Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:57:52 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Bob Johnson
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Bob Johnson  ( 3652 )
Jim Johnson
Viewfinder

: 124

« : February 28, 2011, 10:44:09 pm »

My pops had ihis surgery today. We recieved the news we did not want to hear. The mass he had in his arm was cancer. They removed it along with most of his left bicept. He may not be able to bend his arm because they were not able to keep much of the muscle. They did a ct scan of his chest to see if it has spread. We will not know until tommorow the results of that scan. I spoke with him this evening and he is feeling fine and in good spirits. I will let everyone know as soon as I here anything.

I would like to thank Don for coming over to the hospital and helping to calm my mother. Thanks again.JJ

Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #1 : March 01, 2011, 06:11:56 am »

So sorry to hear this about Bob also. I really hope they got it all and wont find anything else in the CT scan. I know this is a hard time for Lila also so if you guys need anything, we are all here to help. It's times like these that having this great extended family makes life a little easier.

Really wishing for the best,

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #2 : March 01, 2011, 06:43:32 am »

I agree with Chris our prayers are with you Bob if you need anything put the word out we will be there.

CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : March 01, 2011, 08:28:09 am »

Lila is having a tough time with this but looked better after JJ got there. So glad I am close and was able to prop her up a bit. As soon as I hear about visitors I will let everyone know.

Thanks Jimmy for posting, I didn't know what to say/do in that regard.
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #4 : March 01, 2011, 08:32:52 am »

Prayers and healing thoughts going out to Bob, Lila, JJ and the Johnson family.  Bob has always struck me as a pretty tough guy - he will get through this!  Keep us posted on his results/prognosis.

Kandy Thornton
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #5 : March 01, 2011, 06:35:43 pm »

I'm so sorry to hear about this diagnosis.  I hope the CT comes back clear and Bob can begin healing.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Johnson family. 
Jim Johnson
Viewfinder

« #6 : March 01, 2011, 07:58:19 pm »

Good news. The ct scan came back in our favor. He is on his way home Tue. evening. I do not have alot of details but I am sure he will be on here in the next few days and fill everyone in. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. JJ   _.._
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #7 : March 01, 2011, 08:10:41 pm »

That is great news JJ! Not as lucky on our side. Looking forward to hearing from him.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Jim Johnson
Viewfinder

« #8 : March 01, 2011, 08:24:53 pm »

Sorry to here about your mom. Your family will be in our thoughts.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #9 : March 01, 2011, 09:14:36 pm »

Just got home, really tired and hurting from the trip down the 10 fwy, but I wiil try to fill in the details tommorrow.
Thanks Donn, it helps having someone you know to lean on in times like this.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #10 : March 02, 2011, 08:40:10 am »

Just got home, really tired and hurting from the trip down the 10 fwy, but I wiil try to fill in the details tommorrow.
Thanks Donn, it helps having someone you know to lean on in times like this.

So glad you got to go home yesterday. Lila called me in the morning and gave me an update and "no news was good news" so I knew you went home and didn't stop by to see you. Rest up, you'll need your strength for the follow up. Glad to hear the CT came back negative.

Anytime you're back in B.P. let me know and I'll do what I can, glad to do it.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #11 : March 02, 2011, 12:38:22 pm »

OK, Things are going better, so I think I can type a little.
As J J said, it was a cancerous tumor and they feel they got all of it, the main concern is the amount of bi-cep muscle they had to cut out, thats what the uncertainty is now. I am getting more movement each day, so thats a good sign. If they see no more cancer after a year they could go back in and make some repairs to the muscle to get my strength back.  The C T scan was generally good, some small concerns, but they wanted a baseline scan to  compare against future scans for reference. One Dr said that everybody who has lived long in So Cal has some lung issues.
Still need some radiation treatments after a few weeks of healing and another C T scan in 3 months
THANKS for the thoughts and prayers from my extended family and Donn for stopping by and keeping Lila occupied until J J got there.
We got there at 7:30 AM and did not get into surgery until around 2 PM and back in a room till 6:30 P M, so it was a very long and stressfull day for Lila.
I can say this about Baldwin Park Kaiser, They ROCK compared to Riverside and Moreno Valley, Sure glad I kept pushing for a better answer after I saw the Urgent care Dr and His Krappy diagnosis, Once they refered us over to B-Park things went down quickly like they should have, getting the health care people to "spring" for MRI and C T scans seems to be the main issues with alot of people I know.
Again THANKS for all the support and I am glad I have the Rhino as a backup DEZ vehical to help Me thru this, See You all soon !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #12 : March 02, 2011, 02:53:41 pm »

Glad you are recovering. You scared us old timer!  :-(~

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #13 : March 02, 2011, 03:28:26 pm »

As I told Lila, once they diagnose Cancer Kaiser springs into action VERY fast. I cannot say enough about how they treated Pam once we got the word. From Diagnosis to surgery was 3 weeks. You are in excellent hands Bob. Glad to hear you have good movement already. Yes, Dr. said they do a transplant of your oblique muscle into your bicep for repair, once all is good.

Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #14 : March 02, 2011, 06:16:50 pm »

Glad you are recovering. You scared us old timer!  :-(~

Who Ya calling OLD !!

I will be back out, might be awhile before I can ride a bike, but I'm NOT giving up.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: