Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:47:59 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  United NOT-SO-TUFF-E-NUFF ENDURO Roll Call!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4
: United NOT-SO-TUFF-E-NUFF ENDURO Roll Call!  ( 6147 )
Gumby
Viewfinder

: 298

« #30 : January 10, 2012, 08:41:37 pm »

Hey Tod tell them to save a spot on your minute, I should be out with my dad Saturday morning

-gumby
Todd Iles
Viewfinder

: 85

« #31 : January 11, 2012, 10:45:08 am »

OK, we are either going to sign up online, or might just go over there Saturday when they open and we can all sign-up.  Dont think it will make much difference in minute assignment this close.
I may go out Friday night, but for sure will be there Saturday AM in time for the family enduro
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #32 : January 11, 2012, 10:48:47 am »

OK, we are either going to sign up online, or might just go over there Saturday when they open and we can all sign-up.  Dont think it will make much difference in minute assignment this close.
I may go out Friday night, but for sure will be there Saturday AM in time for the family enduro

I'll be out Friday night. Probably pretty early to beat the traffic. Doubt I'll ride the FE, need to save my legs for 90 miles on Sunday  :o
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #33 : January 11, 2012, 12:55:13 pm »

Route Sheet for UMC is up on the D37 Enduro Message Board! See ya Saturday afternoon. KJ and Tara
ps I say "Leave the light on" Tara asks " Leave the trash out" ::)
Todd Iles
Viewfinder

: 85

« #34 : January 12, 2012, 03:25:45 pm »

Hey Gumby,
I signed up on-line and asked them to hold a spot for you and another for a friend coming out with me.  She emailed back OK, so just let them know when you sign up.  Leaves one spot on our minute if anyone else is interested.
See you guys Saturday
Cchollister
Viewfinder

: 233

« #35 : January 15, 2012, 09:09:13 pm »

How was it?
Gumby
Viewfinder

: 298

« #36 : January 16, 2012, 07:26:33 am »

it was fun, all three loops were tons of fun second was a little harder than the third i think.  I think i did pretty good but i really dont know.  Todd called it quits after the second loop, Keith finished both loops, I believe Aaron is yet to finish a race on the mutt....this time the mutt didnt give up on him, he gave up on the mutt. I saw Lee on the last big up hill on the second loop about 5 miles from the finish so im pretty sure he made it.  Donn was catching his breath after a down hill into a check on the second loop, he didnt finish the second loop, and Todd's friend ( I cant come up with the name right off) finished both loops and was riding really well, im sure he did good in his class.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #37 : January 16, 2012, 08:51:00 am »

My Mangina HURTS!!!!

I was totally beat about 2/3 through the second loop when I came to the "hill from hell" and bailed. It was total carnage on that hill, bikes/bodies everywhere. I went out and around and knew I was screwed so took a DNF, I was about 30 minutes from houring out anyway.

Then on the way home my diesel conked out again. Had to be towed home from Apple Valley, that's twice now with the truck and trailer. There's a new Duramax in my immediate future! Got home at 9:00, unhooked and eating dinner at 10:30.

I thought the course was pretty fun up until that stupid hill. Lots of tricky ups and downs and tight trails through the rocks. Just too far for my old out of shape body.
« : January 16, 2012, 08:55:03 am Donn Nay - D37 Rep »
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #38 : January 16, 2012, 11:26:31 am »

Then on the way home my diesel conked out again. Had to be towed home from Apple Valley, that's twice now with the truck and trailer. There's a new Duramax in my immediate future! Got home at 9:00, unhooked and eating dinner at 10:30.

Any idea what happened to the truck ??
Thats gotta suck, already tired and beat up from the Enduro and then having to deal with the breakdown.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #39 : January 16, 2012, 12:42:34 pm »

Donn nailed it! "STUPID UPHILL" I saw no way around w/o a DNF! If you weren't an accompliished rider and carried some momentum approching the hill while bouncing off of rocks in silt, it took 10 minute to do the worst 10 ft of shale face (almost vertical) part of the hill while leaving 10 mi of rubber on the rock face. Or, do like Todd and Gumby and help each other push and pull. Lee's idea of grab a hand full and ghost ride the bike and hope it made it over was another option as long as you didn't break a lever or smash a pipe!!! This was something that should not have been in the 2nd loop novice/ami ride. Nor was it a friendly hill for a 59 yr old on a to talled-geared 250 2-stroke! UMC should have had help @ the hil or at least an OXYGEN BOTTLE!!!! /;/
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #40 : January 16, 2012, 03:02:20 pm »

Donn nailed it! "STUPID UPHILL" I saw no way around w/o a DNF! If you weren't an accompliished rider and carried some momentum approching the hill while bouncing off of rocks in silt, it took 10 minute to do the worst 10 ft of shale face (almost vertical) part of the hill while leaving 10 mi of rubber on the rock face. Or, do like Todd and Gumby and help each other push and pull. Lee's idea of grab a hand full and ghost ride the bike and hope it made it over was another option as long as you didn't break a lever or smash a pipe!!! This was something that should not have been in the 2nd loop novice/ami ride. Nor was it a friendly hill for a 59 yr old on a to talled-geared 250 2-stroke! UMC should have had help @ the hil or at least an OXYGEN BOTTLE!!!! /;/

Glad it just wasn't me.

I want to go back to just one loop on enduros like desert races!
highwayman1
Viewfinder

: 30

« #41 : January 16, 2012, 04:31:39 pm »

Yeah....that hill was a real Bee-eye-tee-cee-ach....It was the last thing I wanted to see as I was pretty much wiped out physically.  I got a couple of spare pipes....so I just let the old KX fly....thank God it just came to rest up the hill and decided NOT to go the other way!... Donn, sorry to hear you had troubles on the way home....if anyone ever has trouble on the way home and needs to temporarily store a toy hauler ect. gimme a call, I have plenty of room in Crappy Valley!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #42 : January 17, 2012, 02:44:33 pm »

...if anyone ever has trouble on the way home and needs to temporarily store a toy hauler ect. gimme a call, I have plenty of room in Crappy Valley!

Thanks Lee, didn't even think about you guys being so close, would have been a good choice. Hell would have called you to come hang out and have some coffee while I waited for two hours for the tow truck.
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #43 : January 17, 2012, 03:35:46 pm »

...if anyone ever has trouble on the way home and needs to temporarily store a toy hauler ect. gimme a call, I have plenty of room in Crappy Valley!

Thanks Lee, didn't even think about you guys being so close, would have been a good choice. Hell would have called you to come hang out and have some coffee while I waited for two hours for the tow truck.
My bet his Mangina probably would have had trouble getting off the couch!!! Pot He owes Toad and Gumby one for leaving him on his own @ the Stupid Hill!!! Young KIDS have NO RESPECT for their ELDERS!!! :-(~
Cchollister
Viewfinder

: 233

« #44 : January 17, 2012, 06:30:28 pm »

Would have been fun to hang out but sounds like we picked the right race to miss.
: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
: