Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:09:39 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Badgers Dual Euro Scrambles Review
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Badgers Dual Euro Scrambles Review  ( 2219 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« : May 13, 2012, 09:31:33 pm »

Well we had a great turnout this weekend. Racers were Jason Shalow, Salt Speakman, Gracie Speakman, Brian "Sandy" McKenzie, Jason Piper, Sean Orr, Steven Vachon, Rick Hudacek, Johnathan "Gumby" Gamaunt, Keith Jones, Sage, Guest Leroy Robinson and myself. Other members present were Julian Gamaunt, Betty Vachon, Pete Medina, Bob Johnson, Marc (Sage's dad) and Staci Cory. Other guests present were Dusty Treishman  (hudy's GF) and Jason Treishman (Dusty's son) (Anyone else I left out please let me know) So as you can see, we had a large crowd and one of the biggest club camps from what I saw.

Well I woke up Saturday morning and realized I didn't grab my riding pants from the Laundry room. Keith just happen to have the exact same pair of paints and lent me his spare pair. Hudy walked over and also forgot his body armor and Keith pulled a vest out from behind his seat. I believe he also gave our newest member Gracie a jersey to were also. Thanks Keith for helping us out this weekend!  ;)

Saturday I was on course B with Jason Piper, Steve and Hudy. I got a really bad start and was the last Viewie to the bomb. The first lap was very dusty but I  slowly picked my way through the guys and ended up 6th overall I believe. Jason Piper overalled the race by a good amount and when he came in, they didn't realize at first he was the leader and the race was over. I am not sure exactly where Steve and Hudy placed but I believe it was around mid pack or slightly better. The course was fast but pretty fun overall I thought. The Badgers did a great job of finding a course that wasn't full of whoops in Red Mountain. It wasn't real challenging but it was a Dual Euro so it was a good course for this. It was just under 30 miles total and it the warmer weather, was just about right for me.

Sunday the same group of us were on the A course. This time I got a one kick start but got buried in the dust and dropped back pretty fast. Not to far after the bomb, I happened to jump on a trial on the right and past a good amount of the riders in the conga line that was the main trail. I got by Steve around a 3rd of the way in on the 1st lap. This course was a little more technical and had more hills and rocky sections. At about the 1/2 way point of the first lap, I past a guy and then almost went down in a turn. I looked down and saw I had a front flat. I just cruised from that point on figuring I would just get back to home check and call it quits. Only one guy passed me so I thought, what the heck, I'll go another lap. I ended up finishing out the race and got 10th overall and only had another two guys pass me on the 2nd and 3rd loops. I really liked this course and was bummed I had to ride most of the race on a flat.  Oh did I mention that Jason Piper overalled the race again! Great job Jason on overalling both days! Steve came in 2 spots behind me and Hudy was a few more back behind him. Great job everyone! Again Badgers did a great job of finding a fun course that wasn't full of whoops.

As far as the other races, I am not sure how everyone did but I know that Gumby got first in class both days and Sage got first on Saturday but I didn't hear how he did on Sunday. I believe I heard Sean got a first too. Unfortunately Sandy didn't have a great weekend. Shortly after the bomb on Sunday, he got T-Boned by a Checker and his new 500 isn't so new anymore. His subframe got pretty tweaked and I am not sure what all is wrong with it. Really sorry about this Sandy but at least you weren't hurt.

Overall a good weekend with lots of good and fun racing. Thank you to everyone that came out!

And now for the rest of you to give your race reviews for the weekend...

The weather was warm but not unbearable.
« : May 13, 2012, 09:38:07 pm Chris Cory - President »

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #1 : May 13, 2012, 10:43:20 pm »

Sage was doing well until bike problems took Him out, But he was able to make it to home check and did 2 loops, so He will get a finish.
Jason S blew up His bike and we got a rescue party together and went over and got Him and His Bike.  Julian was already there with Him.
We had a good turnout and some good finishes !!
J R was there and I ran into Him many times at the finish line, GOOD seeing Him out there.

THE WEATHER WAS BEARABLE ??, The inside of My T H was still 98* when I got home  :o

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« #2 : May 14, 2012, 12:49:50 pm »

A great weekend of racing with a HUGE Viewie turnout!!!! Like Chris said, we had one of the largest camps! 

Jason Piper dominated the Senior race this weekend.  To get an idea of how he did, he doesnt need to change his air filter and he had the same tear-offs on all weekend (I think they are still on his goggles)!  He overalled both days by several minutes.   _.._

I had a less than stellar day on Saturday, and rode super tight until I got some pretty good arm pump.  Sunday was much better and I was able to flow and had my best race ever on my 250.  I have come to realize that folks have trouble in the technical sections (they were not real rocky or technical this weekend). Thanks to Sandy and all the pain and misery he has put me through, I was able to really flow through them. 

As soon as I stopped at the finish, the heat really got to me.  When I got home it really hit me hard, I started getting a little nauseous, and started to cramp up.  Feeling a touch less than stellar at the moment, but still stoked about a great weekend of racing and hanging out with the Viewies!

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Administrator

« #3 : May 14, 2012, 03:32:37 pm »

Hey Hudy, here is some video of you. Troy was following you up till around the 5:30 minute mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9DIYoZp00k
« : May 14, 2012, 03:48:32 pm Chris Cory - President »

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #4 : May 14, 2012, 03:59:00 pm »

A great weekend of racing with a HUGE Viewie turnout!!!! Like Chris said, we had one of the largest camps!  

Jason Piper dominated the Senior race this weekend.  To get an idea of how he did, he doesnt need to change his air filter and he had the same tear-offs on all weekend (I think they are still on his goggles)!  He overalled both days by several minutes.   _.._

I had a less than stellar day on Saturday, and rode super tight until I got some pretty good arm pump.  Sunday was much better and I was able to flow and had my best race ever on my 250.  I have come to realize that folks have trouble in the technical sections (they were not real rocky or technical this weekend). Thanks to Sandy and all the pain and misery he has put me through, I was able to really flow through them.  

As soon as I stopped at the finish, the heat really got to me.  When I got home it really hit me hard, I started getting a little nauseous, and started to cramp up.  Feeling a touch less than stellar at the moment, but still stoked about a great weekend of racing and hanging out with the Viewies!   

Thats EXACTLY why I did not ride
I felt pretty Krappy most of the way home from being out in the heat all day, and most of that was in the Rhino with shade !!
I would have loved to ride Badgers and RUTS, since they are usually a fun ride without a lot of technical stuff, but the temps are a limiting factor for Me.   /;/

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #5 : May 15, 2012, 04:27:37 pm »

Just thought I would give credit to Gracie

I heard on the radio that Jason was broken down at the course "B" road crossing and went back to camp to round up some help to go get Him.
I asked Her if anyone else was in camp and of course everyone was either racing or out on the courses watching.
She asked if I needed any help, and I greatly appreciate the offer.

THANKS

We soon had a rescue party together and retrieved Jason and His bike.    _.._   _.._   _.._
« : May 16, 2012, 10:15:25 am Bob Johnson - D37 Rep »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Jason Schalow
Viewfinder

: 62

« #6 : May 16, 2012, 06:19:34 pm »

Yes, thanks everyone for the help....took a branch to the radiator on Saturdays race and didn't realize it until the race was over.  Fixed the radiator with lots of help but I believe the damage was already done.  Made the 3rd loop Sunday but fell short of the finish line by a couple of miles when the top end seized.  Got back to camp after being rescued and decided the green machine had enough and sold it there on the spot.  Now the search is on for another bike although I do have my eye on one.

Thanks again everyone for the help _.._
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« #7 : May 16, 2012, 07:37:47 pm »

2 day Overall winners were:

Gumby
Jason Piper
Steve Vaschon
Leroy Robinson (guest)
Sean Orr

Sage did get 1st place on Saturday too, too bad his linkage went out or I am sure he would had it also.

Awesome job by the Viewfinders and our guests!!

I woulda had the overall, but a pie plater got me (well he got the rest of the class by 10 minutes each day), 2 years in a row!!!  :'(

« : May 16, 2012, 09:20:16 pm Rick Hudachek »

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Administrator

« #8 : May 16, 2012, 08:32:32 pm »

Here are our full results

Saturday
251+cc 40+ SEN HWT Expert
Brian Mackenzie - 4th
0-250cc 50+ MAG LWT Expert
Keith Jones - 11th
86-200cc LWT-II Intermediate
John Gamaunt - 1st
0-250cc 30+ VET LWT Intermediate
Jason Schalow - 4th
251+cc 40+ SEN HWT Intermediate
Jason Piper - 1st
Chris Cory - 6th
201-250cc LWT-I Novice
Sage Vincent - 1st
0-250cc 30+ VET LWT Novice
Leroy Robinson - 3rd
251+cc 40+ SEN HWT Novice
Steven Vachon - 1st
0-250cc 40+ SEN LWT Novice
Rick Hudachek - 4th
0-250cc 50+ MAG LWT Novice
John Speakman - 2nd
Women Novice
Graccie Speakman - 5th
251+cc 40+ SEN HWT Beginner
Sean Orr - 1st

Sunday
251+cc 40+ SEN HWT Expert
Brian Mackenzie - DNF Hit by Checker! :-(
0-250cc 50+ MAG LWT Expert
Keith Jones - 9th
86-200cc LWT-II Intermediate
John Gamaunt - 1st
0-250cc 30+ VET LWT Intermediate
Jason Schalow - 5th Broke
251+cc 40+ SEN HWT Intermediate
Jason Piper - 1st
Chris Cory - 7th
251cc+ 50+ MAG HWT Intermediate
Pete Medina - 7th
201-250cc LWT-I Novice
Sage Vincent - 9th Broke
0-250cc 30+ VET LWT Novice
Leroy Robinson - 1st
251+cc 40+ SEN HWT Novice
Steven Vachon - 1st
0-250cc 40+ SEN LWT Novice
Rick Hudachek - 3rd
0-250cc 50+ MAG LWT Novice
John Speakman - 2nd
Women Novice
Graccie Speakman - 5th
251+cc 40+ SEN HWT Beginner
Sean Orr - 1st

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #9 : May 16, 2012, 08:33:29 pm »

Yes, thanks everyone for the help....took a branch to the radiator on Saturdays race and didn't realize it until the race was over.  Fixed the radiator with lots of help but I believe the damage was already done.  Made the 3rd loop Sunday but fell short of the finish line by a couple of miles when the top end seized.  Got back to camp after being rescued and decided the green machine had enough and sold it there on the spot.  Now the search is on for another bike although I do have my eye on one.

Thanks again everyone for the help _.._

NO PROBLEM !!

I actually had a good time finding a trail over there, We took the "easy way" back  ;D

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #10 : May 16, 2012, 08:36:27 pm »

2 day Overall winners were:

Gumby
Jason Piper
Leroy Robinson (guest)
Sean Orr

Sage did get 1st place on Saturday too, too bad his linkage went out or I am sure he would had it also.

Awesome job by the Viewfinders and our guests!!

I woulda had the overall, but a pie plater got me (well he got the rest of the class by 10 minutes each day), 2 years in a row!!!  :'(

He was in 2nd and gaining last time I saw Him, too bad things broke.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
jpiper
Viewfinder

: 63

« #11 : May 17, 2012, 09:16:34 am »

hey aaron how do I get in touch with you for the jerseys and other stuff

D-37 0109
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #12 : May 17, 2012, 09:18:50 am »

hey aaron how do I get in touch with you for the jerseys and other stuff

Aprice415@gmail.com

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
: [1]  
« previous next »
: