Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:57:41 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  A message from the President
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: A message from the President  ( 958 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : January 09, 2012, 10:20:25 am »

A message from Jerry Grabow to pass along to your club members:

First, I would like to thank the Jackrabbits for a job well done.  The starts, finishes and pits this weekend were awesome!  It was clear that this club read what was in the SRP and followed it up on the ground.  The riders meetings were some of the best and the ribbon at the start areas keeping spectators back was great.  Your hard work everywhere showed.  Keith, Kelly and crew hit a home run.

The riders of District 37 were also awesome.  Everyone attended the riders meetings without an issue.  Pit speeds were good as were speeds around the pit area and on Power Line Road and Teagle Wash. 

I?m aware of only one issue with spectators being too close to the course and BLM handled the situation.  When I walked over to the group they had already moved back or left the area. 

There was an issue with a few riders digging their rear tires into the ground to hold their bikes up on the start line, but when I explained to them "why" we aren?t supposed to do that, not one of them complained. 

District 37 is working very hard to get the "cost" to the clubs down and actions like this weekend will go a long way in reaching our goal.  As stated at our January 5, 2012 Off-Road meeting, we hope to be able to lower the SRP surcharge portion of race entry fees sometime around March or April.  I don't think the surcharge will go away entirely, but with weekends like this where our ridership and our clubs do what is spelled out in the SRP operating plan, the BLM can be assured that our events will be safe and that we will follow the "rules.? 

Thanks again to everyone.  What a great weekend -- and I didn't even take a bike!

Jerry

Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #1 : January 09, 2012, 11:56:29 am »

GLAD everything went well, and hope all the clubs can make the effort to make sure they follow the SRP.
We don't have a choice in the matter !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #2 : January 09, 2012, 06:16:55 pm »

NO COMMENT
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : January 10, 2012, 07:53:47 am »

NO COMMENT

I know Jim, it's a PITA for some of the new rules. But rules are rules like them or not. We've had to adopt many new rules over the years, just not so many all at once. Things like 3 vs. 5 row starts, adding quads, 15 mph in the pits.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #4 : January 10, 2012, 08:33:43 pm »

NO COMMENT

Look at the good side, they will still allow Betas an entry !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: