Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:31:26 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  HBMC Race Report
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: HBMC Race Report  ( 675 )
Bryan and Sandi Anderson
Viewfinder

: 162

« : March 10, 2015, 05:01:29 pm »

I didn't see a race report... so I figured I would say a few things about the awesome weekend...
The weather was absolutely fabulous... The kids in our camp are the cutest things ever! 
I think we have the most amazing dogs in our club also... I think Baron and Mina have stolen my heart...
It is nice to be back in the club... We feel very welcome.. thank you...
Everyone finished the races and didn't get hurt... that is important! 

Oh yeah... some Viewies went stinkin fast!!!!! and had amazing finishes... lol... ;)

So that is MY version of the weekend... :)
Sandi

Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« #1 : March 10, 2015, 06:49:56 pm »

Sandi, all well said.....couple of fast guys (Nils Davis and Robert Springer), great group of kids that burned a LOT of gas together and an overall awesome weekend.  We are so glad to have you and Brian back with us.  Before the race results, I'd like to say it was so great to have Keith Jones back out after an absence of too long.  Also, Gumby spent the weekend out (spring break just started, and school is going great for him), and Julian was out for the day on Saturday, great to see that his back is healing up slowly but well.  We had a club meeting Saturday night run by El Presidente Charlie and also Russ and Deane came out to attend.  Vice Prez Brian McKenzie and family were also out. 

So, a great 2 days of racing put on by HBMC.  Both courses were pretty tight/technical/rocky which some short washes and a little cross valley thrown in.  How'd the club racers do?  Well like this:
Saturday - A course race 1 Nils 2nd o/a and in class 6 seconds behind Paul Krause, Brian Anderson mid packish; B course race 1 Pete Medina 9th, Me 11th and Keith 15th out of 21 (as usual 60+ was the biggest class I think).  A course race 2 Robert Springer 3rd o/a 1st in class 1st ammie, Hudy went for a finish and got it.

Sunday - B course race 1 Nils 2nd o/a and in class again chasing Paul's dust by 46 seconds and Brian stepped it up to 9th o/a 2nd in class;  A course race 1 Pete 8th, me 11th, Keith 15th (he and I are consistent if nothing else).  B course race 2 Robert Springer 2nd o/a 1st in class 1st ammie (ok vet steward, sent him a red stripe already).  Hudy once more went for the finish and succeeded. 

No injuries, and I think the only bike casualty was Roberts shrouds which were worse for wear from swiping pucker bushes at a high rate of speed.  So that's it, a great weekend of racing both actual and bench, and good times with just the best group of people.  See you all soon.  And feel free to add or correct anything said.
« : March 10, 2015, 06:52:55 pm Dave Springer »
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #2 : March 11, 2015, 01:14:47 pm »

nice report Sandi and Dave.
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #3 : March 11, 2015, 01:37:23 pm »

As stated by others: Good company, Good weather and some Good results!!! Not sure where my 'Members Only' HBMC topic went, but Mike Walters was wondering if someone rescued his green chair he left behind Saturday evening at our club meeting? Mike won the $101 50/50 drawing and donated HIS winnings back to the club!!! Way COOL! He didn't even keep any gas money after driving all around Lucerne Valley looking for N. Anderson!!! Yes, he now knows where Bessemer Mine Rd is!!! KJ
: [1]  
« previous next »
: