Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:47:53 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Viking National Report
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Viking National Report  ( 916 )
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« : April 26, 2015, 09:34:37 pm »

Well, Vikings National has come and gone.  We had 4 members and 2 guests on the board, and all made it in.  Seems that the first loop was Virgin alright, virgin rock mostly, but with no crazy hills, just lots of ROCKS.  Pete ran afoul of one not far after the bomb that slowed his role, but he finished.  Robert inspected his front fender on the way over the bars 30 miles in.  He was having a great top 25 ride up to that point, but finished the loop and called it day.   Gonna be a hurtin' pup tomorrow (both shoulders).   Nils was having a great ride but crashed on loop 2 (I think) but went on to finish all three.  His knee wasn't happy about it though.  Hudy finish and seemed the be the only one unscathed.  Even the pit crew had problems cuz Brian Anderson got a flat on his truck, and naturally his spare was shot.  A quick trip into Lucerne got him going again at the one place open that sold tires.  Thanks to Gary LaCharite and Brian for pit duty, and Darrell Moore for moral support.  Results are posted already, but on a National it's hard to sort out the National from District rides until they post District results.  Hope to see a big club turnout for the Badgers One Day Dual Euro on May 9th.  One day, race twice, and it's part of the Cal Scrambles series.  Cosmo out.
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

« #1 : April 27, 2015, 07:30:43 am »

Nils, if you see this, give us an update on your knee.  Robert's shoulder is jacked up and he's going to have it looked at this morning.  Sure was glad to see him right up to the pit, I was a nervous dad there for a while. 
eastsidenils
Global Moderator

: 104

« #2 : April 27, 2015, 09:34:32 pm »

I bet Dave. I could tell when I left the pit, from the look on your face. Communicated with Robert today. Looks like the news isn't good. Super bummed about that. I hope he doesn't need surgery on his shoulder. My news is possibly good, although the current data would potentially suggest otherwise. Looks like I did some damage. Had to remove 70mL of blood from my knee capsule this afternoon.
I have a photo that describes it all, but can't figure out how to paste here.
I have some entertaining helmet cam footage which I'll try to publish.
« : April 27, 2015, 09:41:36 pm eastsidenils »
Bryan and Sandi Anderson
Viewfinder

: 162

« #3 : April 27, 2015, 09:49:59 pm »

I am sorry to hear the news about Robert and Nils being injured... but glad that they will be ok... :/  Sorry to have missed the race but it was moving day for Micayla... so mom was busy packing and un packing and moving her... :) Get well soon wishes being sent out...
Sandi
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

« #4 : April 28, 2015, 06:50:37 am »

Nils, I saw that picture and I thought they stopped doing blood letting as a cure in the 17th century?  Pretty gruesome looking.  Hope the prognosis is for a full recovery.  Robert saw the ortho Dr. yesterday.  Tear to rotator cuff, just gonna take time to heal up, no surgery, maybe physical therapy to get full range of motion back.  I guess any get off you can walk (or hobble in your case) away from ain't so bad.
« : April 28, 2015, 06:59:06 am Dave Springer »
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #5 : April 28, 2015, 07:11:15 am »

Get well soon boys it is all part of the deal.
The Pres

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

« #6 : April 29, 2015, 06:47:33 pm »

Happy to report that Robert is feeling a lot better.  Monday was rough but starting yesterday the shoulder is a lot less pain and better range of motion.  Hopes to be on the start line for Rovers on June 7th.  Not sure how Nils is doing, his knee seemed pretty bad, they had to do a fluid drain which is like medieval torture.  He was wearing full on knee braces but still really jacked it up.  Hope he heals up quick.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: