Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:49:05 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Great weekend
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Great weekend  ( 1605 )
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« : January 11, 2015, 09:13:22 pm »

Charlie treated us to great play ride Saturday.  Thanks for putting that together Mr. Barney.  Sunday race was rain, which made for an epic loop.  Wouldn't have been so much fun if it was cold, but as it was it was really fun.
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

« #1 : January 12, 2015, 06:20:50 am »

For those that weren't there, here is what mother nature gave us for Jackrabbits.  Pretty incredible cuz it happens so seldom.  And I discovered that that talc dirt that put up horrible dust when you ride thru it turns into horrible mud when you dump a couple inches of water on it. 
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #2 : January 12, 2015, 07:35:58 pm »

What a great weekend. Riding with club and friends was a blast. The destination was very interesting. Super cross on the huge screen with sound typical Viefinders. I do have some constructive criticism. 1.Some members didn't listen to the rider instructions about putting your preferred beverage (7up) in the silver ice chest and considered it a community ice chest. 2. Moving the time for the meeting is one thing but moving the location to ones trailer is rude a person didn't even have time to tidy up plus I believe the max capacity is 12 people we easily had 50. If BLM or the fire marshal showed up someone would have received a hefty fine and possible arrest. 3. There was too much firewood it was too warm near the fire. 4. We need more racers. Thanks to all who had a hand in this event. Pete, Dee, Pete's lady friend, and I think Charlie Barney had a small roll also. My friends from work were very impressed. "That old guy is fast as @#$@" I will work on reeling them in. One of the guys was going to bring his son but the boy need an attitude adjustment at the last minute and was left home so hopefully he will come to a couple races. Great Fun as always. How did everyone do at the race? Report please?
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

« #3 : January 13, 2015, 06:46:10 am »

That was all good stuff Big Daddy.  Couple of points.....ice chests are community property unless (a) they are padlocked, or (b) beverages have a name written on each container, or (c) do a better job of not letting said beverage owner see you drinking his refreshing lemon lime soda : )  Race was awesome.  Rained the whole time...I only had to do one loop (they don't want any old guys dying out there on the 2nd loop).  We went down a swift running stream that I swear had white caps.  Course was well marked and no wind allowed all the arrows etc to stay put.  We had I think 9 racers on the board.  All finished ok with the exception of a guest 125 rider (not sure the name) out of gas on the 2nd loop and Gary's daughter dnf'ed shortly into the 2nd loop but rode back to camp ok.  Nils when get the 125 guy and his bike seized so Charlie and Russ went out and rescued both of them.  All in all a great weekend.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #4 : January 13, 2015, 07:21:30 am »

too much fun!
pete medina
Reps

: 165

« #5 : January 13, 2015, 07:52:39 am »

The ride saturday was really fun, a total of 21 riders, first time I rode with that many guys, and all went well, I think the promise of the   grilled hot dogs kept everybody going strong. Supercross saturday around the fire was awsome, thanks Don & Kyle, Sundays race had at least 30 miles of goopie,muddie,snot to ride thrue, I am not very good in mud and water, our out of gas rider, was no other then Mongo who is no longer a ghest but a full member on his own merrits, great job by our new Pres. and the Jackrabbits race was fun, and well layed out. Pete
Todd Iles
Viewfinder

: 85

« #6 : January 13, 2015, 12:51:25 pm »

We had an awesome time!!  Great ride Saturday, never beeen to the tunnel or Bickel camp in 23+ years of racing! Thanks for bringing out lunch and of course the afore mentioned beverages (I brought my own cooler instead of a gas can....who needs gas??)  I think the destination rides are a great idea to bring out the retired (or just tired) racers and just have fun.  Great Job and thank you Charlie, Pete, Russ & Deanne, and everyone else involved.  Supercross by the camp fire in the Desert???!!....Better than Club seats at the stadium in my opinion!  That was awesome, thanks Donn, Kyle, Hudy and whoever else brought that to us.
Thanks Big Daddy GR for the warm, DRY, place to sleep!  Thanks Johann for giving up your spot, you da man!!
After some peer pressure from our esteemed President and others,I  signed Steven up at the last minute and set him loose.  He got to experience lots of water, mud, water, a flat tire, mud, a trip over the bars and came in smiling.  Ended up 1st 125 and 3rd beginner overall, I think he's hooked!!  Hope to see you all alot more this year.  Thanks!

Todd Iles
Viewfinder

: 85

« #7 : January 13, 2015, 12:54:44 pm »

He's smiling under there, i swear!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #8 : January 14, 2015, 07:24:19 am »

I want to thank each and every one you for coming out to Jackrabbits without you it would have been a success. With this being the start of a new year and the first destination ride and club meeting the turnout was great. There is a few key members that made it happen, Pete, Hudy, Donn, Deanna and Sandy you all were the back bone of the weekend great job. I had a great time riding and hanging out with everyone and look forward to doing it again. We have two new members Chad and JR I'm sure they will have a positive effect on the club Welcome boys!! As the new Pres I hope to make all of you prouder to be Viewfinders and Viewfinder family. Stay tuned for the destination event!!
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #9 : January 14, 2015, 08:45:37 am »

And JR overalled the quads Sunday! Actually we had 4 class winners, JR, Piper, Steven and Dillon. Not a large racer turn out but not bad and great finishes.

Felt sorry for Mongo, that had to be a long wait in the rain for gas.
Cchollister
Viewfinder

: 233

« #10 : January 14, 2015, 02:53:32 pm »

Yes, it was another great weekend. Enjoyed the tunnel and camp even though we missed you guys.

Can we look into rescheduling the Trona Airport play date for a weekend in May or early June?

Cynthia
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #11 : January 14, 2015, 08:04:06 pm »

Yes, it was another great weekend. Enjoyed the tunnel and camp even though we missed you guys.

Can we look into rescheduling the Trona Airport play date for a weekend in May or early June?

Cynthia
Anything is possible I'm open to the idea.

CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: