Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:29:56 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Anyone riding this weekend 12/13/12/14?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Anyone riding this weekend 12/13/12/14?  ( 1987 )
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« : December 09, 2014, 07:24:41 am »

It should be a great day to ride on Sunday, I'm trying to rap up a dirt bike thing on the 300 this weekend. It is up in the air and unsure if it will happen. I'm looking to ride and thinking about tight and twist's possible riding stuff above town.
Anyone interested, anyone riding?

CB

« : December 09, 2014, 08:04:57 pm Charlie & Darlene Barney - GP Rep »

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
pete medina
Reps

: 165

« #1 : December 09, 2014, 09:57:18 am »

I want to go ride, if I won"t be too much of an ancre for you, any other old slow guy riding this weekend? Pete
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #2 : December 09, 2014, 03:37:30 pm »

Kyle and I want to ride one day this weekend. He just got an early Xmas present, 3.2 IMS for the Kaw. My bike is clean and ready to get dirty.

Which day?
Global Moderator

« #3 : December 09, 2014, 08:03:35 pm »

Sunday should be good the weather man rain Friday and Saturday so Sunday should off the hook.  We can ride from here glue dirt!!!!
CB

CB
Global Moderator

« #4 : December 10, 2014, 07:24:10 am »

I spoke with Donn we are looking at a desert ride from my place out around El Mirage with some exploring of trail so far everyone that has responded has a DS bike getting fuel in Lake LA no big deal. We are looking at Sunday 9:00am at the Barney homestead.  Mileage is to be determined. Anyone  else interested ????
It should be very good, can you say lets ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CB

CB
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #5 : December 12, 2014, 12:51:07 pm »

REALLY looking forward to some seat time therapy. Been far too long. See y'all Sunday morning!
Global Moderator

« #6 : December 13, 2014, 06:04:21 pm »

I rode today Saturday the conditions are off the hook!!!! I was at Bean Cyn. Thirty eight miles of high quality glue dirt there was 11 of us and it was one big moto, flat sand washes and monster hills. Outstanding time. Did anyone else ride today?  Tomorrow Sunday more glue dirt what are you boys doing?? I know you all are dirt bikers. Time to moto!!!!!!
Do you bleed golden rod?

CB

CB
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« #7 : December 13, 2014, 10:52:31 pm »

Charlie, Robert and I were at Bean also.  I think we saw your group.  We were up higher and saw a large group below us.  Conditions were epic.
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

« #8 : December 13, 2014, 11:03:38 pm »

Today was amazing.  And I was blown away at how many tire tracks were already there before us. 
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #9 : December 15, 2014, 07:19:27 am »

Yesterday's ride was about as close to perfect as you can get. Conditions were stellar, a bit chilly when on the pavement or fast fire roads but perfect beyond that. CB, Pete, Kyle, CB friend Brad and myself did 112 miles from Barneyland. Down the mountain into Littlerock, then across to Lake L.A. for gas via some stupid fast sandwarshes (CB speak). Then out around El Mirage and playing in the hills northwest of the lakebed. Some fantastic single track was found and we remarked how it was like riding/racing back in the 70's. Most were designated trails too. We need to get a camping trip out this way and explore more, too much fun. Decided to high tail it back at about 2:00 or so, mostly same trails and uneventful until about 5 miles from Barneyland when Kyle ran out of talent and wadded up going over the high side at about 50. Made it back via roads but afraid he might have reinjured his shoulder. My repaired knee kept me from enjoying thngs as much as I should have but all in all a GREAT day to ride dirtbikes.

Thanks Charlie, great trail selection all day and such stellar conditions.
Global Moderator

« #10 : December 15, 2014, 07:56:54 am »

This weekend was epic to say the least. Nice photos Dave I'm glad you and Robert was able to ride. As Donn said Sunday was great and the trails northwest of El Mirage where what desert racing as all about back in the day. We need to fined a location to camp and explore the area more. If you did not ride you missed out on one of the best weekends in some time.
What did you do this weekend?? Were did you ride??

CB

CB
Neil.P
Viewfinder

: 22

« #11 : December 15, 2014, 02:12:05 pm »

The rare occasion of wet dirt in the foothills of the White Mountains!

No complaints from me.

Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #12 : December 15, 2014, 02:23:40 pm »

Glad so many got in some seat time. I know it was great therapy for Kyle and I.

THIS is why we ride dirt bikes!
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

« #13 : December 15, 2014, 02:42:46 pm »

I ride that area on the north of Shadow Mtn Rd (north of El Mirage) with Darrell Moore a lot (Hi Vista generically).  From there all the way to the Edwards fence line, East to 395, across 395 then north to Kramer Junction or south back to the trucks.   Lots of great non-whooped trails.  There is a little or never used official staging area at about 240st east and ave G.  I'll have to check it on goggle.  We ride past it and have never seen a vehicle there.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #14 : December 16, 2014, 07:45:33 am »

I ride that area on the north of Shadow Mtn Rd (north of El Mirage) with Darrell Moore a lot (Hi Vista generically).  From there all the way to the Edwards fence line, East to 395, across 395 then north to Kramer Junction or south back to the trucks.   Lots of great non-whooped trails.  There is a little or never used official staging area at about 240st east and ave G.  I'll have to check it on goggle.  We ride past it and have never seen a vehicle there.

I remember staging/racing out around 240th and C in the 70's. Used to run some euros out there during the summer. Brian Matthews broke his collar bone there.

My grandparents lived on 188th and J and that's where I learned to ride desert. If we had more time we could have ridden by the old house but I'm sure its pretty trashed, was last time I saw it, very sad. We crossed J just east of the old Ponderosa Ranch, went around the west side of the hill with the water tank that the Sand Sailors used in their course.
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: