Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:25:10 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  300 First Ride Report
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: 300 First Ride Report  ( 870 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« : October 24, 2010, 09:28:34 pm »

Well after having the bike for a month and a half or so, I finally really got to ride it today. A couple of friends and I went up to Dove Springs and took a ride up to the Survival Cabin. Man I LOVE this bike! It feels like a 250 but has a little more get up and go. Julian did the suspension on it and so far it is feeling great. The stock gearing on the EXC which is the same as the newer XCW is really nice. 1st gear is low and great for the really slow stuff but 5th is pretty high. I got up to 86 tapped out on the dirt road. My friend was trying to keep up on his 525. I am not sure how accurate the stock odometers are but it did feel pretty fast. I swapped the Needle out for one that is a half step leaner and put the jetting back to stock. Jetting was great but I think I will go up one step on the main since it felt a little flat.

I was really surprised how fast I was feeling normal on two wheels again. A few times I had a little balance challenged moment but never went down. I feel much faster than I did on my quad. As I said the suspension is great (Thanks again Julian) and it was nice to not have to slow down for whoops and jumps on the trail. The only problem is the font end needs some lead weights added! The front end is so light that you can really get into trouble if you not careful. It is also an advantage though because the front end will come up whenever you want it to.

I would hate to ride this thing without a stabilizer though. Even with it, it is very light feeling and feels like it doesn't have a stabilizer on it. I can't wait to get some more seat time on it and really start getting comfortable on it.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #1 : October 25, 2010, 06:45:44 am »

Excellent Chris welcome back to the two wheel world.
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #2 : October 25, 2010, 11:30:35 am »

I would hate to ride this thing without a stabilizer though. Even with it, it is very light feeling and feels like it doesn't have a stabilizer on it. I can't wait to get some more seat time on it and really start getting comfortable on it.

My 250XCF-W feels very light in the front end as well, sometimes I don't think it is going to turn unless I back off the throttle and transfer some weight to the front. I was told I need a "Fatboy spring" on the rear shock and set the sag to get more weight on the front tire ??

I can't wait to get back out and race next season, been a rough year for Me/Us and I have only ridden last New Years at Spangler and in July at K M. I get to ride T G weekend  ;D

Glad to see You back on 2 wheels, those DEZ races will seem like a "Walk in the Park" compared to doing them on a quad  ::)

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: