Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:14:39 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Saying goodbye to a dear friend
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Saying goodbye to a dear friend  ( 1276 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« : December 27, 2010, 01:15:47 pm »

Well it is a very sad day for me. I am having to do one of the hardest things I have had to do in my life. I am saying goodbye to my very dear friend and companion Kahn. As a lot of you know, he hasn't been able to walk for some time and although I don't want to do it, today is the day. He has been much more than just a dog. He really has been a best friend and a companion. When he was a puppy, I would sleep on the floor next to him. All he has every wanted in life was to be by my side. This really is like loosing a family member and has been a very hard thing to face. He hasn't been in any pain so I felt like I owed it to him to give him more time. It has been a daily thing of cleaning him and laying down new plastic and sheets in the house. So I have given him a bath and spent time petting and playing with him which in itself has been extremely hard to do.

It won't be the same without him around but I do have very fond memories of the time he has been with us. Although this has been very hard to write, I know a lot of you have thought about him so I wanted to let everyone know. I hope there is a better place for him to go and be young again.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #1 : December 27, 2010, 02:07:48 pm »

VERY SORRY to hear this, We have had to say good bye to many dogs over the years, Its never easy.
They are family to Us and its never easy to make the decision.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #2 : December 27, 2010, 05:33:21 pm »

Tami and I as so sorry to hear about this.  I think you know we both love Kahn.  We share your pain.  I feel comfortable saying that Kahn has always been fully aware that whatever decisions you have ever made for him in his life have been for his best interests.  This most difficult decision is no different.  Tami and I are thinking of you and your family. 

PS:  We're both sure that Cali is going to do her best to help fill the hole in your hearts.  Although she will have some really big paws prints to fill.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : December 27, 2010, 06:08:44 pm »

We've spoken about this a few times and knew this day would come, but that doesn't make it any easier. Our thoughts are with you and the family. We feel your pain, this is never an easy decision but know he knew you all loved him immensely and now he's in a better place where his legs work like when he was a pup.

Let's lift a beer for him this weekend and give the other dogs a cookie in his honor.
Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

: 435

« #4 : December 28, 2010, 12:26:52 pm »

>:(

So sorry to here this Chris,I know how hard it is to to say goodbye to a loved one that has always been
     there for you,he will be missed.

love to you and your family

the Jenkins
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #5 : December 28, 2010, 01:04:09 pm »

Thank you for the kind words everyone. It was a tough afternoon / evening. I have lost dogs over the years but non were like Kahn. We had him cremated so we can give him a proper burial. I didn't want him to just be disposed of. He was a dog but in our hearts he was much more.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Trhollister
Viewfinder

: 220

« #6 : December 29, 2010, 11:51:07 am »

Sorry to hear about it Chris.
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #7 : December 29, 2010, 01:10:01 pm »

Made the same difficult decision on 6/27/03 w/ Nikona. After 16 1/2 years, he is w/ me everyday as his dog tag is on my key ring! Sorry for you and your families loss :'( :'( :
: [1]  
« previous next »
: