Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:45:18 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  4 Aces wrap up
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: 4 Aces wrap up  ( 1854 )
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« : February 08, 2015, 07:37:30 pm »

Or those few that did not make it out, I'll try and give a recap.  The destination ride was not her success, ND Todd Isles will be handling the next one.  Another great night of Supercross on the big screen, and we seemed to draw a few more visitors to our camp, which was the largest by far!  The kids races seemed to be  big hit, with alot of Viewie kids on the line.  Sunday racing was very fast and flowing with several riders on the line.  As far as I know Steve Davis was our only casualty, he did make it home safe and is healing up.  The biggest highlight was the triumphant return of Kari Nay to the desert!  Awesome to see her and the rest of you this weekend.  Please add details as you see fit

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #1 : February 09, 2015, 07:36:58 am »

I'm not sure what you are saying here Hudy (The destination ride was not her success) The ride was great we had 14 riders outstanding single track green green desert and we had two  support trucks and with five wonderful ladies supporting the ride from every thing I heard, everyone had a great time. We had ride stickers, MSR and rideavik give ways, awards, everyone that did not make the ride missed out for sure 

Yes Todd Isles and Jeff Meeks are hosting the next ride in April more to follow on that.

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Todd Iles
Viewfinder

: 85

« #2 : February 09, 2015, 07:58:06 am »

I think he meant to type"another sucess", which it deifinitely was.  Can someone who took a photo at the overlook please post it?  Thanks and great to see everyone this weekend!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : February 09, 2015, 08:20:09 am »

TOO MUCH FUN!

The best three words I can come up with for the weekend. What an outstanding turnout of Viewies! We overpowered camp I think. Thanks to all for greeting Kari with such love, she needed this weekend as a part of her healing, still a long way to go but this was a big step for her, thank you.

Saturday's ride was perfect, enough bitchin' single track fire roads to mix it up and a couple technical sections, thanks, CB, Bryan Anderson, Ragboy for scouting it out and thanks to the ladies for support.

We had 14 racers (8 two loopers), two last minute signups and I've added Pete who forgot to sign the pit board, then forgot to tell us he was in. He did partially redeem himself later though. Had some really good finishes, one guest rider from Bishop was overall Novice, great ride Joey Gardner, unfortunately he was one of the late arrivals and didn't get a jersey, surprised us in the pits! The highlight of the day was watching Piper and Nils battle the whole race, they came into the pits together and Piper got the advantage because we used a dump can for him, cost Nils about 20 seconds. But they came across the finish line neck and neck 35 miles later. Good battle and 2nd/3rd senior open expert. Steven Iles had another good race, first LWTII beginner and I think 3rd overall beginner, there's a green bar for him soon! Robert Springer was spanking the Intermediates but flatted right after the pits, he was really hauling ass!

Awesome weather yesterday, grass is green, flowers are coming up, could not have asked for a prettier day in the desert.

Thank you Charlie Barney for lighting a fire under our asses and getting the club jump started again. Those that came out had a terrific time, some old/returning members Bryan and Sandi Anderson, Kelly Phelan, so nice to see and ride with you guys again. Let's keep it up!
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« #4 : February 09, 2015, 08:42:17 am »

Not much to add to what has been said, but what a great weekend.  The number of Viewie kids was awesome.  Funniest (maybe not the right word) moment was when I finished my race Robert comes riding up to me all amped up and goes "Dad, I got a rear flat, give me your wheel"  to which I had to sadly respond "guess what, I have a flat rear too".  His face just fell, poor guy.  And that, as they say, is racing.
Bryan and Sandi Anderson
Viewfinder

: 162

« #5 : February 09, 2015, 08:54:10 am »

Quote: Thank you Charlie Barney for lighting a fire under our asses and getting the club jump started again. Those that came out had a terrific time, some old/returning members Bryan and Sandi Anderson, Kelly Phelan, so nice to see and ride with you guys again. Let's keep it up! Quote

OH Man............you called me "old".... sad face...... wink.... ;)

Had an amazing time... dang it!.... thanks a lot guys for being so nice to us.  (snarky sarcasm) Guess we are back.

But on a serious note... I had a really nice time... felt very welcome.. Enjoyed visiting with my "old" friends and made some new.  Looking forward to seeing you all again...
I have some pictures... I thought I would put them up on the facebook viewie page.... I will get around to it later..
We are praying for the viewie that has the broken rib?  OUCH... I hope he is well :/
Have a great week everyone... Sandi Anderson

PS.  I have a great pic of us watching supercross... Is it ok with you all for me to put it on the D37 facebook page?

Chuck Frozina
Viewfinder

: 129

« #6 : February 09, 2015, 04:35:55 pm »

I was 1st in my class but I was also the only one in my class.  We just made it in the morning for Mandy to ride the PeeWee event. They actually held the start for her to sign in. she came in middle of the pack just after Degan, Donn's grandson. It was just like I did in my first motocross race, quite some time ago I might add, 9th out of 18 racers.  Luke on the other hand is a different story. He did not do as well, he was 28th overall in his race but 2nd to last in his class.  So I guess it means he can only improve from here.  It was really great seeing all the Goldenrod on the starting lines in all the races Sunday, from the PeeWees on up to the Main event.

073x - Desert Senior Beginner<br />2002 Honda CR250R
-Luke & Mandy's Pit Crew-
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« #7 : February 09, 2015, 05:01:10 pm »

Quote: Thank you Charlie Barney for lighting a fire under our asses and getting the club jump started again. Those that came out had a terrific time, some old/returning members Bryan and Sandi Anderson, Kelly Phelan, so nice to see and ride with you guys again. Let's keep it up! Quote

OH Man............you called me "old".... sad face...... wink.... ;)

Had an amazing time... dang it!.... thanks a lot guys for being so nice to us.  (snarky sarcasm) Guess we are back.

But on a serious note... I had a really nice time... felt very welcome.. Enjoyed visiting with my "old" friends and made some new.  Looking forward to seeing you all again...
I have some pictures... I thought I would put them up on the facebook viewie page.... I will get around to it later..
We are praying for the viewie that has the broken rib?  OUCH... I hope he is well :/
Have a great week everyone... Sandi Anderson

PS.  I have a great pic of us watching supercross... Is it ok with you all for me to put it on the D37 facebook page?

Sandy, so glad to see you and Brian.  And yes, please put the picture up by all means.
Bryan and Sandi Anderson
Viewfinder

: 162

« #8 : February 09, 2015, 07:57:30 pm »

ok.. lets see if I can get this to work... Here is a picture... the other ones I have are too big and the website won't let me attach them... So I will try to put them on the viewie FB page... :/
« : February 09, 2015, 08:07:10 pm Sandi Anderson »
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #9 : February 10, 2015, 08:14:29 am »

I don't see why not, the signal originated from my satellite, if it matters. The equipment is a combination of Hudy, Ragboy and me.
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #10 : February 10, 2015, 09:49:01 am »

Nice photo

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
eastsidenils
Global Moderator

: 104

« #11 : February 10, 2015, 08:35:11 pm »

Awesome weekend. 6 star (out of 5) really. It is a great experience for me to be more and more a part of the Viewie family. It's great to have so many in the club circling the wagons for an all-around amazing experience in the desert. Great people, great weather, amazing having SX on the big screen, PA system and big bonfire. Huge appreciation and amazing to have Soren rallying the motos with Maddox and Shyla. Then on top of being there with everyone and my son having a blast learning to ride motos, i even got to race, and what a race it was. As fun as it gets.
Thank you all fellow Viewfinders for watching the kids. I guess it does "take a village." And when the village comes together, it's pretty cool.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: