Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:16:12 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  Archived Race Reports and meeting minutes
| | |-+  G.P. the aftermath
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: G.P. the aftermath  ( 4397 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : October 09, 2007, 11:39:46 am »

Surprised no one has spoken up yet so I'll start.

I'M PROUD TO BE A VIEWFINDER

What an awesome race we put together. From the comments on the district board the club pulled it off again.

I haven't worked that hard for four days straight in I don't know how long! Whew I'm still tired! I would personally like to thank Russ, Keith and Randy for chipping in in getting me started in the Arena, without them I would have been lost, took a bit for me to get up to speed as it was a bit overwhelming at first. I guess I didn't know what I was getting into when I volunteered but we pulled it off anyway. A HUGE thanks to my three sons and their friends that helped out, couldn't have done it without them for sure. And thanks to Gordon of course for all  he does all over, especially in the arena.

Thanks to Matt and Kyle for riding sweep, Matt for almost two days since James had to bail on the second half of Sunday, that's a lot of riding. But of course Matt and Robert, how had just finished riding sweep, were out there with everyone else shagging tires and hay bales until 9:00 (Oh to be young!). Then Matt's truck broke down right at Charlie Barney's and he had to be towed, he didn't get home until 1:45 (we replaced his alternator last night and he's good to go).

One last item I'd like to ask everyone. We used Mike's trailer to haul tires and several of the running lights got broken. Can we ask the club to pick up the cost of the lights? He and I will install them.

Thanks again from the Nay Family to all our Viewfinder Family for a job well done and for all the hard work that you all put in.
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #1 : October 09, 2007, 01:03:01 pm »

Anybody else feel like they were hit by a truck?  ??? I am getting too old for this.

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #2 : October 09, 2007, 01:30:22 pm »

Anybody else feel like they were hit by a truck?  ??? I am getting too old for this.

Sheesh young buck - you want to talk about feeling old?!  I'm achey, sun burned, sick with a head cold and still grinning from all the thumbs ups and woo hoos I got!  Everyone really came together this year - THANKS TO ALL VIEWIES, FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Kandy Thornton
Aaron Price
Officer

« #3 : October 09, 2007, 02:02:52 pm »

Sheesh young buck - you want to talk about feeling old?!  I'm achey, sun burned, sick with a head cold and still grinning from all the thumbs ups and woo hoos I got!  Everyone really came together this year - THANKS TO ALL VIEWIES, FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Thumbs up?  Woo Hoos?  That must be nice.

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Eric Price
Viewfinder

: 119

« #4 : October 09, 2007, 06:53:29 pm »

Aaron, if you didn't flash the riders they might have been a little nicer to you!!!
Bill Keys
Viewfinder

: 107

« #5 : October 09, 2007, 07:30:34 pm »

I have to say that everyone in the club was on their A game and I was blown away how everyone stepped up and got the job done. To say it was awesome seeing everyone again, is an understatement. Before and after reading the Dist messgae board, I can say that I love this club and I'm very proud to be a Viewfinder.

Bill Keys  ;D

BIll Keys V80/Novice Vet
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #6 : October 10, 2007, 06:35:11 am »

Great job guys, I know I was done and feeling worked at the end of it but it is a good feeling. We are sick puppy's. I good with replacing the broken lights on the Mike's trailer.
ViewFinders Rock.

Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #7 : October 10, 2007, 08:37:38 am »

Gordon seems to have the same issues w/ his car trailer on occasion. Send the invoice Dale Cunninghams way and she can send a check to you or Mike. Did Vince's trailer survive?
If anyone has supply invoices please get them to Dale for payment. Thanks, Keith
One last item I'd like to ask everyone. We used Mike's trailer to haul tires and several of the running lights got broken. Can we ask the club to pick up the cost of the lights? He and I will install them.
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #8 : October 10, 2007, 08:43:39 am »

No kudos in the Junkyard? Were the head nods signs of acceptance or "Bobble Head" reactions from the moguls ;D
[/quote]
« : October 10, 2007, 09:02:45 am Keith Jones - VP »
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #9 : October 10, 2007, 09:01:28 am »

I was very impressed on how this years event shined! Going to be tough to TOP it next year!!! Everyone needs to present ideas to ONE UP next years GP. Some one mentioned  having signage that notes YOU ARE ENTERING .... La Charite Land , the DAWG POUND, the JUNKYARD etc The Viewfinders work together and  work the hardest to put on the BEST GP!!! Everyone deserves a BIG PAT ON THE BACK. We all pulled it together WOO HOO!    Thanks for all that everyone did, Keith
ps Today my brain is finally back to functioning after a long week @ Ridgecrest!
Aaron Price
Officer

« #10 : October 10, 2007, 09:32:43 am »

No kudos in the Junkyard? Were the head nods signs of acceptance or "Bobble Head" reactions from the moguls ;D
[/b]
[/quote]

A few "thank you's" after we picked their bikes up off of them.  Far more whiners.  Ironically they always went to the wrong person to whine.  My buddy loves to let whiners know just how much he cares.  Ohwell, after its all said and done it was worth it.  Next year the Viewfinders will make it even better.

Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #11 : October 10, 2007, 10:11:02 am »

Today my brain is finally back to functioning after a long week @ Ridgecrest!

I feel the same way, I came in yesterday and my partner wanted to know what truck ran me over! And I got one more day's sleep than you before returning to work. Knowing you and the fact that you're considerably older than me  ;D I'm sure you were much more sleep deprived than I.
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #12 : October 10, 2007, 11:19:38 am »

SEVERAL of my "moto" friends came out for the weekend not knowing what to expect and were blown away to say the least... They ALL said "what an awesome unique event is there only one per year?" ha!!

Great job to all!~ I had fun in the announcing tower... announcing those misfortunes through the arena section to the masses. Good times good times!

Keith - Nicer trophies for next year... The ones this year were rough and jagged and actually cut my finger......
« : October 10, 2007, 11:22:16 am Jenn Thornton »

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #13 : October 10, 2007, 03:46:56 pm »

We got home Monday at 2:30 p.m. I went to bed at 5:00 p.m. and didn't wake up untill 5:30 a.m. Missed some good football games and overtime at work but other than that it was a good weekend. As usual everybody came through. What about the MX crew how did you guys fare? Don't forget the play day November 10,11. All fun no work.
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #14 : October 22, 2007, 09:55:38 am »

Hi all, I know I am a little late, I have been recovering on vacation from the work weekend. :P

I am sooo glad to have become a viewfinder.  ;) I had a ton of fun and worked my but off too. I have heard nothing but woo hoo from the racers and I had a great time with the members. The washer boards will have to be repaired.  8)

I only have two suggestions, 1) better food for workers, 2) section captains be identified sooner and sections be identified a little better.

Being new I had no idea where the MX section really began and ended, so I think some other folks helped me out and thank you by the way.

I am looking forward to next year, so let me know how I can help and I will be on it.

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: