Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:13:51 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Kennedy Meadows
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Kennedy Meadows  ( 1780 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : July 25, 2010, 11:10:41 am »

We're heading to KM next weekend. Leave Thursday evening, stop part way and hit the grade EARLY Friday morning, should be ready to ride by 10:00. Stay until Sunday. So far Brian and I are going but I know Charley is considering it as well. I think Pete and Aaron are going the following week but we can't make that weekend.

So if anyone wants to ride KM over the next couple of weekends there will be some Viewies there!

We'll probably stay in Troy overflow.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #1 : July 25, 2010, 06:10:02 pm »

Sorry, we cant make it, Vegas during the week for the "D W's B-day"
T H is in shambles with the floor rotted out.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Gumby
Viewfinder

: 298

« #2 : July 25, 2010, 09:15:36 pm »

i was thinking about going on one of those weekends maybe, any idea if it is mandatory to have a green stickered bike up there this time of year?

-Gumby
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #3 : July 26, 2010, 04:22:00 am »

My understanding is that red sticker is ok year round there but you need a plate to get around to certain spots, at least to be completely legal which we don't care that much about. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #4 : July 26, 2010, 08:26:22 am »

You're good to go Gumby, red sticker is fine. We use our plates to get past some of the clapped out trails right around camp. Might make a run down towards Kernville Saturday which will require a plate. You're more than welcome to join us though, its just Brian and I, maybe Charley, haven't heard back from him yet.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #5 : July 26, 2010, 10:25:00 am »

i was thinking about going on one of those weekends maybe, any idea if it is mandatory to have a green stickered bike up there this time of year?

-Gumby

Your good to go Gumby

Just keep an eye out for the young red haired Ranger if you "cheat" and take a short cut on the pavement, He will give you a ticket.  You can do most of the trails without a plate, The plate comes in handy when you get old like Donn, Brian and I and want to bail out and go back to camp without taking those whooped out dusty trails that connect the camps and good trails.

Have fun

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #6 : July 26, 2010, 10:28:51 am »

You're good to go Gumby, red sticker is fine. We use our plates to get past some of the clapped out trails right around camp. Might make a run down towards Kernville Saturday which will require a plate. You're more than welcome to join us though, its just Brian and I, maybe Charley, haven't heard back from him yet.

If you do Rincon, make sure you allow plenty of time, some of my friends did it in the afternoon and things went from bad to worse and it got dark, not easy during the day, really tough if not impossible at night.
Just ask Yahoo (Jeff Leonard) about the adventure sometime.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #7 : July 26, 2010, 04:07:48 pm »

I'm really interested in doing Rincon but for sure would need to get an early start and not be afraid to take a bailout.
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« #8 : July 28, 2010, 04:36:10 pm »

There is a fire ongoing just north of KM right now, so be prepared for alot of smoke. 

Hudy

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #9 : July 28, 2010, 05:34:38 pm »

Change in plans. Due to the fire/smoke we're going to Big Bear. Brian, Sir Charles and myself. Probably go to Hanna Flats. Anyone with a plated bike is welcome to join us. Will be up there early Friday morning so call me if you want to know where we are.

626-926-6077
: [1]  
« previous next »
: