Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:02:59 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  last ditch effort for Daphne
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: last ditch effort for Daphne  ( 642 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : January 06, 2012, 09:09:21 am »

At the meeting last night we found out a San Diego representative is going to make it his personal mission to get Daphne reinstated. Please take a minute to write him in support of Daphne.

On January 5, 2012 Scott Hillier wrote:
"Fellow off-road enthusiaists please spread the word out to everyone we know to go onto Senator Anderson's website and write letters to Governer Brown. Joel has promised to carry the letters personnally to the governer's office with the press in tow. BUT HURRY WE NEED THE LETTERS BY THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK!"

On January 5, 2012 Ed Sprecco, District Director, Office of Senator Joel Anderson wrote:

"Hi Scott,
Thank you for your call requesting information about the status of Daphne Greene?s appointment. I also appreciate your request for information on how concerned citizens can voice their opinion on this matter. We?re always happy to help you.
On January 1st, 2012, Daphne Green was terminated from her position as OHMVR Deputy Director by Governor Brown. Daphne Green has played a very important role in providing California?s OHV enthusiasts the freedom to use their off road vehicles, while also complying with state rules and regulations. Throughout her seven years of service, she has effectively balanced the interests of the OHV community, as well as environmentalists. She is exactly the type of fair and balanced public servant we need in this state.
As you know, State Senator Joel Anderson of Senate District 36 is a long-time advocate for keeping public lands open for the public to use. He is deeply concerned that if Daphne Greene?s termination has harmful implications for the OHV commission. That is why he sent the attached letter to Governor Brown at the end of December.
I know many off-roaders are outraged about Daphne Greene?s termination as well.  Citizens that wish to make their voices heard on this issue, should send letters to Senator Anderson?s district office at:
Senator.Anderson@senate.ca.gov

or

State Senator Joel Anderson
500 Fesler Street, Suite 201
El Cajon, CA 92020

You can also express your concern by going to Senator Joel Anderson?s website at http://cssrc.us/web/36/ and selecting ?Contact Me?, then ?Email Me? and selecting ?Support of Daphne Greene? from the select an issue dropdown menu.
Thank you for your time and concern and please call me with any questions."
Edward Sprecco
District Director
Office of State Senator Joel Anderson
www.senate.ca.gov/Anderson
(619) 596-3136
: [1]  
« previous next »
: