Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:27:31 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Bad news for my family.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: Bad news for my family.  ( 7789 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« : February 26, 2011, 08:55:56 pm »

I haven't been on here as much the last few days and as I mentioned in the other thread, I took my mom to the ER on Thursday. It has been going on since January 8th and she finally got weak enough to agree to go to the ER instead of waiting on the insurance to take forever.

They did the CT scan that she was waiting on the insurance company to approve for a week. They found a mass was connecting her colon and kidney along with needing to remove her gallbladder that her normal doctor missed in the earlier ultrasound results.   

She went in for surgery this morning and unfortunately we found out that it was advanced cancer. They had to remove the tumor, part of the small and large intestines, her right kidney and her lymth nodes. It had spread to her lymth nodes so that is a big concern. She is in ICU and we won't know to much for a few days. We only got to see her for a few minutes since they are keeping her on a ventilator for the night since her breathing was to shallow. She woke up enough to know that we were there and could answer our questions by blinking her eyes.

It is real hard on all of the family right now even though we have known that this was a possibility. My grandfather, great grandfather and mother and great great grandfather all died from colon cancer on her side. The last two colonoscopies that she tried to get were denied by the insurance company. We didn't know this until recently. She hasn't had one since 2005 so if she would have, they could have caught this sooner.

We are hoping for the best and hope that it has not spread to anywhere else that they don't know about yet. For now, we just want her to heal form the surgery and then see what the next step will be.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« #1 : February 27, 2011, 12:34:52 am »

I feel anything I can say at times like these would be woefully inadequate.  Rest assured you are in are thoughts, and if there is anything that needs to be done by your Viewie family, it will be.

Hudy

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #2 : February 27, 2011, 11:58:23 am »

Never know what to say at times like these, We will definatly keep all of you in our thoughts and hope for the best.
Lila and Bob

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Administrator

« #3 : February 27, 2011, 12:43:11 pm »

Thanks guys. Today is a little better than yesterday. They took the tube out so she can talk now. Still very tired but talkibg about all the things that need to be done at home. Her vitals have been good and everything is going as expected at this point. We can only hope that she recovers without any issues and nothing new comes up. She will be here for around 10 days but should be moved out of the ICU tomorrow.

Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts.

P.S. I hope everything goes well with your surgery Bob.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #4 : February 27, 2011, 03:34:48 pm »

THANKS Chris
Will let all of you know more info tommorrow night if things go as planned.

Were all hoping things keep improving with your Mom.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #5 : February 28, 2011, 08:41:34 am »

Sorry to find out this AM that your mom has been dealing w/ this for several weeks. Praying that what has been done solves her problems. Stay tough in the fight and lean on the Club for for any support you and your family may need! Keith
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #6 : February 28, 2011, 08:43:36 am »

Echoing KJ's sentiments Chris. Any support you need on this please call. Any questions regarding the colon cancer you can talk to Pam, she's a reluctant expert on the subject. Where's Mom at?
Administrator

« #7 : February 28, 2011, 10:39:30 am »

Thanks guys my family is doing good for now. She's continuing to improve is it a little pain but that's expected at this point. They are moving out of icu into managed care today. My 2 nieces flew out from back east at my sister is coming in tomorrow so we have plenty of help for now. Her speech is much better today and my dad was able to understand her on the telephone.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #8 : February 28, 2011, 06:46:26 pm »

Chris - I just read this.  I'm so sorry to hear about what's been going on.  I'm not far down the road, and have a somewhat flexible schedule.  If there is anything I can do for you guys, please let me know.  Your family is in our prayers.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #9 : February 28, 2011, 10:03:48 pm »

THANKS Chris
Will let all of you know more info tommorrow night if things go as planned.

Were all hoping things keep improving with your Mom.

Was with Lila this evening, Bob is at Kaiser Baldwin Park, will be there a day or two. If you're in the area stop by and give him some support.
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #10 : March 01, 2011, 08:34:10 am »

Sorry to hear about your Mom Chris. We will keep her in our thoughts

Kandy Thornton
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #11 : March 03, 2011, 12:10:34 pm »

Have not heard anything in a few days, hoping "Mom" is doing better.
I know your very busy Chris, so give us an update when you have time.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Administrator

« #12 : March 03, 2011, 01:13:17 pm »

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone. I really wish we are getting better news but we just found out that she has stage 4 lymphoma. It is a type that they can not just find and remove with surgery. She will be starting chemotherapy on Monday through a catheter inserted up around her neck.  At this point, we have no clue on life expectancy since there is so much going on. The first step is to recover from the surgery. She does have some leakage that they believe is from the intestine that they capped off but they are waiting to see if it will heal itself.

They seem to be taking good care of her, so all we can do is wait to see what happens. It is very hard to set by and not know what the outcome will be.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #13 : March 03, 2011, 02:21:13 pm »

Sorry chris. That's rough. Hang in there.

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #14 : March 03, 2011, 02:30:49 pm »

Thanks for the update, I know its rough on you and the family, still have all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
: