Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:12:54 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Dirt Diggers Desert Scrambles Roll Call
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4
: Dirt Diggers Desert Scrambles Roll Call  ( 6260 )
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #15 : March 24, 2010, 01:48:05 pm »

You racing this time Bob?

NOPE,
still struggling with some unknown medical issue, 9 trips to Kaiser and still no definate diagnosis  >:(
I don't have the energy to go riding, no less race.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #16 : March 24, 2010, 09:57:42 pm »

I will be coming out Saturday morning and I will have another trailer with me to so I need 2 sites with full hookups please.  ;D
I have been battling between putting on my black numbers or keeping the red.
I think I am going to try the black and see how bad I get beat up!
So I guess the pits will need to stay open a little longer since I get to start last as always! Sorry  :-\
This may be my first and last pit on a quad since the next DS that I may do will be in September.
I hope to have a bike by then!

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #17 : March 25, 2010, 04:10:50 am »

So do you get to go back to beginner on a bike?

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Administrator

« #18 : March 25, 2010, 12:16:29 pm »

I am sure I will feel like it since I haven't needed to keep my balance in about 12 years on a bike!  ;D
Technically I could drop back down to Novice but I am going to stay with my yellow bar. Just need to do a lot of riding to get used to it again.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #19 : March 25, 2010, 01:19:40 pm »

I am sure I will feel like it since I haven't needed to keep my balance in about 12 years on a bike!  ;D
Technically I could drop back down to Novice but I am going to stay with my yellow bar. Just need to do a lot of riding to get used to it again.

It won't take long to regain your balance, having gone from two, to three, to four wheels and back to bikes.
My biggest issue was turning, soo much difference between 2 and 4 wheelers.
Keep the yellow bar, Ya get to leave the start line sooner and avoid SOME of the course destruction.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Chuck Frozina
Viewfinder

: 129

« #20 : March 26, 2010, 03:22:06 pm »

Good News! Good News! 
Luke's Long-Ball-A-Thon is at 9am and his picture is at 9:30.  So Luke, I and his newly received Minor Annual Waiver Card will be out asap after getting home then last minute loading and we're off.  So maybe by like 1:30-2:00. 

I will be doing my pit service this race also.

Chuckie

PS.  Uncle Donn and Uncle Brian did you see the "Long-Ball-A-Thon" fund raiser for his T-ball league there.  Hint...Hint...

073x - Desert Senior Beginner<br />2002 Honda CR250R
-Luke & Mandy's Pit Crew-
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #21 : March 26, 2010, 04:21:29 pm »

Good News! Good News! 
Luke's Long-Ball-A-Thon is at 9am and his picture is at 9:30.  So Luke, I and his newly received Minor Annual Waiver Card will be out asap after getting home then last minute loading and we're off.  So maybe by like 1:30-2:00. 

I will be doing my pit service this race also.

Chuckie

PS.  Uncle Donn and Uncle Brian did you see the "Long-Ball-A-Thon" fund raiser for his T-ball league there.  Hint...Hint...

Brian said he's leaving around noon, I plan on being out there around noon or so, staying with Brian this time. Didn't see the sponsor flier, what do you need? I'm sure we can help out a bit.
Administrator

« #22 : March 26, 2010, 05:50:18 pm »

This sucks! I am still at work and I am not ready to leave yet when I get home! I have to finish loading the trailer, go grocery shopping, fill up with water, get gas, get last minute store orders together and who knows what else.

At least work is busy, between being sick and work, I haven't been able to get anything done.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #23 : March 27, 2010, 07:36:30 pm »

between being sick and work, I haven't been able to get anything done.

I am "sick of work" and still can't get anything done either.

Have fun this weekend, I was thinking of coming out for the day, but the I-15 closure from 6AM to10AM negates that idea.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #24 : March 28, 2010, 04:44:24 pm »

Soo lets hear the stories !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #25 : March 28, 2010, 07:17:21 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #26 : March 28, 2010, 08:08:44 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great job there OLD MAN  ;)

See what happens when you keep the rubber side down and spinning !!

You must have learned something at those D S rides  _.._

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #27 : March 28, 2010, 08:53:25 pm »

We had a really good turn out.  Gumby got a new KTM 250. Clearly it was too pretty so he thought he should gouge it up a bit a mile into the race.  He got back and passed me and Keith.  I think Gumby ended up sixth. James got third. Jenni was running second behind Megan until a bad crash and a hang up on a hill dropped her back to fourth.  Megan hung on to win her class. Chris sadly DNF'd with a flat. At least soon his chances of flat tires will now be 50 percent less.   Our prospect ( I am terrible with names unless they are pretty girls so somebody please help me out)  he did well.  Donn Nay one his class and is four transfers from going 2 loops!  Klink put a hole in his case and had to drop out.

The Jenkins and Julian did a great job in the pits.

Sent from my iPhone  :)  

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

: 435

« #28 : March 28, 2010, 10:37:39 pm »

;D ;D ;D

well, like you said  Aaron, we had a great turn out,10 racers today. awsome weather.lots  of spectating viewies and we even had 2 racing the kids
    event, luke and nate boy did they have some serious race face going on.
     our prospect member v43x terry won his class, his wife cynthia helped in the pits as well.  Brian put a hole in his case,but was able to make it to the truck with russ to the rescue with some much needed oil. racers were keith,james ,gumby,chris brian,aaron,jenni megan,donn,terry,club support
 norm,paul,dale,flat tire bill,stacey,cynthia,oh ya charlie powell aka"da blurr trouble with a capitol T " pits russ and deann jenkins, julian, chucky and we some help from th phelan family and a great end to fantastic weekend.

:D :D  deann
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #29 : March 29, 2010, 08:13:56 am »

Tons of fun. Short weekend for me, used to going out on Friday but my sleeping accomodations would not be there until Saturday so got out about noon. Quick spin to check out the new fork springs and came back with oil all over my boots. Seems I didn't get the valve cover back on right!! Easy fix but had to wait for Brian to get there with oil. The kids race was fun, Luke and Nate were really cooking on their PW50's with training wheels, can't wait to get them on two wheels!

Don't know what got into me though. Got a great start, second in class at the "bomb", then passed for the lead right after and never looked back, kept up a decent for me pace. Two hills gave some problems but the Rekluse got me up both around traffic/downed bikes. Second passed me when I stopped for Brian's stuck stub, then at the following check we came in together and the check worker flashed me the leader was the bike right in front of me so I gassed it out of the check, made the pass and stayed on the gas for a couple of miles to get some distance between us, guess it worked ;D

This was my first class win EVER!
: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
: