Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:49:09 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  6/1/13 Dual Sport Event has been CANCELED by Forest service
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: 6/1/13 Dual Sport Event has been CANCELED by Forest service  ( 913 )
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« : May 30, 2013, 10:36:59 am »

We are very sad to share this news with everyone. On 5/30/2013 at 10:13am we recieved the news your event has been canceled. We will be talking about another date in the fall but everything is to be determined.

Donn, Charlie, & Chris,

It comes with a heavy heart that I have to cancel the permit for the motorcycle event this coming Saturday. As I?m sure you know, we have been having unusually dry conditions and this coming Friday and Saturday these conditions will worsen with strong winds and hundred degree temperatures. That makes it very dangerous to have a large number of heat producing vehicles on some of these OHV roads and trails at one time.  In fact, with these conditions, we had to bring from other parts of the state additional fire personnel to support our increased needs. 

We can work on rescheduling this maybe in the late fall or early winter months and next year moving it to March or April.

Sorry for the short notice, but when this was set up none of us knew what the weather would be. Let me know what your group decides regarding rescheduling or cancelling.

Sincerely yours,
Barb Ramey
Special Uses Permit Administrator
USDA Forest Service, Angeles NF

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: