Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:29:15 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  DMC Race Report
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: DMC Race Report  ( 576 )
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« : January 27, 2015, 07:31:02 am »

Great weekend of racing at DMC.  Viewfinder camp included Pete Medina, Nils Davis, Jason Piper, Brian McKenzie, Robert Springer, Darrell Moore and yours truly.  Brian, Robert and Nils had kids along, so lots of knee high bikes buzzing around camp.  Roberts boy Maddog Maddox did his very first race on Saturday.  Loop wasn't very PW 50 friendly, but he completed one 3 mile loop with help from Robert, had fun and is ready for more.  We had 5 riders on the board including one guest.  I only saw the first loop, and it was fun and challenging, no drama.  DMC combined the Ex/Ammie lines so it was a big line.  Long super dusty bomb that funneled into a narrow canyon so a test of survival until it opened up.  Darrel got taken out in a wash by some young guy that apparently doesn't respect his elders, but went on to finish.  I will only say that he and I finished and didn't embarrass ourselves or the club too bad : )  Second loop was National Caliber.  Which meant out of the pits across the valley towards North Anderson, up a fire road to lull you into feeling cocky, and then into the sh*te for the rest of the loop.  Up gnarly rocky hills, and then down the other side equally gnarly and rocky.  Rinse, repeat.  The finish came down a looooooong brutal hill that I'm pretty sure didn't have a trail before they put ribbon on it.  Fun spectating but I'm guessing the Nervous Novices had the wits scared out of them when they first caught sight of it.  Jason was hauling the mail as usual but came to grief when some of the previously mentioned rocks took out his front brake and assorted other damage, and finished 8th in class.  Robert said he was feeling fresh and fast but was spent by the end, finished 1st Vet Ammie,  4th Ammie overall.  Our guest pitter Scott Woehler was 1st Super Senior (50+), 3rd Novice o/a.  So there it is.  We are all licking our wounds and looking for vindication at 4 Aces.  And thanks to Pete and Nils for providing pit support.  Excellent as usual.  All in all a great Viewfinder family weekend in the Dez. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: