Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:32:32 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Thanksgiving Time!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Thanksgiving Time!  ( 2494 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« : October 28, 2009, 09:19:53 pm »

It's not that far away so where is everyone going? We will be going with our normal group right across from the entrance of Wagon Wheel. It is on the opposite side of the road as Wagon Wheel and is a really nice spot. It is right at a base of a pretty large hill / mountain which is nice to go up on at night. Also some nice little ridge riding with the kids and such. Easy riding into Ridgecrest for some tacos or over to the pinnacles. Everyone is welcome and it would be great to go for some nice long rides together.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #1 : October 28, 2009, 10:10:51 pm »

I wish my parents would take us to the dez for this holiday. . . .  ;)

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #2 : October 29, 2009, 01:08:28 am »

We will most likely be at the "Football field" AKA Cattle Guard or across the hwy and up the hill.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #3 : October 29, 2009, 06:12:59 am »

I'm not sure what we are doing but thanks for the invite we will keep it in mind.
Your never know where we will end up.
CB
« : October 31, 2009, 09:20:12 am Charlie & Darlene Barney »

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Administrator

« #4 : October 29, 2009, 06:49:50 am »

No problem Charlie, it is the same place you and Donn came by last time and said hi. If people are going to be in the same general area, maybe we can plan to meet up somewhere one day and go for a ride from there.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #5 : October 29, 2009, 07:17:21 am »

This will be the first Thanksgiving in so many years that I don't remember that we will NOT be in the desert. Brian and I are riding the L.A.B.to V. Dual Sport. We're riding sweep for the district actually. Hope you all have fun out there and that is a nice spot where Chris' gang was last year, not nearly as crowded as Teagle Wash.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #6 : October 29, 2009, 12:45:42 pm »

Some GPS coords for your spot??, We might be able to get over and say Hi.
I will have to see what I can come up with for directions to our camp, Don and Brian were there last year and had a "Cold One", but we moved across the hwy for New Years and don't know for sure where we will be this year.

Most of you know where the 'ball field' is, the other spot is just a short distance across  Hwy 395,
coords are Google #'s

35 27' 10.00  117 39' 53.00, that will get you to the start of a large flat open area where we camp, stiil not sure which place yet
« : October 31, 2009, 11:02:28 am Bob Johnson »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #7 : October 29, 2009, 01:33:44 pm »

This will be the first Thanksgiving in so many years that I don't remember that we will NOT be in the desert. Brian and I are riding the L.A.B.to V. Dual Sport. We're riding sweep for the district actually.

You still will be in the desert  ;)
Looks like I will NOT make the LA2B2V, too much going on right now to pull that off.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #8 : October 30, 2009, 01:50:11 pm »

LA B to V is funnnnn! We chased one year ... Ate turkey dinner then dad left that night for Darren Livingston's house, he left from there and we met with him along the way!

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #9 : October 30, 2009, 03:32:58 pm »

LA B to V is funnnnn! We chased one year ... Ate turkey dinner then dad left that night for Darren Livingston's house, he left from there and we met with him along the way!

Maybe you could convince Pam and Tami that it would be fun to "chase" some on the first day before they head straight to Vegas! Their plans are to drop us off in Palmdale and boogie straight to the Orleans for gambling and fun while we slog across the Mojave desert!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #10 : October 30, 2009, 07:16:12 pm »

Maybe you could convince Pam and Tami that it would be fun to "chase" some on the first day before they head straight to Vegas! Their plans are to drop us off in Palmdale and boogie straight to the Orleans for gambling and fun while we slog across the Mojave desert!

Good luck convincing them to to do that  ::)

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #11 : October 31, 2009, 11:20:37 am »

Hey Chris,
I was looking at Google Earth and it looks like we can get over to "Pipeline Rd" (I know several ways over to get there) and then go to the left to get over to where your camp is fairly easily.  If I am on a bike We will take a more direct route, but with the Rhino I try to stay on smoother terrain.
If I put the coords for Wagon Wheel into my Garmin, I ASSume it will get us close??
Then I look for a BIG ARSE T H

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #12 : October 31, 2009, 01:13:37 pm »

That would have been me too Donn if I didn't have minor kiddos with me! We met John in Barstow, spent the night then headed out to Vegas the next day. Hit a major traffic accident, they closed the freeway and we sat there for a couple of hours. After that, the weekend was fun! Have a safe ride and I hope you get to Vegas before the money is gone!  ;D

Kandy Thornton
Gumby
Viewfinder

: 298

« #13 : November 24, 2009, 10:04:08 pm »

my dad and i were thinking about spending a few days out a red mountain... are there going to be multiple viewfinders camps or is there a specific spot everyone is going to camp? When is everyone planning to get there?

-Gumby
Administrator

« #14 : November 24, 2009, 10:22:20 pm »

I will be there tomorrow night. We will be across trona rd from the entrance to wagon wheel. Instead of turning into wagon wheel, just turn into the dirt road on the other side of trona. It is only in about 1/4 mile and is a really great spot with cell phone service. I will have my flag and a green flashing beacon at night. My friend has a blue beacon so if you come out, look for them both at the same camp.

Bob J will be out over by 395 somewhere I think. I don't know of anyone else going.
Your welcome to come hang with us. It will be a pretty big group.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: