Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:57:43 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Dogs learned to swim
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Dogs learned to swim  ( 1580 )
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« : June 06, 2012, 05:02:42 pm »

Dez, NOT too sure about going any deeper !!

Ryder goes for it, actually sunk for a second before He decided He could swim.

There were 2 other Labs in camp who went swimming as well.
« : June 06, 2012, 05:10:28 pm Bob Johnson - D37 Rep »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #1 : June 06, 2012, 06:16:36 pm »

A day at the lake there is not anything much better then that to kick it.

CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #2 : June 06, 2012, 06:32:57 pm »

A day at the lake there is not anything much better then that to kick it.

CB

YUP
NO Bikes
NO Rhino
NO worries

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : June 07, 2012, 07:56:47 am »

Funny story. We had a yellow lab, a lot like Dez but a male. He would jump in the water and try to swim with the other dogs at the lake but couldn't get the hang of it, was trying to walk on the water rather than dog paddle. Then one day our friend grabbed his tail and yanked his hind end up, forcing his front legs down. He took off like a rocket and was a swimming fool to the day he died. Could not keep him out of mom & dad's pool either.

Now go get a Chuk-it and a bunch of tennis balls and give them a work out.

Labs, lakes, beer, lawn chair, great prescription for some R&R.

What lake is that?
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #4 : June 07, 2012, 09:24:46 am »

Grant lake @ June Loop, We stayed at Silver Lake Resort near by.
Kinda "close knit" camping to say the least, but we did not spend too much time in camp. A good hint on how close you are to your neighbor, You drop your rig in the street and they use a forklift to park your trailer since the road/spaces are so narrow !!
We have a "Chuk-it" and some extra balls, but not knowing how they would react to the water, I had a 60' leash (two 30 footers) on them, so I just used a toy I could toss a little farther each time. Funny you mention chairs and beers, they were in the truck about 1/2 mile away since I threw the toy too far and had to wait for it to float back to shore quite a distance away.
Great weekend, but 7 hours each way (325 miles), with breaks for Mom and the "Kids"

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #5 : June 07, 2012, 12:17:16 pm »

It is a drive for sure. We're heading up to Brown's on the Owens 6.30 thru 7.4. Taking the fishing poles and DS bikes. Anyone want to hook up for some ridin' and fishin' let me know.
Todd Iles
Viewfinder

: 85

« #6 : June 07, 2012, 01:35:18 pm »

Hey Donn,
We go up to Rock Creek for the 4th every year, might try a different camp ground but always go down to the Owens for at least a day.  Just south of Browns is where we fish and usually Rhino there from Toms place.  I'll give you a heads up when I know the dates, we were talking about the 29th through the 5th or 6th.  Great fireworks show right there on Crawley if you can stay for it.
Todd Iles
Viewfinder

: 85

« #7 : June 07, 2012, 01:36:24 pm »

Oops.....I believe it's Crowley...
Neil.P
Viewfinder

: 22

« #8 : June 08, 2012, 09:19:29 am »

It is a drive for sure. We're heading up to Brown's on the Owens 6.30 thru 7.4. Taking the fishing poles and DS bikes. Anyone want to hook up for some ridin' and fishin' let me know.

Be more than happy to show you guys some decent single track between June, Mammoth and beyond  ;)
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #9 : June 12, 2012, 12:41:45 pm »

Be more than happy to show you guys some decent single track between June, Mammoth and beyond  ;)

That would be great Neil. Last time couldn't find much, mostly fire roads. Not sure who all is coming with bikes, will keep you posted, you too Todd. Definitely coming home 7/4, gotta be in the office 7/5.

How ' bout Mammoth MX? I understand it's running while we're there and we have a few new Viewies with the "inside track"? Thought about making it over there on our DS bikes to watch some racing, never been before.
Neil.P
Viewfinder

: 22

« #10 : June 12, 2012, 01:54:13 pm »

That would be great Neil. Last time couldn't find much, mostly fire roads. Not sure who all is coming with bikes, will keep you posted, you too Todd. Definitely coming home 7/4, gotta be in the office 7/5.

How ' bout Mammoth MX? I understand it's running while we're there and we have a few new Viewies with the "inside track"? Thought about making it over there on our DS bikes to watch some racing, never been before.

Yep, Piper runs operations for Mammoth Moto, and i'll be back and forth from the event also.  Well worth checking out.  I'm sure one of us can get your entry waived.

Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #11 : June 12, 2012, 02:25:52 pm »

Wish I still had the tracks or roll charts from the Mammoth 250 a few years ago, was alot of fun and even My sorry riding skills were good enough.
The first days lunch stop was at Browns. Little pavement and some nice trails near Glass Mountain.
We missed day 2 because of bike problems and My other 2 buddies ended up creating their own route in order to get in more single track.
Good Luck

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #12 : June 13, 2012, 02:57:12 pm »

Thanks Neil, we'll talk more in the next week or so once I see who is going and such.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: