Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:26:23 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Checkers 2010 Race Report
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Checkers 2010 Race Report  ( 2985 )
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« : February 28, 2010, 05:51:25 pm »

Keith Jones pushes on to get finisher pin at the Famous Checker's M.C. Hare & Hound!
Not the biggest turnout but still a fun day for one or two Viewfinders (but not the ones who were racing)  We had 4 racers which included Keith Jones, Pete "Gas Can" Medina, Jon "Gumby" Medina, and Megan "%#@*!&##^$" Irwin.   Keith is the hero today for pushing through all the Checker Miles to finish even if he really did not want to.  Gumby got his bell rung from a 6th gear scientific soil analysis.  This coupled with his new technique of using his radiator as a riot shield to protect him from flying objects ended his day at the end of loop one with a confused sense of direction and a lack of compression.  Gumby however did speak very highly of the Check workers.  Pete ran out of gas due to a faulty gas cap just five miles short of the finish of loop one.  After a impromptu pit stop Pete also called it a day at the end of loop one.  Megan had a decent finish but was in severe need of deodorant at the end of the race.   ;D 

Pits ran well with Jenni, my parents and Julian doing all the work.

We were also very fortunate to have Earl "The Pearl" Shuler and Ronnie out visiting with us. 

Good job to our two tough guys. 

Photos to follow. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #1 : February 28, 2010, 06:03:17 pm »

Thanks Aaron, hope your noggin is feeling O.K. Gumby. Look forward to the pictures. From the reports on the district board it sounds like the second loop was a typical Checker Loop, took Kendall 1 hour to go 30 miles!

Oh yea, those are "Checker" miles!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #2 : February 28, 2010, 07:30:38 pm »

GLAD to hear you all made it back OK.

Hope Gumby is feeling better ??

Need to add some deodorant to the pit box !!

Pete, make sure you got enought gas next trip  ;)

Can't wait to get back out there soon.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Gumby
Viewfinder

: 298

« #3 : February 28, 2010, 07:46:39 pm »

yea im feeling pretty good....the bike took most the damage.  broke a radiator, broken water pump cover, pipe is now best friends with my carburator, Fried my top end and maybe bottom end, and bent my bars, and hopefully that's all.

-Gumby
Gumby
Viewfinder

: 298

« #4 : February 28, 2010, 08:22:21 pm »

Oh yea the results of the soil sample came in and it says its a good place to land nice and soft......the bike's sample on the other had says other wise

-Gumby
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #5 : February 28, 2010, 09:42:43 pm »

Hey Gumby, didn't I hear you say one time that the master Charlie Barney told you sometimes you got to slow down to go fast?  ;)
Glad you are doing good, don't let that yellow bar get you! Hope you get the bike going again soon. I am hoping to get a bike soon and will be starting on the yellow bar line also. It's going to take me a while to get used to two wheels again though.  :D

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Aaron Price
Officer

« #6 : March 01, 2010, 05:11:18 am »

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Aaron Price
Officer

« #7 : March 01, 2010, 05:16:53 am »

Aaron Price
Officer

« #8 : March 01, 2010, 05:21:10 am »

Megan Irwin
Viewfinder

: 232

« #9 : March 01, 2010, 07:37:01 am »

So, first you say that I stink and then you don't even include me in any of the pics?? What the heck? Anyways, I thought that the race was awesome and I had a blast...there were a couple rough spots and I (to my surprise) was able to get myself into and out of, some pretty precarious positions.  I also brought my friend Lindsay out and I think I have her talked into racing the Dirt Diggers race....and good news, I finally have a teammate for the night races...Thanks Jenni!!!!!!

Only Viewfinder to ever fail the Rock Star Test!
Aaron Price
Officer

« #10 : March 01, 2010, 08:29:35 am »

So, first you say that I stink and then you don't even include me in any of the pics?? What the heck? Anyways, I thought that the race was awesome and I had a blast...there were a couple rough spots and I (to my surprise) was able to get myself into and out of, some pretty precarious positions.  I also brought my friend Lindsay out and I think I have her talked into racing the Dirt Diggers race....and good news, I finally have a teammate for the night races...Thanks Jenni!!!!!!

relax Megan. I am not done yet.

Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #11 : March 01, 2010, 10:08:16 am »

thanks for the pics Aaron, looks like conditions were perfect.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #12 : March 01, 2010, 01:19:13 pm »

So, first you say that I stink and then you don't even include me in any of the pics?? What the heck?

Saving the best for last ?? ;D

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #13 : March 01, 2010, 03:34:07 pm »

It looks like a great weekend in the desert. I sorry to hear about the brake downs.
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Aaron Price
Officer

« #14 : March 02, 2010, 05:49:22 am »

So, first you say that I stink and then you don't even include me in any of the pics?? What the heck?

Saving the best for last ?? ;D

Easy there Bob!  You don't want to over inflate her ego.   ;D  It's almost as bad as mine!  Truth is she passed me while I was out on the course giving Pete gas so I snapped a shot of her with my phone.  Since I went home and visited with my parents before they left town I did not have a chance to upload my phone pictures too.  Megan just wanted to act like I am mean to her. 

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: