Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:05:17 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Stupid Scammers
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Stupid Scammers  ( 561 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« : April 16, 2014, 05:33:20 pm »

I am sure none of you would fall for this but I got a couple calls today.

I get a call and the guy with an Indian accent says he is with Microsoft and there systems report that I am register and that I am using windows and that my PC has been hacked. He does his script for a little bit and continues to tell me I have been hacked and he will walk me though how to fix my PC. I tell him I don't use Windows and that I have a Macintosh. Of course I am setting in front of 3 PC's all running windows.  ;D He continues to tell me that I have been hacked by the hackers. I tell him, wait you said you were with Microsoft and that I am running windows. He gets quit and then repeats that I have been hacked by the hackers. I laugh and play with him a little more. He gets flustered but just keeps repeating that I have been hacked by the hackers and asks if I am setting in front of my PC. I tell him again that he isn't making any sense and that I only use a Macintosh. I finally hang up on him laughing.

About 10 minutes later, I get a call. The guy says with an Indian accent, hello, I am calling from Macintosh. I laugh at the guy and tell him they are pathetic and hang up.

This is an old scam so if someone calls with something along these lines, don't fall for it.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
: [1]  
« previous next »
: