Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:49:49 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  May 09 Off-Road Minutes
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: May 09 Off-Road Minutes  ( 1005 )
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« : June 04, 2009, 10:38:24 am »

Enjoy!

District 37 Off-Road Committee
Meeting for May 7, 2009

I   Meeting called to order by Jerry Grabow, President
   A. Additions to Agenda
      a. No new additions
II   Attendance and minutes taken by Jannean Sapp, District 37 Secretary   
III   Review and Approval of Minutes
A.   Approved as is.

IV.   Old Business
A.   Ecologic & Lobbyist
a.   Ecologic
i.   D37 has cut back their contributions to Ecologic to only $2,000 a month.
ii.   David Hubbard is working on letters about the fees charged for the use of the dunes.
b.   Lobbyist
i.   New D37 lobbyist effective June 1st, Terry McHale.
ii.   Terry McHale will be our new lobbyist and expenses will be cut in half.
B.   Lobby Days
a.     April 27-28 Lobby Days was a success and they are already planning for next year but they need more participation from the clubs for next year.
b.   Lobby Days may be changing the date for next year to around spring break (Dirt Diggers weekend)

C.   National H&H Series
a.   Jerry reported to the off-road body and update about the promotion of the National H&H series.
i.   The business plans have been submitted to the AMA-just the D37 clubs are to be the owners.
ii.   The series is still in the planning stages so more information as it is known will be presented.
VI   New Business
A.   Advertising on D37 Message Board
a.   Jerry Grabow brought-up for discussion about a proposal that was presented to him about a vendor that would like to pay to advertise on the D37 board.
i.   Another way for D37 to make money
i.   Motion presented by Skip Earwood and seconded by Mike Kaplan that read as follows, ?Use of D37 Off-road web page for paid advertising.?
ii.   Discussion tabled.
B.   2009 JV Fun Ride
a.   The event is scheduled on 12/10/09 out at Red Mountian, in conjunction with the Los Coyotes Dual Sport ride weekend.
b.   Erek Kudla is developing the flyer and RUTS have agreed to lay-out a loop.
c.   The KTM raffle bike will be given away at this event.
d.   More details to follow at a later date.

VII   Reports
A.   Congress: Jim Geddes, Dave Oakleaf, & Bill Howell
a.   No report but it was requested that you submit all proposed AMA rule changes to them by August 1st.
B.   VP: Skip Earwood
a.   No report.
C.   DLO: Karl Smith
a.   It was announced about bill AB 435 that will require smog test for dual sport bikes but they are working on getting an exemption for all pre-2004 models.
b.   Here is a form letter (attached the link, copy and paste) that we all need to fill out and sign. It is requesting the designation of Johnson Valley as a "National Recreation Area". http://www.district 37ama.org/ forums/showthrea d.php?t=28756
c.   There is a proposed housing project on the north ridge of Hungry Valley (Gorman) OHV area that if it moves forward, it will most certainly cause problems with our riding area.
D.   Referee:  Richie Wohlers
a.   No report.
E.   BOD: Jim Geddes
a.   No report.
F.   BLM: Al Guzman
a.   Al requested that we (the clubs) let him know if we don?t need the use of the radios for an event.
b.   Al also announced that he has D37 numbers for sale.
G.   Eco Logic: Jerry Grabow
a.   Previously discussed.
H.   Rider Reps: Ryan Sanders, Tim Wilson, John Gil, Mark Drake
a.    Ryan Saunders
i.   No report
b.   Janine Khols
i.   No report
c.   Greg Seda
i.   No report
d.   Mark Drake:
i.   Mark announced that there will be sound testing in Primm, NV at the GP.
I.   Web Master: Jeff Owens
a.   No report.
J.   Newsletter: Julie Angell
a.   Julie made a request to relay back to the clubs that we try and use the advertisers that advertise in the newsletter because the money from the advertisements are what help support the newsletter mailings.
K.   Treasurer Report: Sandy Howell
a.   Total liabilities and equity: $215,960.71
b.   Sandy requested that the clubs call her before just arbitrarily taking out the deduction for the ambulance refund.
L.   Big 6: Dave Oakleaf
a.   Dave reported that Shamrocks GP had 1,193 people sign-up to race at their event.
VII   Race Reviews
A.   Shamrocks
a.   Enjoyable event that had over 1,193 people participate in.
VIII   Announcements
A.   Badgers Dual Euro ? 05/09-10/09
B.   VCMC Qualifier ? 05/17/09
C.   100?s Night Race?  05/30/09
D.   Dirt Diggers MX Race ? 06/06/09
E.   Just as an FYI, all the porta potty companies in Lucerne and Apple Valley area have been bought out by one company so it was mentioned that you should check with whatever company that you use about your contract.

VIIII   50/50 Raffle
A.   Unknown who won the 50/50 raffle.

Meeting adjourned 9:30 pm by Jerry Grabow

Kandy Thornton
: [1]  
« previous next »
: