Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:08:49 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Just got off the phone with very happy Pete
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Just got off the phone with very happy Pete  ( 4190 )
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #15 : November 08, 2011, 04:53:34 pm »

The year they left from Chapparral Motosports was much better than endles miles of whoops from Palmdale to Barstool.
I only did the first day and ended up bailing out near Camp Rock Road due to darkness, but I would like to do it again, even if only 1 day.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #16 : November 08, 2011, 09:39:59 pm »

Wow Pete, I thought is was going to be another grandchild or something boring but a new DS WOW. I agree with Don Saturday a little boring but I liked the back side of Barstow out of the wilderness area. Up early on sunday 5:00 a.m. finished at 6:00 p.m.with a stop in baker and Sandy Nevada for lunch very cool town. 479 miles. Thought about it this year with the boy but the cost ama x 2, plus entry, and a room in Barstow and Vegas is an investment 1,000 bucks. Next year for sure. Congrats Pete
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #17 : November 09, 2011, 12:16:20 pm »

I want to do next year as well. I'm as now.
 >:D
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #18 : November 09, 2011, 07:36:38 pm »

CB

Yea me too, what Charlie said!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #19 : November 10, 2011, 07:40:25 am »

CB

Yea me too, what Charlie said!

I think that sounds great, let's pencil it in for 2012!
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #20 : November 11, 2011, 10:08:43 am »

I'd love to shoot for this next year.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #21 : November 11, 2011, 10:42:54 am »

If we can get and keep everyone healthy, we could have 8-10 riders ??

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

« #22 : November 17, 2011, 07:25:32 pm »

I hear-tell that Pete is determined to ride day 2 of LA-B-to-V.  I also hear he has had a hard time finding a riding partner, but doesn't necessarily have all the equipment he needs for such an event.  If anyone has his phone number, please pass on that he is more than welcome to borrow my roll-chart, GPS, and "KTM" pack pack with whatever tools I have in it.  Don't want to jinx him by offering break-down stuff, but would sure hate to know he sat in the dez forever because he didn't have the right equipment.  My cell is (661) 305-5163.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #23 : November 18, 2011, 07:48:03 am »

I hear-tell that Pete is determined to ride day 2 of LA-B-to-V.  I also hear he has had a hard time finding a riding partner, but doesn't necessarily have all the equipment he needs for such an event.  If anyone has his phone number, please pass on that he is more than welcome to borrow my roll-chart, GPS, and "KTM" pack pack with whatever tools I have in it.  Don't want to jinx him by offering break-down stuff, but would sure hate to know he sat in the dez forever because he didn't have the right equipment.  My cell is (661) 305-5163.

I'm hooking him up with someone to ride with Brian. He's only doing Saturday and Mary Jo is driving chase. He knows he MUST have a roll chart holder and he can do without a GPS as long as he's with someone else. I will pass on the offer though.
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

« #24 : November 19, 2011, 07:14:12 pm »

I'm hooking him up with someone to ride with Brian. He's only doing Saturday and Mary Jo is driving chase. He knows he MUST have a roll chart holder and he can do without a GPS as long as he's with someone else. I will pass on the offer though.

From experience, you can also tell him about the importance of extra 21" tubes, and a way to change them.   Pot
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #25 : November 19, 2011, 07:58:38 pm »

From experience, you can also tell him about the importance of extra 21" tubes, and a way to change them.   Pot

And a CO2 tire kit to fill the tires, the ride I was on there were several flats, and people using hand pumps to fill the tires.
A normal CO2 cartridge that come 5 in a pack will fill the tire to about 10-12PSI in seconds. I made a few believers real quick with my "kit'.
They were all concerned if I might need some later, I had 6 cartridges, one in the "kit" and 5 in the pack, I used 3 along with some "self adhesive" patches.  I am lazy and look for the easiest fix.  One of my tire irons has a wrench to fit  the rear axel nut.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

« #26 : November 20, 2011, 05:29:47 pm »

I was just taking a cheap shot at Donn.  On the LAB2V ride we did, day one was no problem ... with respect to tires.  Day 2 I think Donn was hungry cuz he was eating tubes like a mad man.  He had a total of three flats, both front and read tires, over the course of about 50 miles.  He got one on a fire road!!!!!  By Baker we had to make a decission to try to continue the last 150-200 miles with only one spare tube for two bikes.  We had to fold.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #27 : November 20, 2011, 06:23:50 pm »

I was just taking a cheap shot at Donn.  On the LAB2V ride we did, day one was no problem ... with respect to tires.  Day 2 I think Donn was hungry cuz he was eating tubes like a mad man.  He had a total of three flats, both front and read tires, over the course of about 50 miles.  He got one on a fire road!!!!!  By Baker we had to make a decission to try to continue the last 150-200 miles with only one spare tube for two bikes.  We had to fold.

No problem, but there were a bunch of flats the year I rode, one before we hit the dirt !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #28 : November 28, 2011, 04:54:24 pm »

So anyone hear from Pete, lets hear the stories !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #29 : November 29, 2011, 07:38:35 am »

So anyone hear from Pete, lets hear the stories !!

I did not hear from him but did get a PM from his riding partner, said they enjoyed his company and sounded like an uneventful day.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: