Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:44:57 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Charlie The Man The Myth The Legend
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Charlie The Man The Myth The Legend  ( 2317 )
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« : June 25, 2007, 09:08:37 pm »

Wow glad to see you got lucky again and took the o/a. The magazine thing is too cool you deserve it. You are the definition of a true desert racer. They couldn't of chose a better person. What a kick in the pants. Love it!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #1 : June 26, 2007, 06:09:01 am »

Thanks for the kind words and you are correct I did get lucky. The kids just got tired!!
Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #2 : June 26, 2007, 07:32:22 am »

I would like to believe "Old age and treacherie defeats youth and enthusiasm" is the reason.
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #3 : June 26, 2007, 12:21:10 pm »

Fill us in on which magazine/issue for which o/a. KJ
Wow glad to see you got lucky again and took the o/a. The magazine thing is too cool you deserve it. You are the definition of a true desert racer. They couldn't of chose a better person. What a kick in the pants. Love it!
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #4 : June 26, 2007, 12:53:17 pm »

Jonesy - Here's Charlie's post from another thread with all the deets:

Vagas to Reno is going 580 miles in August and I have not been riding so here we go. I have been splitting the water with the dirt.
The Cal City was a fun little deal. I rode 40 exp started 4th row VERY DUSTY and two hours later the kids were tired and the old man was still going to my first overall of 2007 with fastest lap speed ave 44.8 MPH which pays $200.00 big ones. I had no idea I was leading the thing as when I pitted Darlene told me I was first old guy and 3th O.A. and I don't recall pasting two fast kids and when I past the Kid leading as it turns out he had no nothing for me. Whats that saying about youth vs age?

I'm looking forward to the night race this weekend and it looks like Dirt Bike has kicked in a 07 300EXC for me and my buddy down the road to ride and they are going to do a story on it. My buddy is in good with Tom Webb from Dirt Bike and he asked me to ride so no Iron man this weekend for me as I was planning. I'm still not sure why they would want to write  a story about two old guys riding a night race but what the hell.

Charlie

P.S. Congrats on the o/a Old Man - you've got the "O" Show now and will have the "M" soon!  ;D

Kandy Thornton
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #5 : June 26, 2007, 08:48:50 pm »

BARSTOW, you make me proud, age is just a number. with your desert experience and great body conditioning  the kid's had no chance.  what's  the name of your partner? for the nite race.  i dropped off a new beta 525 to ron lawson at dirt bike a  few weeks back to test.  nice guy was able to watch the studio shoot.  never seen tom,  must have been hiding from me.

congrats  on your O.A.

P.S.  you know you could have call me and we could have teamed up on a american beta 525.  oh well next time

JIM
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #6 : June 27, 2007, 06:18:18 am »

Kevin Olien he lives down the road from me and we have been trail riding, just got to talking one day and he wanted to try it and knows Tom Webb. The next thing I know he talked Webb into a bike and the Mag was going to do a story. It has nothing to do with me kevin has put this whole thing together. From what Kevin told me last night it looks like AXO is kicking in riding gear as well. which brings up a issue about wearing colors this weekend. I know I know I know, I'm the first one to get on everyone about colors which IF this does happen I would not in colors this weekend due to possible photos in Dirt Bike, It is all about press. With that said BRING ON THE BEATING BOYS.
Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #7 : June 27, 2007, 08:40:05 am »

Kevin Olien he lives down the road from me and we have been trail riding, just got to talking one day and he wanted to try it and knows Tom Webb. The next thing I know he talked Webb into a bike and the Mag was going to do a story. It has nothing to do with me kevin has put this whole thing together. From what Kevin told me last night it looks like AXO is kicking in riding gear as well. which brings up a issue about wearing colors this weekend. I know I know I know, I'm the first one to get on everyone about colors which IF this does happen I would not in colors this weekend due to possible photos in Dirt Bike, It is all about press. With that said BRING ON THE BEATING BOYS.
Charlie

Alright you asked for it! This is something we need to get worked out as it comes up over and over in any club. What is the protocol here? Can you wear colors on your helmet if the helmet is not part of the sponsor package? I tried to get pricing on helmet skins once but got nowhere. I'll contact Tom at SoCAl and see who they use. I'm a firm believer in wearing club colors for safety if nothing else. It won't matter too much for the night race since you won't be able to see them anyway.
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #8 : June 27, 2007, 08:52:42 pm »

If you are fully sponsored by a gear company that states in a contract what you must or cannot wear you can be exempt from colors.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #9 : June 28, 2007, 07:33:02 am »

If you are fully sponsored by a gear company that states in a contract what you must or cannot wear you can be exempt from colors.

I understand that but sometimes it's just a jersey/pants thing and not the helmet so a helmet skin might still be O.K.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: