Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:52:16 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  G.P. Post Game
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: G.P. Post Game  ( 4668 )
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« : October 05, 2009, 08:12:04 pm »

Well I guess I'll get it started. I think they are finally getting what we are trying to do, put on the best G.P. possible. The reviews are excellent, that is  very rewarding. This time even certain sections were called out. Our constant tweaking is paying off. This was a quality event and I'm proud to be apart of it! Was that the smoothest clean up ever?   
Megan Irwin
Viewfinder

: 232

« #1 : October 06, 2009, 07:56:35 am »

I would have to agree on the clean-up, however, if I never have to tie another bundle of stakes again it would still be too soon!!

Only Viewfinder to ever fail the Rock Star Test!
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #2 : October 06, 2009, 09:06:25 am »

Even though it was probably not the most sane thing to do, I am really glad Jenn and I drove out to say Hi on Friday night. Rode the course a little in the rhino and you guys/gals outdid yourselves once again! Is it even possible to keep improving this event?! It felt really good to see our extended Viewie family and thanks for all the good wishes.  Soooo, how may q-tips did it take you all to get all the dust out of your nooks and crannies?  :o

Kandy Thornton
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : October 06, 2009, 11:16:21 am »

Even though it was probably not the most sane thing to do, I am really glad Jenn and I drove out to say Hi on Friday night. Rode the course a little in the rhino and you guys/gals outdid yourselves once again! Is it even possible to keep improving this event?! It felt really good to see our extended Viewie family and thanks for all the good wishes.  Soooo, how may q-tips did it take you all to get all the dust out of your nooks and crannies?  :o

I'm still tired but happy for sure! Great reports on the message board and a personal thank you from jammin jj:

"My daughter loved the course you folks put together this year. She hasn't raced or ridden since Primm so I was concerned about her conditioning but she did OK.

Thanks to your entire club for a job well done.

John"

: 2459

« #4 : October 06, 2009, 11:29:48 am »

Well I guess I'll get it started. I think they are finally getting what we are trying to do, put on the best G.P. possible. The reviews are excellent, that is  very rewarding. This time even certain sections were called out. Our constant tweaking is paying off. This was a quality event and I'm proud to be apart of it! Was that the smoothest clean up ever?   

Had alot of fun!!,
What can you say about 105* work weekend and howling wind GP weekend   ::)

Clean up went very well, I loaded up my truck in the arena and surrounding area, took stuff to the container, went back to the arena, done.  Went to the junkyard and parking lot, done. Went over to Lacharite land, done., Went back to the container with about 2 tires and a few small pieces of "snow fence" and a small amount of trash, so I headed back to the trailer and had some "cold ones"

Can't wait for next year  ;)

To those of you who I missed saying goodby on Monday, SORRY!!

I finally got things all loaded and was doing some last minute checking when I looked at the clock, Oh crap,
I gots to haul butt home to make it to work on time.  Well add a 1/2 hr delay where they were working on the road  and a "COOL CHP" who showed up beside us and gave me a friendly gesture to "slow down" we slid the rig into the backyard with minutes to spare.

See Yall soon !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #5 : October 06, 2009, 11:34:51 am »

Soooo, how may q-tips did it take you all to get all the dust out of your nooks and crannies?  :o

WAY too many,
Still digging dust out of my eyes, ears and nose ;D

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #6 : October 06, 2009, 01:57:14 pm »

Extra thank yous:

1. to Keith Jones, how we could ever pull this off without you Keith is mind boggling. You do so much for this race every year that you have earned my undying respect. Thank you for working with me in the arena this year, it came out perfect. We were so concerned about the water jump but it went just fine. Only one injury in the arena and that was because he squidded the tire obstacle.

2. to Big Jim McGrath. Keeping everyone in line cannot be easy but you get it done without much fan fare or heart ache. And keeping the races on schedule this year was a feat upon itself.

3. to Norm Takaki. Long hours and being Keith's whipping boy on occassion was starting to show yesterday, but you were still smiling when we left, even had a decent meeting with Mike Thomas I hear. Thank you for taking the reins.

4. To all the volunteers. All the section Captains had a great deal of help from members and non-members alike and I know we could not pull this off without the help of all the non-member volunteers. If we can afford it I would like to give every non-mamber a "volunteer" shirt next year.
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #7 : October 07, 2009, 09:41:27 am »

Donn, This event takes all of us to make it what it is! THE BEST GP!!! Tara and my connection to Ridgecrest have placed me as a center hub on some of the GP organizing. W/ several members staying all week, we got a good jump on things. We also  had new ideas layed out and built. The wind tried to dampen our event but, the Club's perseverance would NOT let that happen.Thanks to everyone for another GREAT and SUCCESSFUL BEST GP!!!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #8 : October 07, 2009, 08:12:33 pm »

Keith:
You are the driving force behind this event (NOT to take anything away from Norm, Jim, etc.)
You keep everybody on there toes all week and when I think I can get a few more minutes of sleep, the thought goes thru my mind that Tara will be here ASAP to make sure I get up and get going RIGHT NOW !!

THANKS to You and all the Viewies who make this event a sucess, I am proud to be a member of the BEST GP event of the year!! _.._

Let's not forget about all the people in sign-ups who put all the paperwork and money in the til.
« : October 07, 2009, 08:25:28 pm Bob Johnson »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Chuck Frozina
Viewfinder

: 129

« #9 : October 07, 2009, 08:21:59 pm »

This was my first time "volunteering" with the members of my family in the arena, Donn Nay and Brian Matthews, and I must say I had a very good time.  I was beat to **** after Sunday but it was all good.  Met a lot of you VFs and must say you all represent yourselves to a high level of excellence.

I don't know a thing about much of the other parts of the track but I guess that means I was doing my job.  

I will be back for more abuse next year with my family and maybe, my Son, Luke, will be able to ride the pee wee race then.  We tried taking off his training wheels before the race but no joy on his feet hitting the ground just yet. :(  He was bummed but he really enjoyed watching all the action.  

Thank you again for letting us be a part of the festivities.

Chuck Frozina and family
Tori, Luke and Mandy

073x - Desert Senior Beginner<br />2002 Honda CR250R
-Luke & Mandy's Pit Crew-
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #10 : October 07, 2009, 11:43:10 pm »

Let's not forget about all the people in sign-ups who put all the paperwork and money in the til.
Thanks for my little part in that but now that you all get to relax and take a breath, I am STILL working on the scoring!  :P
Now I know why it got pawned off on me!  ;D I know what needs to be changed for next year if we aren't using transponders for the scrambles by then at least.

This is my first GP since getting back into it and I must say that I am really proud to be a part of this club. Everyone did a great job in their part of making this such a great event. I haven't seen one real negative comment about the GP. There were a couple of miss guided directions but that is totally understandable for getting such a large group of volunteers together to do this once a year.

People come and go as I did when I got out of riding for a few years. When I wanted to come back, there was never a thought of looking for another club. It was a great feeling to see so many of the same people that were around when I left. The great thing about this club is even the newer members are all great people. 

This year has put a damper on most of us but I really hope we can get more people out to the desert for some races. It would be great to get a large crowd like we had at HBMC. Don't forget the few racers we have need our help in the pits. We really haven't had a good amount of people volunteering to do pit duties this year. So please extend your Viewfinder spirit out to the desert and come support our racers.

So thanks again to everyone for making this such a great club!

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #11 : October 09, 2009, 07:56:49 am »

Jon, As course captain you did an excellent job.Thanks for controlling your Dad and making sure things did not get forgot!!! ::).Sorry I didn't have club colors on everyday!  I will make sure next year that I have 10 days worth of goldenrod apparel Great job and thanks for taking on the CC position!!! KJ
ps. Tara says your help got me thru the weekend!  _.._
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #12 : October 09, 2009, 11:05:24 am »

This was my first time "volunteering" with the members of my family in the arena, Donn Nay and Brian Matthews, and I must say I had a very good time.  I was beat to **** after Sunday but it was all good.  Met a lot of you VFs and must say you all represent yourselves to a high level of excellence.

I don't know a thing about much of the other parts of the track but I guess that means I was doing my job.  

I will be back for more abuse next year with my family and maybe, my Son, Luke, will be able to ride the pee wee race then.  We tried taking off his training wheels before the race but no joy on his feet hitting the ground just yet. :(  He was bummed but he really enjoyed watching all the action.  

Thank you again for letting us be a part of the festivities.

Chuck Frozina and family
Tori, Luke and Mandy

To those of you that didn't meet Chuck, he raced at Dirt Diggers, his first race EVER, and won his class, he has decided he likes this desert racing stuff and has officially declared his interest in joining our club. I know the G.P. works as his pit so he needs a couple more races to be eligible. So I guess this is my official introcuction to the club of "Cousin Chuckie" as we call him (he is Pam's cousin).

Sorry he did not get intorduced on Saturday night as I was  poor host and forgot to tell him about dinner and they went out.

Not sure if he will be hitting the J.V races as he lives in Rosamond but for sure the R.M. races.
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #13 : October 09, 2009, 12:48:54 pm »

Tell him to come out to the 100's national! Even if he doesn't want to race it, he could see what a national is like and get another Pit Duty in. I will be Pit Captain for that one. If he runs down to the 138 and cuts across it is ruffly just under 100 miles. Same as me either place I go.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #14 : October 12, 2009, 11:28:28 am »

CONGRATS Viewies on a job well done!~

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: