewfinders MC Pres.
Administrator

« #7 : November 12, 2008, 06:47:27 pm »

Okay whats the deal, Charlie says I can pay my dues when I buy my jersey from him but Norm says there are no dues anymore? hmmm ;D
So Charlie your one of those Palmdale people who WANTS to be in Acton! Just kidding there's nothing wrong with Palmdale people, my parents live there too.  :P
I definitely plan on being at the GP next year but how does the Pit schedule work. Do we just get assigned a race or do we put in for dates we would like to do it?

I may be able to come out for the day on the 22nd and maybe the 13th and leave the morning of the 14th because that is the day my wife's company is having there Christmas party. It sounds like fun but is a busy time of year.
Chris
« : November 12, 2008, 06:51:05 pm Chris Cory »

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #8 : November 12, 2008, 06:50:39 pm »

Chris, Great to know you are still around! It is amazing how TEN + years can go by and some things go full circle. It will be nice to see you and your NEW to us family out in the desert in the futire. Charlie, Darlene, Pete, Julian, Johnatan, the Jenkins Family are ones that are out often that were around in your hay day. As Kandy mentioned not much w/ me has changed other than TEN YEARS of aging (hair loss, short memory, wrinkles, aches and pains etc.) and slowing down of my race speed.
 Stay in touch and let us know when we might get to see ya in the dez!!! Keith
Donn Nay will probably post on this Members board a pit roster for '09. It is your choice on location and date you desire. 1st come 1st serve!
« : November 12, 2008, 06:55:21 pm Keith Jones - VP »
Administrator

« #9 : November 12, 2008, 06:54:05 pm »

Hey Keith, I just want to let you know that I looked up to you so much that I only own 3 pairs of pants! And that includes my riding gear.  ;D
There is a chance that I will come out on the 22nd and or the 13th I will just need to see how things are going but I hope to.

Chris

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #10 : November 12, 2008, 07:04:42 pm »

Hey Keith, I just want to let you know that I looked up to you so much that I only own 3 pairs of pants! And that includes my riding gear.  ;D
There is a chance that I will come out on the 22nd and or the 13th I will just need to see how things are going but I hope to.

Chris
We as a club are helping w/ the start by class @ RHR. The event is @ Anderson Dry Lake off Camp Rock Rd. We are setting up the start grid Sat and sending of the 40 rows on Sun morning at 9AM. Some members will also be riding/racing the event!!!
Hope to see you soon!!! Should be a GREAT time! KJ
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #11 : November 12, 2008, 08:01:33 pm »

Chris,

I'll post next year's pit schedule after the last race this year, stay tuned.

Look forward to meeting you. I'm a new member but an old hand in the des. I was a Four Ace in the 70's with Russ Jenkins (my Viewie sponsor) and got back into racing with two of my sons a couple of years ago. Desert people are the best!
Global Moderator

« #12 : November 16, 2008, 07:15:16 am »

Hi Chris, This is Norm the "Acting Pres" welcome back. The club is a little differant now and club Due's  has been voted out, no more Due's.
 What we do want is body's, head counts. As long as you work our GP and do your pit duty there is no Due's.

The club will be setting up the start for the Riders Helping Riders Race on 11-23, we will setup on sat 11-22 then check out or lay out a course for a Fun Ride out at Cougar Buttes on (I believe) 12-13 & 14.
The Fun Ride is more of a SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY thing that you have been reading about. So please bring the family and hang out with your extended family.

Norm

Norm it is my understanding if you are a member and did not work the GP dues are due. Anther words in order to get free dues the member must work the GP to get the free dues next year. What is this with "acting president". I believe you are the man.
Charlie

CB
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #13 : November 16, 2008, 06:21:40 pm »

Norm

Norm it is my understanding if you are a member and did not work the GP dues are due. Anther words in order to get free dues the member must work the GP to get the free dues next year. What is this with "acting president". I believe you are the man.
Charlie

Charley, you are right, the new bylaws state dues are $50.00/yr but can be waived if the member works BOTH days of the G.P.

And Norm YOU ARE THE MAN!! No temporary pres. or other silly statement, YOU ROCK!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: