Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:21:48 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Russ Jenkins gets an intervention
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Russ Jenkins gets an intervention  ( 1856 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : May 16, 2010, 11:52:04 am »

Well we converged on the Jenkins compound yesterday. Charlie Barney, Julian/Gumby, and myself met out there and took a little ride in the morning. Came back and Julian helped me get my suspension dialed in and Charley worked with Gumby a bit on his racing.

THEN THE INTERVENTION!!

We pulled the Rhino out and tore into it, C.B. convinced the noise must be coming from the driveshaft where it enters the rear diff. After tearing it completely apart, diff. on the work bench all looked pretty good, lubed everything up and reinstalled. Next came clutch/belt inspection (C.B. loved my commentary while attempting to get the clutch cover off, what a PITA), all checked out fine. Put it all back together and went for a test blast and all works just fine, can't find anything wrong!!! Don't know what we did but it appears to be fixed.

Deanna has her Rhino back!!!
Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

: 435

« #1 : May 16, 2010, 12:16:51 pm »

;D :D ;D :D

THANKS EVEYRONE,FOR COMING AND HELPING WITH THE INTERVENTION.
     I AM GLAD THEIR WAS NOTHING REALLY WRONG WITH IT,I THINK IT JUST NEEDED A LITTLE
     TLC.

DEANN
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #2 : May 16, 2010, 02:07:05 pm »

;D :D ;D :D

THANKS EVEYRONE,FOR COMING AND HELPING WITH THE INTERVENTION.
     I AM GLAD THEIR WAS NOTHING REALLY WRONG WITH IT,I THINK IT JUST NEEDED A LITTLE
     TLC.

DEANN

Not a little, a LOT of TLC.

Did you reserve the house in Avalon. I got a reply from a GP racer that lives there and it sounds like we picked a house close to the start and not far to walk to "town" and all the festivities. Let me know if you need help with that.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #3 : May 16, 2010, 06:40:44 pm »

The "noise" is probably dirt/sand inbedded in the brake pads, funny that one of the "100's" ladies commented that Her Rhino made the same noise as Ours and thought that it was from the "diff" as well as one of the BPMC guys.
I have a new set of rear brake pads sitting on My toolbox ready to be changed !!

Glad Deann has her "ride" back

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

« #4 : May 16, 2010, 08:44:33 pm »

;D ;D
     Yes,we reserved the house next to you!!! look pretty nice.Hope its not to cold there!

the brakes have always made noise on it.can't find out why.we put new brakes on it once,it still made
     the noise.

deann
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #5 : May 17, 2010, 11:43:58 am »

You are welcome Deanna just keep the dog food locked up. Also thanks for getting the house as well.
Darlene is ready to go.
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

« #6 : May 17, 2010, 12:05:55 pm »

;D ;D

I am so ready to go also!!

Gumby
Viewfinder

: 298

« #7 : May 17, 2010, 07:23:14 pm »

thanks for the tutoring charlie, i feel it helped me out a lot at Gorman in the special tests.

-Gumby
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #8 : May 18, 2010, 05:09:48 pm »

How did he do?

CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Gumby
Viewfinder

« #9 : May 18, 2010, 07:12:57 pm »

i felt like i did pretty good but they dont have results out yet, and i didnt really look at my card to figure out how i did.  I did get knocked off the side of the mountain in one test by a guy who wouldnt let me pass when i caught him, that probably hurt my time in that special but i think i did pretty good.
Gumby
Viewfinder

« #10 : May 18, 2010, 07:35:19 pm »

i just saw some preliminary results and i didnt do very good looks like about 6th in class
Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

« #11 : May 18, 2010, 10:07:32 pm »

;D ;D
       way to go gumby,good job,congrats to you

deann
: [1]  
« previous next »
: