Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:57:31 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  August, 2009 Off-Road Minutes
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: August, 2009 Off-Road Minutes  ( 753 )
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« : September 03, 2009, 07:09:17 pm »

District 37 Off-Road Committee
Meeting for August 6, 2009

I   Meeting called to order by Jerry Grabow, President
   A. Additions to Agenda
      a. ISDE Fundraisers
II   Attendance and minutes taken by Jannean Sapp, District 37 Secretary   
III   Review and Approval of Minutes
A.   Approved as is.

IV.   Old Business
A.   Ecologic & Lobbyist
a.   Ecologic
i.   The new Feinstein wilderness bill was briefly discussed, details of which that cannot be spoken of just yet, but believe it or not, it currently looks relatively favorable to the OHV community. Four of the five current OHV areas could get national protection
B.   National H&H Series
a.   Jerry reported to the off-road body and update about the promotion of the National H&H series.
i.   Received articles of incorporation for a ?for profit? company for now in order to save some time.
ii.   Submitted operations manuals to AMA
iii.   Operating agreements still need to be drafted up in order to draft up the shares.

VI   New Business
A.   Points System Review
a.   Jerry Grabow brought-up for discussion about a proposal that we hold an off- road meeting in July.
i.   First working on an ?overall? system first, then they?ll be working on the other classes
ii.   It was requested that we review the entry fees for the national and ideas about transfers.
B.   ISDE ? Nick Hamill & Jamie Lanza
a.   Two D37 riders qualified for the ISDE, Jaime Lanza and Nick Hamill. It was requestesd to help support them in their efforts at http://web.mac. com/lanza317/ Jamielanza. com/Home. html or http://www.nickhami llracing. com/ to support them with a monetary donation or to buy a shirt.
b.   In addition to the request to the off-road body, a motion was presented by Bill Howell and seconded by Skip Earwood that read as follows: ?District 37 to donate $500 each to Nick Hamill and Jamie Lanza for the purpose of attending the 2009 ISDE.
i.   Motion passed unanimously.
C.   Club Rosters
a.   It was announced that the following clubs need to submit their club rosters as part of their D37 applications:

i.   Invaders
ii.   Prospectors
iii.   United MC
iv.   Hilltoppers
v.   Viewfinders
vi.   Jackrabbits
vii.    Four on the Floor
viii.    Checkers
ix.   Dirt Diggers
x.   Desert Daisies
xi.    So Cal

VII.   Reports
A.   Congress: Jim Geddes, Dave Oakleaf, & Bill Howell
a.   No report but it was requested that you submit all proposed AMA rule changes to them by August 1st.
B.   VP: Skip Earwood
a.   Still has race packets available.
C.   DLO: Karl Smith
a.   Friends of El Mirage have some drastic improvements coming to the area, using the new funds collected by the charges at the gate.
b.   Talks are circulating about Kern County implementing a $5 fee to ride there. This would affect races at the Red Mountain and Ridgecrest.
c.   The National Forest Service has 540K for trail maintenance and developments that will have some of it go towards off-road vehicles.
d.   CA trails of Angeles National Forest are trying to cut-off riding on the Pacific Crest Trail due to illegal riding.
D.   Referee:  Richie Wohlers
a.   Richie announced that there will be a risk management meeting next week on August 13th.
b.   Richie reminded and requested that the clubs do not take out their deductions for the ambulance fund.
c.   Briefly discussed that at the last comp. meeting, there was a discussion about the standardization of the night races.
E.   BOD: Jim Geddes
a.   No report.
F.   BLM: Al Guzman
a.   Al discussed with the off-road body the up and coming BLM lottery. He?s already requested certain areas so as to avoid a conflict with the events. He also went through and reviewed with the clubs what areas they are planning on hosting events at.
G.   Eco Logic: Jerry Grabow
a.   Previously discussed.
H.   Rider Reps: Ryan Sanders, Janine Khols, Greg Seda, Mark Drake
a.    Ryan Saunders
i.   No report
b.   Janine Khols
i.   No report
c.   Greg Seda
i.   No report
d.   Mark Drake:
i.   No report.
I.   Web Master: Jeff Owens
a.   No report.
J.   Newsletter: Darren Moen
a.   Darren discussed with the body the possibility of  transistioning the newsletters from mailers to just e-mail.
K.   Treasurer Report: Sandy Howell
a.   Total liabilities and equity: $224,001.76
L.   Big 6: Dave Oakleaf
a.   No report.
VII.   Race Reviews
A.   RHR MX
a.   Enjoyable event.
IX.   Announcements
A.   Racers MC MX Race ? 08/08-09/09 (BOTW event on Sunday the 9th)
B.   Rovers MX Race ? 08/16/09
C.   Invaders Race ? 08/23/09
D.   Desert Daisies Qualifier? 09/20/09
E.   Office nominations next month at the September meeting.
F.   Shamrocks in 2010, planning on a Thanksgiving weekend race starting in Baker, ending at state line.

X.   50/50 Raffle
A.   Jay Wickers won the 50/50 raffle.

Meeting adjourned 9:30 pm by Jerry Grabow

Kandy Thornton
: [1]  
« previous next »
: