Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:07:42 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Save some money, here's how!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Save some money, here's how!  ( 2109 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« : January 26, 2011, 05:29:06 pm »

I don't know why I haven't posted this sooner but here it is.
We use both these services and they are great with no gimmicks.

If you like going out to eat, this is for you.
http://www.restaurant.com/index.asp?pgn=home
Just sign up and put your zip code in. It will give you a list of the restaurants in your area that participate. They do change from time to time. What you do is, buy a gift certificate for whichever amount you choose. Some are $10, $25, $50 or even $100. Normally the $25 dollar one only costs $10! If you plan in advance, they go on sale and you can get them for as low as $2. That's right, you get $25 worth of food for only $2! The only catch is you must spend like $35 and drinks and tips are not included. This still works out to be a great deal. Each time we have used it, we had no problem covering the minimum with what we would have ordered anyway. The last time we bought a $50 for $4 so we got $46 in free food. It really is a great deal if you can find restaurants that you want to go to. There is an Italian place in Palmdale the blows the Olive Garden out of the water. You can buy them and just leave them until you are ready to use it. Then just print it out and take it to the restaurant. Give it to them when you order and they call it in.

If you like shopping online, here is another great site.
http://www.ebates.com/
Again, you sign up and go through the list of stores to buy from. Most of the big ones are on there. You just click on the store and it takes you to that stores normal website but by doing this, you get cash back. The amount is between 1% - 10% but normally around 4% or 5%. The amount is posted on each stores link so you know before going there. They send you a check in the mail each month. It's basically free money for just taking an extra step and going through their website first.

We have been using both of these for some time and have never received any spam, junk email, junk mail or any phone calls.

I posted about using your credit card last year I think it was but also check out the deals with you credit card.
We use our Discover card to pay for EVERYTHING including our normal household bills. That is a guaranteed 1% cash back. They also have programs that you can go online and sign up for. We got an extra $500 over 5 months just for signing up for the promo. That was a better than normal one but they have different ones all the time.

If you just take a little bit of time, you can save or earn a lot of money. Who can't use extra money?
« : January 26, 2011, 05:47:47 pm Chris Cory - Secretary »

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #1 : January 26, 2011, 07:14:41 pm »

If you just take a little bit of time, you can save or earn a lot of money. Who can't use extra money?

I can't "USE" extra money
D W spends it before I can  ;)

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #2 : January 26, 2011, 08:52:27 pm »

Oooooh!  Chris Cory got his account hacked by spammers trying to sell something.   ;D

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Administrator

« #3 : January 26, 2011, 09:08:07 pm »

Hehe. No not trying to sell anything. I don't get anything out of it. Just passing on some info to help everyone out. Last year, we probably got back over $1000 for just doing stuff like this. The key is to just get money back for what you would have done anyway.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #4 : January 27, 2011, 07:38:58 am »

thanks Chris, I'll check it out.
Administrator

« #5 : January 28, 2011, 12:36:55 pm »

Okay, here is another one as an example. Rocky Mountain MC has had a promotion going this month to earn double points for their frequent buyer program. It is a multi tier system where the more you buy, the faster you earn. At 1,000 points you earn $50. They started me off with $10. I found a coupon code they gives you $20 when you spend $150 or more. I placed 3 separate orders each just over $150. So my free money was 10+20+20+20+50=120!!! The last 50 was for hitting the 1,000 mark which really was only 500 since it was double points this month.

Again, I got $120 FREE just for playing the game when I bought the stuff I needed to buy anyway! Now that I am at the next tier in the program, I will earn $50 for each $250 that I spend. Basically an automatic 20% off what is normally the lowest prices around.

See why I say you can get lots of free money? It only takes a little bit of time and it all adds up.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Administrator

« #6 : January 31, 2011, 05:12:29 pm »

This is last minute but you can get the $25 gift certificates for $2 but it ends tonight at http://www.restaurant.com
I didn't check that email until now so I didn't see the offer until now.
Just put in Promo Code MEAL

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

: 435

« #7 : January 31, 2011, 06:06:32 pm »

;D ;D

thanks chris i purchased several of them.......cool
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #8 : February 01, 2011, 10:44:20 am »

We have been using Restaurant.com for a couple of years now.... makes no sense not to if you already frequent the places on there!

Kandy Thornton
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #9 : February 01, 2011, 09:41:24 pm »

We have been using Restaurant.com for a couple of years now.... makes no sense not to if you already frequent the places on there!

Jack in the Box is using Restaurant. com  ???
: [1]  
« previous next »
: