Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:52 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  As is tradition...
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: As is tradition...  ( 3592 )
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« : May 20, 2009, 07:08:56 pm »

I should never be allowed to get bored since this happened after the last surgery too.

I got another bike.   

Actually this one is for Jenni.  XR200 with a full Baja Designs Dual Sport Kit.  Approx 100 miles of street riding.  Been on El Mirage lakebed once!  Almost mint condition except for the plugged pilot jet the I bugged the previous owner about on a weekly basis as part of why he should sell me the bike. 

I am running out of room.  Megan better clear out some room in her living room to store some bikes. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #1 : May 21, 2009, 08:24:55 am »

I assume it's plated? If so now you both need to join me for a DS ride! Also sounds like you need to clear some space by GETTING RID OF SOME BIKES!
Aaron Price
Officer

« #2 : May 21, 2009, 08:57:05 am »

Not just plated, but LEGAL.  Right down to the DOT tires.  Even my street bike isn't legal.  All other bikes I own are termed "Aaron Legal" 

Now I have to sell her plated DRZ400.  I also might sell the 78 YZ80 but I hate to do it because it has about 5 hours on it and is almost perfect condition and minus tires and seatcover is all original.  I will never have an old bike that nice again but I need to make room for the 72 Yamaha LT2 Enduro that I snagged after the first surgery which is still sitting at my dad's house. 

I sense an illegal room addition in my future... 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #3 : May 22, 2009, 07:28:59 am »

Not just plated, but LEGAL.  Right down to the DOT tires.  Even my street bike isn't legal.  All other bikes I own are termed "Aaron Legal" 

Now I have to sell her plated DRZ400.  I also might sell the 78 YZ80 but I hate to do it because it has about 5 hours on it and is almost perfect condition and minus tires and seatcover is all original.  I will never have an old bike that nice again but I need to make room for the 72 Yamaha LT2 Enduro that I snagged after the first surgery which is still sitting at my dad's house. 

You are forever the eclectic collector! That LT2 sounds like a fun project. Dump the 80.
Megan Irwin
Viewfinder

: 232

« #4 : May 22, 2009, 10:47:20 am »

I should never be allowed to get bored since this happened after the last surgery too.

I got another bike.   

Actually this one is for Jenni.  XR200 with a full Baja Designs Dual Sport Kit.  Approx 100 miles of street riding.  Been on El Mirage lakebed once!  Almost mint condition except for the plugged pilot jet the I bugged the previous owner about on a weekly basis as part of why he should sell me the bike. 

I am running out of room.  Megan better clear out some room in her living room to store some bikes. 

I think you are forgetting that I live in a teeny, tiny apartment these days....barely enough room for my cars and bikes, definitely no room for any of your excess stuff!

Only Viewfinder to ever fail the Rock Star Test!
Megan Irwin
Viewfinder

: 232

« #5 : May 22, 2009, 10:50:17 am »

I'd be more than happy to take the 80 off of your hands....I'll tell you what, you fix it up and I'll take it from there!

Only Viewfinder to ever fail the Rock Star Test!
Aaron Price
Officer

« #6 : May 23, 2009, 07:56:24 am »

No.  Your to hard on bikes.  Your always tossing them down rocky downhills, trying to take them in places that both the bike and you should not be.  I don't think I could bear the thought of you having the 80. 

Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #7 : May 26, 2009, 12:50:16 pm »

Sorry Aaron, no XR can be made street legal, legally. The only steet legal dirt bike from honda is the XL.

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #8 : May 26, 2009, 01:39:57 pm »

Don't they technically need to have a steel tank to be street legal?

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #9 : May 26, 2009, 01:49:21 pm »

Don't they technically need to have a steel tank to be street legal?

NO,
My Husky is factory street legal as is JJ's Katoom, both have plastic tanks.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #10 : May 26, 2009, 01:53:44 pm »

Oh okay, I remembered hearing that somewhere but wasn't sure.
My KLX650 was converted over to a street plate but when it comes down to if it was really legal who knows.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Aaron Price
Officer

« #11 : May 26, 2009, 07:28:42 pm »

Sorry Aaron, no XR can be made street legal, legally. The only steet legal dirt bike from honda is the XL.

Do tell.  I expect to see CVC cited numerous times. 

Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #12 : May 27, 2009, 07:45:06 am »

I think this largely is dependent on the year of the bike, pre-2003 they were dual registering and before that you could register even a two stroke.
« : May 28, 2009, 07:37:44 am Donn Nay - Pit Boss & D37 Rep »
Eric Price
Viewfinder

: 119

« #13 : May 27, 2009, 10:27:47 pm »

I've got a completely street legal XR600...And it doesn't fall under the Aaron legal category.  I even ride it to work occasionally.  I want to see someone try to jack with me about it's legality!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #14 : May 28, 2009, 07:39:15 am »

...And it doesn't fall under the Aaron legal category. 

Then please don't look at my "street legal" 450x too closely, it may not even qualify as "Aaron legal"!
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: