Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:29:11 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  HBMC Camping
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: HBMC Camping  ( 2539 )
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« : March 04, 2009, 07:31:34 am »

I remember years ago My self and Darlene where the first ones out and it seamed like a good idea to park on the the east side of the lake bed it was John and Kandy first came out. IT SUCKED if the wind blows very thing has power in it and I mean everything. You could not see across camp at times. Please try not to park on the lake bed if you are the first ones out there. Did I say it SUCKED.

FYI; Please don't take this wrong. If you end up being the first one out and end up parking the club on the lake bed there is a very good chance the Barney's will not be parking with the club. The power takes days and weeks to clean up from power on that lake bed. It is no fun at all.   :-[

Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #1 : March 04, 2009, 11:19:07 am »

Now that's some pressure, right there ... I don't care who ya are.  In a different thread, Donn asked if this is the place that is easy to get stuck (no FWD, remember).  Any recommendations on where is better?  Is this the dry lake where Sled Riders had their Dual Euro.  I recall some "brown outs" there on Sunday. 
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #2 : March 04, 2009, 11:22:44 am »

The lake bed has free POWER?   ;D
Your D key must be acting up uh Charlie?  ;)

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #3 : March 04, 2009, 11:30:33 am »

The lake bed has free POWER?   ;D
Your D key must be acting up uh Charlie?  ;)

Had me scratching my head  ???
I will try for a spot off the lakebed if I am 1st one out, I DO HAVE a 4X4 if anyone gets stuck, so don't let that worry Ya.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #4 : March 04, 2009, 12:35:45 pm »

Now that's some pressure, right there ... I don't care who ya are.  In a different thread, Donn asked if this is the place that is easy to get stuck (no FWD, remember).  Any recommendations on where is better?  Is this the dry lake where Sled Riders had their Dual Euro.  I recall some "brown outs" there on Sunday. 

NOT the same place, Sled Riders was at North Anderson off Camp Rock road.
HBMC is off Boone road and Means dry lake, same issue,  W*** blows the silt into a huge dust cloud!!
I am shooting for Friday afternoon and HAVE 4X4 if needed, but crappy tires so I try to avoid soft terrain.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #5 : March 04, 2009, 01:03:48 pm »

I remember years ago My self and Darlene where the first ones out and it seamed like a good idea to park on the the east side of the lake bed it was John and Kandy first came out. IT SUCKED if the wind blows very thing has power in it and I mean everything. You could not see across camp at times. Please try not to park on the lake bed if you are the first ones out there. Did I say it SUCKED.

FYI; Please don't take this wrong. If you end up being the first one out and end up parking the club on the lake bed there is a very good chance the Barney's will not be parking with the club. The power takes days and weeks to clean up from power on that lake bed. It is no fun at all.   :-[

Charlie

I think this was the weekend I brought my nephew out! I went to Earl's house to work on my forks and got back at dark:30 and my nephew was curled up in his bag on the ground next to the fire!!! Seems this may have been when someone was not happy about getting duct taped to a lawn chair and being feed ice cream ::)
Am I remembering correctly or am I having a Mag Moment ??? I seem to remember powDer from being in the middle of the lake bed also  ;D
« : March 04, 2009, 01:06:29 pm Keith Jones - VP »
Megan Irwin
Viewfinder

: 232

« #6 : March 04, 2009, 04:18:17 pm »

I am also bringing a 4x4, just in case  ;) .....but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't need to use it.  Looks like I'll be heading out early Saturday morning....I noticed someone mentioned it was off of boone...what are the exact directions??

Only Viewfinder to ever fail the Rock Star Test!
Administrator

« #7 : March 04, 2009, 06:04:46 pm »

I am also bringing a 4x4, just in case  ;) .....but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't need to use it.  Looks like I'll be heading out early Saturday morning....I noticed someone mentioned it was off of boone...what are the exact directions??

Taken from the other thread...

Brian, If you are driving east bound on "Old Woman Springs Rd." or State Hwy 247 through Lucerne, past Camp Rock Rd. past Bessemer Mine Rd. it's about another 7mi - 10mi on the left is Boone Rd. there's also a OHV sign (like @ camp rock and Bessemer) on the rt at Boone rd. 247 is straight for a ways and about 100 yard past the Boone rd is a hard right hander, so if you hang a rt you went to far.

The rd in is good just DO Not go off road, stay on the rd to the lake and park on the lake wagon train style as there is no cover (Hills, or Rock piles)

Norm

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Administrator

« #8 : March 04, 2009, 06:12:17 pm »

So people have been talking about the simi trucks being there last weekend for the truck race but you guys are talking about 4x4's. Am I going to have an issue with my motor home getting to where we are going to be camping? I have got it ALMOST stuck in wet sand twice so if it is silty I am sure it would get stuck. Those tall thin 90 lbs tires don't do well when the dirt gets to soft.

So if we don't camp on the lack bed, is the surrounding area really silty or just regular sandy soil like every where else?

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Norm Takaki
Viewfinder

: 455

« #9 : March 04, 2009, 10:01:04 pm »

There's a section on the other side of the lake that's not to bad, it would be the north west side up close to the hills left of the rd go out to the dez. You have to careful of the craters driving to the other side, the wind generally blows from the west and if you camp on the east side and people are riding around and kicking up the dust it will head that way.

Or there's a spot right off the main rd about 200yard before the lake on the Lt, theres a couple jumps there so it may be taken by some kids playing on the jumps but its hard packed.

I would say if in question stop and walk it first.

Norm
« : March 04, 2009, 10:33:08 pm Norm Takaki - President »

Norm Takaki
Viewfinders MC Pres.
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #10 : March 04, 2009, 10:46:28 pm »

HAHAHAHA OHHHH THE MEMORIES! You ALL brought up soo many great ones! Have fun out there and watchout for the nasty dust that seems to find it's way into EVERY crevice!

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #11 : March 05, 2009, 06:51:29 am »

Keith is not having a Mag moment he remimbers and so does Jenn. That weekend sucked and I put us there. It is not a 4X4 issue it is a dust issue.

Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #12 : March 05, 2009, 11:17:59 am »

Keith is not having a Mag moment he remimbers and so does Jenn. That weekend sucked and I put us there. It is not a 4X4 issue it is a dust issue.

Charlie

One of the funnest and most memorable weekends of my LIFE. I wouldn't change a thing. ;) LOVE YOU GUYS (and I mean it)

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #13 : March 05, 2009, 11:48:48 am »

My weather report for Lucerne shows possible PM sprinkles for Friday night   :)

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #14 : March 05, 2009, 02:21:27 pm »

That would be super cool, if there is enough to make a difference.

I suggest you and Brian swap cell numbers. I have Brian's but don't want to post it here, will send you a PM with it.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: