Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:36:53 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  Our Guestbook
| | |-+  Guestbook signing
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Guestbook signing  ( 44576 )
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« : November 08, 2007, 02:12:51 pm »

Hi my name is Jenn.. I am currently a Viewfinder member.. I am 22 years old.. I have a mom, dad, lil bro, dog & cat.. Essentially the "purrfect" lil family ... Wanna know more? JUST ASK!

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Max Eddy
Viewfinder

: 97

« #1 : November 08, 2007, 10:03:15 pm »

WOW your gettin OLD!!! ;D

R11
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #2 : November 08, 2007, 11:05:07 pm »

Thanks Midlife! So are YOU! Bwahahaha

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Chuck Frozina
Viewfinder

: 129

« #3 : January 12, 2009, 02:51:57 pm »

Hello All you Viewfinders,
My name is Chuck Frozina and I have some cousins in your club. They are the NAYS, and they are trying to get me and my 4 1/2 year old son into racing.  I ride a 2002 CR250 and my son rides a TTR50 with Training wheels.  So I thought this would be a good place to start and find out some info.  I have been out on a few rides with the group already so I even know some of you. 

Anyway you have a nice website and I look forward to my first race outing. 
Couple of questions I have to start are: 
1) Do you have to be a member of the AMA to Race? And if so how much are the fees to start?
2) Does my 4 1/2 yr old need to be a member also?
3) Could someone help me out by telling me which races would be good for a beginner and his son to try first?
4) Do all the races on the schedule have Kid Races along with adults?

I'm sure I will have more questions but that should do for now.

Thanks, Chuck

073x - Desert Senior Beginner<br />2002 Honda CR250R
-Luke & Mandy's Pit Crew-
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #4 : January 12, 2009, 03:20:22 pm »

My name is Chuck Frozina and I have some cousins in your club. They are the NAYS, and they are trying to get me and my 4 1/2 year old son into racing.  I ride a 2002 CR250 and my son rides a TTR50 with Training wheels.  So I thought this would be a good place to start and find out some info.  I have been out on a few rides with the group already so I even know some of you. 

1) Do you have to be a member of the AMA to Race?  YES And if so how much are the fees to start? AMA Membership is an annual membership and is $39.00 you may apply online. http://www.amadirectlink.com/join/index.asp
2) Does my 4 1/2 yr old need to be a member also? YES. If he intends to participate in events. AMA is how insurance is obtained.
3) Could someone help me out by telling me which races would be good for a beginner and his son to try first? What style of riding/racing appeals most to you? There are several formats.. As far as the lil guy, any kid event is good for him. Has he ridden any motocross? If not, I would NOT recommend a Grand Prix, otherwise ANY desert race is PERFECT for a beginner, lil tiny. Dad's can basically chase their child around the entire loop if they so desire!~ Here is a great read on different events and how they are formatted:  http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/tools/handbook.pdf AND I strongly recommend you race anything other than a national as your first event!~ ;)
4) Do all the races on the schedule have Kid Races along with adults? It is at the hosting clubs discretion and varies on man power. They are all posted on the AMA D37 website where the flyers and other info. are posted.

Thanks, Chuck

Welcome to the Viewfinders Message Board!~
« : January 12, 2009, 03:24:21 pm Jenn »

Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #5 : January 12, 2009, 03:29:07 pm »

1) Do you have to be a member of the AMA to Race? And if so how much are the fees to start?
3) Could someone help me out by telling me which races would be good for a beginner and his son to try first?

Thanks, Chuck

You will also need a competition card for District 37 once you decide which series (form) of offroad racing best appeals to you -- desert(TRUE offroad racing at its finest), grand prix (motocross, pavement, and desert/offroad -- nice combination geared for the motocrosser gone desert racer), or Enduro (time keeping)

Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #6 : January 13, 2009, 09:20:23 am »

Welcome Chuck, with several Hare and Hounds coming up, two being nationals and one the Checkers, You may want to do the HBMC Dual euro. They alwats put on a quality event and I have always had a great time. I will be at all the above events and you are wecome to come out and camp and check any of them out. Most of the time the 1st loop (made with the beginner in mind) is very do-able on a Hare and Hound race. Speed is waht seperates the classes on the "easy" loop.

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #7 : January 14, 2009, 04:06:52 pm »

Thanks, Chuck

Welcome to the board cousin Chucky!

As you can see you are welcome at any event and come and "guest" with us. Let me know which event you plan doing first and we'll try to be there, as I said on the phone we're pretty tied up until March. Go to the AMA website and get a comp. card for you and Luke. That way he's good to go for the kids race and you can pie plate as a beginner when you decide to give it a try. Is Tory really going to let YOU race? Any one of us can coach you as far as reading the course and what the different markings mean. Another idea is to go out to a race and cruise around the course (keeping a safe distance) and see what the racers are doing and how the various markings come into play, but there's no better way to learn than to just jump right in!!! Sign up for a one loop novice or beginner at first. I don't remember if there is a beginner vet class or not, if not you'll have to sign up as vet novice.

See ya in the des!!!

P.S. "JoeMotocross"? what's that all about? Should be "#1 Raider fan" or something. Now we just gotta get Brian and Johnathon out three along with Robbie.
« : January 14, 2009, 04:08:56 pm Donn Nay - Pit Boss & D37 Rep »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: