Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:32:20 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Dirt Diggers Grand Prix Roll Call
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Dirt Diggers Grand Prix Roll Call  ( 3607 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #15 : February 03, 2011, 06:52:00 pm »

Oh that sucks, I was hoping to hang out with you guys there. Tell Russ Happy Birthday for us!

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« #16 : February 03, 2011, 07:50:18 pm »

Ill be flying solo on this one, see everyone Saturday morning.  Happy birthday to Russ

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #17 : February 04, 2011, 12:43:37 pm »

Ill be flying solo on this one, see everyone Saturday morning.  Happy birthday to Russ
Mike and Michael Hastings are on their way! I mentioined to save you and Chris some room to park!
Trhollister
Viewfinder

: 220

« #18 : February 07, 2011, 10:05:45 pm »

How did it go?
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #19 : February 08, 2011, 09:31:21 pm »

How did it go?

How did Chris do ??

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« #20 : February 08, 2011, 09:55:10 pm »

Ill throw down a small report.  The track was in good shape and not too difficult at all.  It was a little muddy for the first 2 laps of the senior race, but started to dry out on the third lap.  I finished 7th (stopped on 3rd lap to help a kid that went down).  Not sure how Chris or Mike did on their race, I saw Chris at the end and he looked a little tired and said his knee was sore.  James Jenkins was out there, as well as Jim McG.  I think Jim was going to try and race his Bulltaco  ;D on Sunday.  I had to bail on Saturday, so it was a rundown, race, runback for me. 

Hudy

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #21 : February 09, 2011, 09:39:20 am »

Well this was my first bike race since 1997. It was a fun weekend and Dirt Diggers really upped the bar. The course was fun overall and tight in the back section making it pretty hard to pass is some areas. I road 2 laps in the unclassified race to get a feel for the track. Some parts were wet and felt like you were riding on grease. Other areas were wet but had a lot of traction. This made it a little fun but my main goal was to just finish without getting hurt. My senior class start had 35 guys on it and I had a 2 kick start which put me near the back of the pack. I slowly moved my way forward and didn?t get passed much until towards the end by the expert leaders lapping me. I am really out of shape and this being a long motocross race for the most part made me happy with my finish. I wasn?t too tired but I can?t go as fast as I want to because by body won?t let me. I will be working on that part though. In the end, I got 19th out of 35 for the GP side and 2nd out of 9 for the desert points. So looking at the desert guys, I didn?t do too bad for my first two wheel race in a long time. Actually this was my first race since last May I believe.

Nate did his first bike race without training wheels and we are very proud of him. He is still a little nervous riding without the training wheels but he did great. I kep him in first and just wanted him to have fun. After a few laps, he started up and downshifting some because he wanted to go faster. The 4 year old on the PW 50 that was getting air on the jump lapped him a few times but he had fun which is the only important thing. We have some great pictures that I will post later today.

Hudy was at the finish waiting for me and said hello and goodbye as he headed back home. Matt Alexander, Mike Hastings, James, Josh and Jim Mcgrath were also there. Jim forgot he was on an old bike in the vintage race and was overalling it until he seized the bike. He let it cool down and then just road the rest of the race. James, Josh and Danielle were out on the course rooting me on but I only saw Josh. Thanks guys!

Dirt Diggers are upping the bar and putting a lot of effort into their event. They are putting out some really great trophies that look like bronze statues and gave out a souvenir program to all racers. They gave out hole shot awards for every starting row I believe and had a $2500 payout for the team race. They still made some money on that race too. They also had a night adult mini team race that was a blast to watch. It was a slightly longer version of the pee wee course. They changed riders in the pits every lap and was a really great spectator event. Some So Cal guys had on a captain American and batman looking costumes which were pretty funny. In terms of a spectator event, this was a great one.
« : February 09, 2011, 09:43:43 am Chris Cory - Secretary »

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #22 : February 10, 2011, 10:42:21 am »

thanks for the full report Chris. I see on the D37 board that they really went all out, that's great, sets the tone for the Big 6 and I understand the turn out was outstanding according to Dave Oakleaf. The adult mini race sounds like a blast, wonder if we have enough lights for one?
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #23 : February 10, 2011, 11:11:47 am »

Looks like you did NOT ride the Quad ??
Not a bad finish for someone who just got "off the couch"  :P
I am Missing riding big time, rode T G weekend and tried to ride over N Y's, but the arm problem was too much.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: