Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:10 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Four Aces
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Four Aces  ( 946 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : February 29, 2016, 09:28:04 am »

From my post on the district board:

Since nobody has started a thread I thought I would!

Always try to ride the Moose Run, having been a Four Ace back in the 70's. Had a total blast this weekend, weather was ideal so that set the tone.

Kids races were well run and they all seemed to have fun, I know my grandson Degan did, said he was real tired after his only two loops on the big course (he's getting better but needs a LOT more practice).

Viewfinders had a good turnout, 13 racers, 8 two loopers. Sage Vincent was 3rd overall behind Smith and Meza (GREAT RIDE SAGE!) Nils Davis took first Sr. Open, Dylan overalled the novices (that's his last green bar ride) and I think we had a couple more finish pretty well.

Nice to see Caselli foundation at sign ups, got me a hat!

Sign ups were great on Saturday, we had a newbie that I helped get through. He had fun but got a flat/DNF.

Sunday got a lousy start (thanks Eric Wohlers for the push) so just cruised at a comfortable pace and passed a few, probably about middle of my class finish. Course was SUPER FAST and fun, could have used a bit more imagination and technical sections in my opinion but minor complaint, still had a lot of fun. Los the ribbon a couple of times but for only a few seconds, saw a lot of turn arrows on the ground, some of those turns came up fast and one right after another. Stalled twice on he rocky uphill (can't believe I stalled a bike with a Rekluse!) and a HBMC member got around me but I did pass a few others that were struggling more than me but then I got him back right before the finish. Was fun actually trying to race with a few of you and felt great without being on the bike since November.

THANK YOU FOUR ACES!

I'll let Chris fill in the details on who finished where, etc. but we had a great turnout, decent meeting even without Hudy and Springer. Pam even remarked that she enjoyed herself this weekend. Thanks to all that came out and raced and help support the club and desert racing. I heard they had about 300 entries! I know the lines were very full.
Bill McInnes - D37 Rep
Reps

: 151

« #1 : March 01, 2016, 05:54:14 pm »

I don't get out as often as I would like but this last weekend was why I still try to get out there.
The weather was perfect and the club had a big list of riders and I had a great time. I even got in 30 miles of riding.
For me that's big. To see Viewfinders in the top 10 on the first loop was way cool and in the overall.
I even ran into Keith Jones out on the course. Good Time.

Bill
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #2 : March 02, 2016, 11:24:32 am »

I don't get out as often as I would like but this last weekend was why I still try to get out there.
The weather was perfect and the club had a big list of riders and I had a great time. I even got in 30 miles of riding.
For me that's big. To see Viewfinders in the top 10 on the first loop was way cool and in the overall.
I even ran into Keith Jones out on the course. Good Time.

Bill

Thanks for coming out Bill, nice to see you in the desert again.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: