Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:00:45 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  Memorable Memories
| | |-+  Gadget's First Race
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Gadget's First Race  ( 3047 )
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« : February 12, 2009, 08:33:10 am »

A fond trip down memory lane...

I saw Eric's member profile which had a photo from his first race.  I think it was H.B.M.C.   08.  He really had no clue what to do so my brother decieded to ride as chase for him.  Of course we deceided it would be a good idea to put
"I'm with stupid
 <------- 
"

on my brothers number plate.  Gadget (or urgent care as he was known back then)  took it is stride.  Gadget actually did pretty well for his first race, being out of shape, extremly new to racing and agressive trial riding, and completely confused about what we had talked him into. 

My brother failed to get along side Gadget for the Grumpy photo but at least we have one photo of the plate (On Eric's profile).

So here's to Eric "Inspector Gadget" Lemoine.  The guy who takes more physical abuse and suffers more injuries that the cast of Jackass.  He also takes more verbal abuse that a Checker with a first place trophy and a box of crayola crayons. 

Hopefully he will be back soon from his hiatus.

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #1 : February 12, 2009, 02:03:40 pm »

HAHAHAHA I LOVE your reference to the "checkers"... NIICE...

Or is it *BURN*?...

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Eric Lemoine
Viewfinder

: 67

« #2 : February 12, 2009, 06:21:45 pm »

I will be back as soon as you are well enough to watch the boy for an hour or two.  I promissed his mother I would work the pits for his first two or three trips.

"She said it was O.K."
Aaron Price
Officer

« #3 : February 12, 2009, 08:00:07 pm »

Give me a call.  I have an idea. 

This idea is good.  I doubt there will even be any blood, broken bones or dislocations involved in it. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Eric Lemoine
Viewfinder

« #4 : February 13, 2009, 05:15:25 am »

OK. But no DISTRUCTION does not that fun.

"She said it was O.K."
Eric Price
Viewfinder

: 119

« #5 : February 13, 2009, 08:35:22 am »

I really enjoyed your first race there Gadget!  It was entertaining to watch from my vantage point, and the best part was me not having to perform any medical miracles on the trail.  Your goal now should be to "PAY ATTENTION" and be your own navigator.  Follow the ribbon and arrows, people don't spend hours in the middle of BFE for you to get off course.  I have NEVER been off course, just ask Aaron the water boy.  HA!  Are you going out to HBMC this year?
Aaron Price
Officer

« #6 : February 13, 2009, 07:01:14 pm »

True... except that One Desert Scramble.  :o  Most of the time you can find him lying right in the middle of the course.

Eric Price
Viewfinder

« #7 : February 14, 2009, 04:56:48 pm »

Well when I followed him in his first race, he was usually very kind and fell off to the side of the course so that everybody else could pass by.  What a good sport he was...........then there was the check that he was trying his best to avoid.  Not funny at the time but always good for a laugh later on, like right now.
Aaron Price
Officer

« #8 : February 14, 2009, 05:34:13 pm »

I am sure he thought it was a bottle neck.

Eric Price
Viewfinder

« #9 : February 16, 2009, 10:33:12 am »

Yes, it was a bottleneck, it was horrific.  It looked like rush hour traffic in downtown Porterville.......Yikes!
Eric Lemoine
Viewfinder

« #10 : February 17, 2009, 05:40:04 pm »

No, it could not be P-Town, no low riders.  It was more comparable to Yuma, heat, sand and lots of intelligible conversation.

"She said it was O.K."
: [1]  
« previous next »
: