Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:07:50 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Darlene's Racing Team makes it return with UTV Racing
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Darlene's Racing Team makes it return with UTV Racing  ( 2293 )
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« : July 01, 2016, 03:08:27 pm »

Darlene the lead visionary of Darlene’s Racing Team (DRT) has completed plains and built off road team to put her XP 1000 to the test. After months of contract negations and planning she has built a solid team with years of experience. Her crack crew chief is Flat Tire will perform NASCAR style pits with drivers Charlie and Pete getting beat to death all so Darlene can have this experience (the crew are givers). With the help of Baja Designs, G&S manufacturing and depends under liners her vision is coming true. This team old farts will be driving their first event on 7/16/16 in Cal City at the Pure UTV 150 mile night race starting at 8PM. All are welcome to come out and join the effort cheer on Darlene’s finely tuned ageing team drive into history.

DRT Racing

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Global Moderator

« #1 : July 11, 2016, 07:31:01 am »

Update the inner com and GPS is in the car along with a new supporting wiring system. Waiting in upgraded lights and the new seat belts to come in and we should be ready. The hope is to have everything done by Thursday of this week and tech the car on Friday.
CB Team DRT

CB
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #2 : July 11, 2016, 08:23:24 am »

Update the inner com and GPS is in the car along with a new supporting wiring system. Waiting in upgraded lights and the new seat belts to come in and we should be ready. The hope is to have everything done by Thursday of this week and tech the car on Friday.
CB Team DRT

New seatbelts? What was wrong with the 5 points you had?
Global Moderator

« #3 : July 14, 2016, 01:59:01 pm »

CB Team DRT

New seatbelts? What was wrong with the 5 points you had?

The belts we had were over two years old the requirement is certified two years or newer, so now we have some bitchen new 5 points. Better padding and they release and adjust much much better. The car is ready heading out tomorrow for tech then we will know what I missed or need to change.

CB Team DRT

CB
Global Moderator

« #4 : July 18, 2016, 07:55:45 am »

Race report, got there Friday morning set up and hung out with Viewfinders colors flying high. I can say EVERYONE we met was on to sharing info it was great with a big thanks to PCI guys. Even though we did not have any PCI Eq. they were over the top helpful I can't say enough about them other than will be updating come things with PCI moving forward. Rerunning went very well everything worked me and Pete worked out some team works challenges and we were looking good for the race. Did a prerace belt change with Flat Tire and Pete, the ladies, Rag Boy and his family showed up and it was time to go racing. We started second in class 14th car on the road and held our own. The class leader gap us on lap one but we gapped the rest of the class we were shocked no one was making time on us from behind, lap two we lost GPS tracking at the end of lap one but we had been around the course a few times and just keep going. I drove and Pete worked on the GPS, at the end of lap two we came in the pits a few seconds behind the leader in our class not sure what O.A. Going out on the third lap Pete got the GPS going again (great job bouncing around in the car) about miles 2 or 3 we past the class leader and another pro car at one time and started pulling away. About 4 or 5 miles later the car made some very bad noise that sounded like gears stripping in the gear box. We were dead in the water. We hung out call the pits for rescue one thing lead to another and we ended up checking the belt and that was the problem. Never braking a belt before I had no idea what it sounded like, we replaced the belt and got going just as Flat Tire and Rag Boy were getting to us. About 1 to 1.5 hours later we were up and running. We finished 4 of the 7 laps with smiles on our faces, learned a lot, had one of the best times racing in a very long time and we were not all bet up. We are going to try it again on Sept 10th if you have a UTV or are thinking about it I would highly recommend giving this little local series a try BIG FUN!!! Also we learned you need to brake a belt in before you race it.
C.B. Team D.R.T.   

CB
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #5 : July 18, 2016, 02:57:23 pm »

Race report, got there Friday morning set up and hung out with Viewfinders colors flying high. I can say EVERYONE we met was on to sharing info it was great with a big thanks to PCI guys. Even though we did not have any PCI Eq. they were over the top helpful I can't say enough about them other than will be updating come things with PCI moving forward. Rerunning went very well everything worked me and Pete worked out some team works challenges and we were looking good for the race. Did a prerace belt change with Flat Tire and Pete, the ladies, Rag Boy and his family showed up and it was time to go racing. We started second in class 14th car on the road and held our own. The class leader gap us on lap one but we gapped the rest of the class we were shocked no one was making time on us from behind, lap two we lost GPS tracking at the end of lap one but we had been around the course a few times and just keep going. I drove and Pete worked on the GPS, at the end of lap two we came in the pits a few seconds behind the leader in our class not sure what O.A. Going out on the third lap Pete got the GPS going again (great job bouncing around in the car) about miles 2 or 3 we past the class leader and another pro car at one time and started pulling away. About 4 or 5 miles later the car made some very bad noise that sounded like gears stripping in the gear box. We were dead in the water. We hung out call the pits for rescue one thing lead to another and we ended up checking the belt and that was the problem. Never braking a belt before I had no idea what it sounded like, we replaced the belt and got going just as Flat Tire and Rag Boy were getting to us. About 1 to 1.5 hours later we were up and running. We finished 4 of the 7 laps with smiles on our faces, learned a lot, had one of the best times racing in a very long time and we were not all bet up. We are going to try it again on Sept 10th if you have a UTV or are thinking about it I would highly recommend giving this little local series a try BIG FUN!!! Also we learned you need to brake a belt in before you race it.
C.B. Team D.R.T.

Great race report CB, might make the 9.10 race, same place?
Global Moderator

« #6 : July 18, 2016, 03:34:49 pm »

Yes the same place but a day race I believe 250 miles.

CB

CB
Kyle "Rag Boy" Nay
Viewfinder

: 80

ohhhh yeaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

« #7 : July 21, 2016, 03:27:10 pm »

Well Ragboy and the family will be at the race for sure helping support Team DRT!!! It was a great time, a heck of a lot different the D37 little more mellow. Plus there was nothing better then seeing Mrs. Darlene Barney back in the dirt again!!! Note to self tell Charlie to check the belt before requesting EVAC.

yes i am rag boy; splatter just ask the barney's they ll tell the story!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: