Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:29:08 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  SHAMROCK'S RACE 9/30/07
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: SHAMROCK'S RACE 9/30/07  ( 2497 )
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« : September 28, 2007, 10:36:12 am »

I guess there is come confusion as to the location for the Shamrock's race this weekend. Staging is at CHARLIE'S PLACE in Red Mtn.  It is not at the Dirt Diggers Camp or Teagle Wash.  Best of luck to all racing this weekend.

Kandy Thornton
Bill Keys
Viewfinder

: 107

« #1 : September 30, 2007, 06:04:12 pm »

W0000H000 finished the race and took a short nap. All better but man I'm sore. Very fun race good and challenging. Fell once and was pushed into a large rock by one of the pros who came back later and said he was sorry. I also said sorry to him for the words I threw at him after the incident. All is good. I heard a few club members may have been injured. Russ with a possible broken collar bone and someone else with a wrist injury. Hope everone heals quick.

This weekend is proof of why I'm glad to be a Viewfinder. It was great seeing everyone again.

BIll Keys V80/Novice Vet
Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

: 435

« #2 : October 01, 2007, 08:43:31 am »

:o

well, russ did end up with a boken collar bone. out for six weeks.
        hes doing fine. sore but fine.

see you all at the gp

deann
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #3 : October 01, 2007, 11:03:10 am »

Sorry to hear Russ got hurt.  Hope the break isn't too bad and it heals up well.  See you guys in a few days!

Kandy Thornton
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #4 : October 01, 2007, 11:15:04 am »

When B. Jones and i returned to the park, we found a black gear bag left out in back of his rig. it had a helmet and such in it, anyone know who it might belong to? it locked in the camper now.
« : October 01, 2007, 12:49:42 pm Brian MacKenzie »

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Bryan and Sandi Anderson
Viewfinder

: 162

« #5 : October 01, 2007, 12:05:15 pm »

Russ,
Heal up soon.  Sorry to hear that it was broken.  :-[
It was fun hangin' around with James (although I sorta hurt his ankle a little,  lady driver, hehehehe)  :-\
Deanna, sorry our visiting time was cut short but glad that Russ is going to be ok.
Sandi Anderson
Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

: 435

« #6 : October 01, 2007, 02:54:42 pm »

;D ;D ;D

the brake is not that bad, just enough to take him out of the race.but he will finish up the year with some fun. the doc said four to six weeks at the most.

see u in a few days

deann

Bill Keys
Viewfinder

: 107

« #7 : October 01, 2007, 03:42:10 pm »

Feel bad about the break, but glad he ok. Tell him to hang in there, no pun intended lol.

Bill Keys

BIll Keys V80/Novice Vet
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #8 : October 01, 2007, 04:07:31 pm »

Thanks for the info. Deanna, I'm glad it was "only" the collar bone and a minor break at that, better than a separation, bones heal quicker than tissue. My shoulder separation from New Years still hurts and I'm sure B. Jones' does as well.

What a coincidence that I had an arm sling in my truck that he could use, especially since you gave me the one you had when I hurt my shoulder.
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #9 : October 01, 2007, 05:16:55 pm »

Bummer Russ, I broke mine when I was a young buck it hurt like hell for 2 weeks. So your not old your injured and it hurts no matter your age. We saw you charging the bomb in the dust. See you out there for the full report.
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #10 : October 01, 2007, 08:56:05 pm »

I would like to share one thing for you guys who were not there.  Charlie came in leading his class into the pits but said he kept hearing a clunking noise.  It turned out to be a missing bolt at the top of the shock.  Jim McGrath pulled one off of his bike to put it on Charlies bike.  My friend looked at me after that and said something about the fact that it takes one heck of club member to scrap parts off his bike to put on someone else's bike.  Makes me proud to be a Viewfinder.  Thanks Jim for showing my friend exactly why this club is so important to me. 

Oh yeah.  Of course Charlie still won!

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #11 : October 01, 2007, 09:14:39 pm »

Makes me proud to be a Viewfinder.  Thanks Jim for showing my friend exactly why this club is so important to me. 

Well put Aaron, nice to finally meet you this weekend, thanks for pitting. DESERT PEOPLE ARE THE BEST.
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #12 : October 02, 2007, 07:51:01 pm »

I would like to share one thing for you guys who were not there.  Charlie came in leading his class into the pits but said he kept hearing a clunking noise.  It turned out to be a missing bolt at the top of the shock.  Jim McGrath pulled one off of his bike to put it on Charlies bike.  My friend looked at me after that and said something about the fact that it takes one heck of club member to scrap parts off his bike to put on someone else's bike.  Makes me proud to be a Viewfinder.  Thanks Jim for showing my friend exactly why this club is so important to me. 

aaron, thanks for letting me help you last weekend.  charlie would have done the same for me in a heartbeat.  that old man haul a**.  i can't believe how many people he had pass in the first 15 miles of the course.
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #13 : October 02, 2007, 08:59:56 pm »

aaron, thanks for letting me help you last weekend.  charlie would have done the same for me in a heartbeat.  that old man haul a**.  i can't believe how many people he had pass in the first 15 miles of the course.

No.  Thank you for helping!  You saved the day.

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
: [1]  
« previous next »
: