Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:30:33 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Vikings race report
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Vikings race report  ( 1863 )
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« : April 26, 2010, 10:38:14 am »

NOT the best grammer/speller, but here goes.

Got there Friday night and found a nice place away from the crowd, went back down the road to mark camp for the arriving members/friends when I realized I had no stakes, was about to go beg the Vikings for some when I decided to use my cones and the camp arrows I printed up.

Saturday I woke up to many rigs surrounding the camp, including R-3 and United, so much for having a quiet campsite. Lila and I and DEZ did the Poker Run, fun ride, lots of food, some drink, Daiseys by far the best.  Doggie was a hit, everyone had to come over and pet/play with her.  Went over to the card drawing and got 2 crappy hands, so we went back to camp and chilled.

Sunday we got everything ready for the pits and the weather was nice, warm but with a breeze. Then the unthinkable happened, 2 DMC members were found inside there enclosed trailer, they were only able to revive one, sad day indeed.  The race got started about 1 1/2 hour late.  JJ, Lila, Gordon Steffek and I were patiently waiting in the pits for Gary Lacharite and Prospect Brent Corniellius, and Lee Henderson  (1 Loop)  We also pitted 2 friends of Gary, JJ and I.
Brent came in with a flat front tire, He hops off the bike and with some help from Gordon gets the tube changed and back out on the course.
From the early unofficial results, looks Like Gary got 8th Senior Open Expert , Brent worked his way to 2nd Novice Lightweight 1, Lee did one loop and was 7th Mag Lwt Nov and 2nd local rider.

The 2 guests got first and second in SeniorOpen Ami, the 1st place finisher did it with a flat !!

Long day, but everyone did well.
« : May 04, 2010, 01:10:08 am Bob Johnson »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #1 : April 26, 2010, 10:58:29 am »

Chris
I didn't have the pit box so I just scribbled down the attendance on paper, so there wont be a "pit sheet" in the box.

Racers were:
Gary Lacharite
Lee Henderson
Brent Corniellius (prospect)

Pit workers were:
Bob J

Helpers were Jim and Lila johnson and Gordon Steffek

Thanks
« : May 04, 2010, 01:09:23 am Bob Johnson »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #2 : April 26, 2010, 11:34:54 am »

Good race report Bob! The news about DMC floored all of us.. our thoughts and prayers are with CK and family as he struggles to recover. CK is an old school tough dez racer and if anyone can pull thought this - it will be him.

Glad you all had a good time!

Kandy Thornton
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #3 : April 26, 2010, 11:58:25 am »

Good race report Bob! The news about DMC floored all of us.. our thoughts and prayers are with CK and family as he struggles to recover. CK is an old school tough dez racer and if anyone can pull thought this - it will be him.

Glad you all had a good time!

Sometimes having a radio "SUCKS", were relaxing in the pits when I heard the call go out for a Helo and a Sherriff and Coroner  :(  DMC camp was right behind pit road about 200' away from us.
Sad day for all of us, especially DMC.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #4 : April 26, 2010, 11:59:31 am »

Thanks for pulling pit duty and on such a horrible weekend with the devastation. Glad the Poker Run was fun, did they have a good turnout?
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #5 : April 26, 2010, 12:12:29 pm »

Thanks for pulling pit duty and on such a horrible weekend with the devastation. Glad the Poker Run was fun, did they have a good turnout?

I don't have the number of riders, but from what I saw I would guess a decent turnout ??
2 of the checks were just club members stamping your sheet, but they did have food/drink.
The Daiseys by far had the most thought put into it.
VCMC and the Flintstones theme complete with Flintstone mobile/rhino and some goodies to pass out.
SO Cal was nice.
NOT as good as 2 years ago when everyone had outstanding theme checks, but good enough considering the ECONOMY  :o
« : April 28, 2010, 01:45:08 pm Bob Johnson »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #6 : April 26, 2010, 01:34:45 pm »

OH, did I mention Kendall was FLYING !!!!
He comes in to the pits, JJ and I turn around and look towards the course and there is NOT so much as a slight dust trail for several miles out !!
Destry comes in about 4 to 5 minutes later along with the rest of the leaders.
Sadly Destry hurt his shoulder.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #7 : April 26, 2010, 05:06:04 pm »

OH, did I mention Kendall was FLYING !!!!
He comes in to the pits, JJ and I turn around and look towards the course and there is NOT so much as a slight dust trail for several miles out !!
Destry comes in about 4 to 5 minutes later along with the rest of the leaders.
Sadly Destry hurt his shoulder.

Kendall is freaking ON FIRE right now, so good to see him doing well.
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #8 : April 26, 2010, 09:17:50 pm »

Heart breaking news from seasoned desert racers/ campers man!

Just when I didn't think it was ever going to happen for Kendal he comes through big good for him.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #9 : April 27, 2010, 01:44:43 pm »

YES, it was for sure.
The look on many of DMC peoples faces watching all this happen won't get out my mind for a long time.  :'(

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #10 : April 28, 2010, 10:24:47 am »

YES, it was for sure.
The look on many of DMC peoples faces watching all this happen won't get out my mind for a long time.  :'(
Those Viewies that were there the weekend that Hutch passed were deeply touched by his passing and I'm sure can relate.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: