Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:35:56 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Mike Jenkins
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Mike Jenkins  ( 1929 )
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« : October 01, 2012, 10:14:17 am »

Interesting E-Mail on Saturday from Mike, He sent it to me thinking I might be an old friend of His, wrong Bob Johnson.
He raced back in the 70's as well and knew some of the Viewfinders. Anyone remember Him ??
His did mention Lou Ortoli (sp) and some others. He also mentioned He was 74 Years old.
I know some of the old timers don't get on this board, so it might not help Him find some of His old friends.
I guess He had some health problems over the years, but wants to make it out this weekend. I am not sure if He is looking to race or just visit.
I accidently deleted the E-mails so I don't have an address, Sorry  :-[
If You read this Mike, send me another E-mail and I will save the addy.
I believe He can post on the public board without being a member ?? Or does He have to register ??
Nice to hear from Him regardless wheather I knew Him or not.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #1 : October 01, 2012, 11:48:48 am »

Hope he makes it out this weekend. He can only view the public board not post in it until he registers.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #2 : October 01, 2012, 12:21:17 pm »

Hope he makes it out this weekend. He can only view the public board not post in it until he registers.
Thanks,
I hope I can make contact with Him again.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #3 : October 01, 2012, 04:16:08 pm »

I figured out how to get it outta the trash  :-[

"Hello Bob My Name is Mike Jenkins do you remember me I quit racing the desert in
or at the Barstow to vegas race when a Very close friend Larry Fitzenrouter (Spelling)
might be off a bit. Imthinking about coming out to the GranPrx in Oct. Do you think
there will be anyone who will remember me, I had a  Bypass Heart operation 2 years
ago and now Prostate cancer. Guess I need to get back out and remember the GOOD
old days. Im now living in Victorville in the desert so it not a long drive.
well perhaps I will see you soon.   OH I still have my old T Shirt from 74 Barstow to Vegas in storage I will see how it fits.             Mike Jenkins"

Second E-mail

"Thanks Bob I was sure I remember a Bob Johnson I will be 74 next month some
of the young guys were A C Backon, Mark & Forrest Wright, I was more in with
Ronnie Rondell & Roy Harrison the StuntsUnlimted people, How about" Brecker"
and his sons or Lou Ortely (Spelling). Anyway which day would be best SAT for
Legends/masters or Sunday for the Vets 30+ Thanks for any info Mike J."

His E-mail is

ONESPEEDMIKE@AOL.com

« : October 01, 2012, 04:31:41 pm Bob Johnson - D37 Rep »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #4 : October 01, 2012, 05:16:54 pm »

Thanks Bob, I will email him.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #5 : October 01, 2012, 05:25:55 pm »

Third E mail

"Thanks Bob: I will be 74 in Nov Even the young kids I remember have to be in their
60s now.......I left Bikes and went to Off Shore boat racing then to a Boat company
Called SCARAB and helped build a lot of Boats and worked in Movies and TV shows
with the Power Boats untill 2009 when I had my Heart attack and Bypass, I have
Something called PUMP HEAD its when your on the Heart Pump To long, My
Cardio Team said I should Find Anything that will work my mind like Old memories
I started tracking My family history which has worked so now ai guess I will try
to bring back some of the painfull parts like broken bones  Mike Jenkins "

I did tell Him about the message board and Facebook page.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #6 : October 02, 2012, 07:26:37 am »

VERY COOL Bob. Thanks for engaging an old member. Sounds like he was a member back when it as "industry only".
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #7 : October 02, 2012, 10:28:18 am »

VERY COOL Bob. Thanks for engaging an old member. Sounds like he was a member back when it as "industry only".

Pure accident !!
Wrong Bob Johnson,
but I could not let his E-mails go unanswered and Mike sounds like he may still have some friends in the club.
It would be cool if they could meet again.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #8 : October 02, 2012, 11:41:04 am »

Hey Bob - you could let Mr. Jenkins know that Don Dahlquist and Neal Johnson come out to the GP's sometimes.  Last time I was there, Neal came, but Don was not able to make it.  You would have to check with Keith to see if he was there last year.  Both are really nice guys and should remember Mr. Jenkins.  Don was an original founding member (I believe).

Kandy Thornton
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #9 : October 02, 2012, 12:21:19 pm »

Hey Bob - you could let Mr. Jenkins know that Don Dahlquist and Neal Johnson come out to the GP's sometimes.  Last time I was there, Neal came, but Don was not able to make it.  You would have to check with Keith to see if he was there last year.  Both are really nice guys and should remember Mr. Jenkins.  Don was an original founding member (I believe).

I will let Him know,
THANKS

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #10 : October 02, 2012, 02:35:26 pm »

Sent another E-mail with the names in it, thinking Neil Johnson might be the Johnson He is thinking of ??

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #11 : October 02, 2012, 03:31:55 pm »

I beleive he is refering to wrong way Bob Johnson a real character. Bob probably still comes out but doesn't always come around camp he camps by himself. He came out a couple of times a few years ago. Neil Johnson was out there last year as well as every year we have been in Ridgecrest.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #12 : October 02, 2012, 04:05:21 pm »

I beleive he is refering to wrong way Bob Johnson a real character. Bob probably still comes out but doesn't always come around camp he camps by himself. He came out a couple of times a few years ago. Neil Johnson was out there last year as well as every year we have been in Ridgecrest.

Thanks John

Mike wants to come out, just not sure when yet.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #13 : October 02, 2012, 04:52:52 pm »

Just got another message from Mike, looks like he won't make it, I won't go into the details, but I understand.
I was hoping he could come out and meet some of the newer members and bench race, but not likely going to happen.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #14 : October 08, 2012, 08:59:07 pm »

Correction that was WrongWay Bob Harris not Johnson. Did not see any old Viewies besides Da Blur, and Keith Jones.
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: