Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:08:13 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Events on Public Land
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Events on Public Land  ( 1509 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : November 17, 2011, 02:24:01 pm »

As some of you may know we had a special meeting Monday that the President and Referee were required to attend. Since Jim lives so far away, and we don't promote on public land, Jim was excused and I substituted and Insurance Compliance Officer. Norm was there representing the club President and Bill McInnes as the other club rep.

The main focus of discussion was directed at the clubs that promote events on BLM land. It is imperative that they follow the Special Recreation Permit process which can be found on the District 37 message board http://www.district37ama.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42. We all should be somewhat familiar with these forms and requirements, even if we don't promote on BLM land.

We all as racers/users of BLM land must be stewards of the land and District 37. Understand that it's no longer O.K. to ride/drive with an open container, to be closer than 150' from an active race course unless it's 15 MPH. To know that the law is 15 MPH when within 150' of ANY CAMP. Also to notice if the hosting club is doing things correctly, we need to police ourselves.

If anyone has any questions please let me know. If I can't answer them either Jerry Grabow or Skip Earwood can.

Also in case you missed it race fees are increasing nest year to $51.00/race to cover cost recovery. This may or may not remain as we get a better handle on cost recovery with the BLM. Again if you want more info. let me know, too much to go into here.

Thank you for allowing me to be your representative for District 37 the past few years. I'll still be at the meetings and now with Bob on board we have 3 votes for our club.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #1 : November 17, 2011, 10:25:08 pm »

I wish I would have known about the meeting, I would have gone.
I NEED to got out of the house MORE !!

I hope I can be a good Rep for the club, I do have Flat Tire and Donn to keep me inline   _.._

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #2 : November 18, 2011, 07:46:17 am »

I hope I can be a good Rep for the club, I do have Flat Tire and Donn to keep me inline   _.._

Actually I was surprised Bill was there. There really was no reason for anyone except Referee/ICO and Pres. to be there.
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #3 : November 29, 2011, 07:32:46 am »

Good job Boys

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #4 : November 29, 2011, 07:18:06 pm »

Actually I was surprised Bill was there. There really was no reason for anyone except Referee/ICO and Pres. to be there.

Thanks for covering my back Donn. I'm sure you can fill me in one of these days.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #5 : November 30, 2011, 09:19:50 am »

Thanks for covering my back Donn. I'm sure you can fill me in one of these days.

You're up to about a 12 pack now Jim!  ;D
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #6 : December 02, 2011, 12:01:05 pm »

Just to add a little, there was some talk last night about some of the info from the meetings not getting back to the prez and ref.
Not sure how that was handled in the past, but I would like to know what needs to be done to make sure it does.

Seems like the biggest issue right now is conforming to the BLM rules, with the exception of RHR, the last few events have had some obvious violations and one club is on probation.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #7 : December 02, 2011, 12:52:49 pm »

In the past I've tried to relay important information to Norm/Keith as it comes up then report to the club as a whole via meetings and here. Since we don't promote on public land I never thought it pertinent to get into all the SRP stuff. Where Bill and I failed was on sound testing, which bit us this year; we failed to stress its importance.

Speaking of sound testing see new thread in members section.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: