Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:08:09 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fish Lake 2010 Ride
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Fish Lake 2010 Ride  ( 764 )
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« : April 25, 2010, 08:22:52 pm »

Well here is my first ride report, so bear with me

Julian and Gumby showed on Friday, and gave Sandy a call on the way by.  Due to some late hours worked the evening prior by Sandy (until 0300) we did not leave until early Saturday.  We showed up in the am on Saturday, and Julian, Gumby, Sandy, and I went for a short 20 mile ride.  Sandy had to break in the 525 after being in the shop since January, and he picked it up Friday afternoon.  The ride was great, I only managed to pick up a few dirt samples along the way.  The remainder of the riders showed at some point during the remainder of day and into the wee hours including Charlie Barney, Viewie Robert (sorry never got your last name) and his girl friend, Dirt Diggers Waggy, and Jerry (and family), also local friends/riders Kyle Goin and family, and Donny and Mellissa.

Sunday morning we awoke with great weather and headed out for the Chisolm trail ride.  I made it a few before my 450 wrestled me to the ground and pinned me underneath it while going up a hill.  Sandy suggested I may be a little tired for the ride, so I tucked my tail and headed back to camp.  As for the rest of the ride, I heard it was horrible and they all showed up back in camp complaining.  Well that's what I hoped for, everyone raved about the ride and the conditions, you'll have to get more details for those folks there.  We all had lunch and then Charlie, Donny, Kyle and I departed for a short DS ride over to Silver Peak and back.  Sandy had work obligations Monday morning, and had to leave.

Monday morning we again had some great weather, and Kyle took everyone for a short jaunt around the hills, and had a pretty good get off.  He managed to come away unscathed.  For lunch we all headed to the local watering hole, Boonies.  Waggy provided the entertainment and showed his bartending skills by making "Skully's".  Sandy showed up while we were thereand we all headed back to camp for some hot tubbin and washers.  Gumby and I ruled the washer pit for many rounds  :)~:) , until they decided to change the rules on us.

Tuesday we again awoke to great weather and headed for the Sump.  I again took a dirt sample about a mile into the ride and managed to get three rock stuck in my rear sprocket under the chain.  After clearing the problem I caught the group quite a few miles later, and we started our way to camp.  On our way the weather started to turn and the wind began to howl.  We all arrived s it bean to cloud up.  We retired to Charlies trailer and had a few rounds of Liars Dice.  Gumby went out for a break and informed us that it was now snowing!

Wednesday we awoke to almost 4" of snow covering the ground.  So not wanting to sit in camp, we went for some exploring in trucks.  We went to some old cabins, mines, and mills.  It snowed for most of the day and into the evening.  By the time I headed to bed, there were a few inches covering the entire camp.

Thurday we awoke to almost blue skis with snow covering the entire valley.  Sandy rallied the troops and headed off for a snow ride.  Since I was unprepared for the weather, and everything I had was soaked from the evening prior, I made a short trip to the house to do some quick laundry while they rode. I did hear Gumby went off a 6' ledge, but in true Gumby fashion jumped right up, and took off on his bike _.._

Friday came and all the snow had melted, and there was epic dirt in abundance.  We headed out for for the Cabin Under the Rock.  I met up with the group at the first gas pit, and it was an excellent ride.  As we progressed up to Montgomery Pass theold rail bed became really sloppy with a few inches of mud from the recent snow.  We started our way back, and in a wash I thought everyone had rode under a tree limb, when they had actually walked their bikes under it.  Well I smacked into it going about 15 to 20 mph.  Needless to say it rang my bell really good.  I caught up to the group awhile later and Charlie pointed out that I had a flat front tire (gotta love those tubliss tires  :'( ).  I decided to opt out of the ride, and through a couple of bad choices took a different road back to camp.  Fortunately we all made it back.

Saturday morning came and again the weather gods smiled on us with great weather.  With the recent snow, the dirt was nothing short of epic.  The group left for the Candelaria ride, and I met them at the pit.  They arrived at the pit before us, and after a quick fill-up, they took off for Loop 2, while I settled in for a nap.  They were nice enough to wake me up when they returned, and I just loaded my bike up on the trailer and called it quits for the week.  After the ride we all made our way to the hot tub and reflected on a great week of riding and relaxing.

The end total was just about 500 miles ridden, 3 flat tires, and no injuries!

A huge thanks to Tammy Goin along with Julian giving everyone the much needed gas pits!  Without their help the long rides would not have been possible.

Sandy is already planning for next years ride, we only hope to have half of the awesome weather that we had this year!

Hudy

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #1 : April 26, 2010, 07:14:53 am »

All I can say it was an excellent week good times were had by all. This is a must do trip thanks for having us and putting this on.
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #2 : April 26, 2010, 09:27:28 am »

thanks for the report Rick. Hope this economy turns around soon so I can get away for this ride next year.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: