Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:43:28 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Sept '09 Comp & Off Road Minutes
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Sept '09 Comp & Off Road Minutes  ( 1025 )
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« : November 04, 2009, 03:15:25 pm »

District 37 Competition Committee
Meeting for September 10 2009

I.   Meeting called to order by Richie Wohlers, District Referee

II.   Attendance taken by Jannean Sapp. Stewards present are: Ryan Wilson, Keith DeJongh, Kelly Phelan, and Dan Barnett.

Special Guests: Joe Bianchi, Greg Seda, Ryan Kudla, Kurt Hintz, Marc Elmer, Alex Rodriguez

III.   Discussions:
1.   Fliers to be reviewed:
a.   Vikings GP:
i.   Change minor statement so the top statement matches what?s printed in the disclosure section of the application.
b.   Prospectors GP:
i.   Change minor statement so the top statement matches what?s printed in the disclosure section of the application.
c.   100?s National H&H:
i.   Correct minor statement to match new rules.
ii.   Change stated format on flyer. Not allowed to do the four loop option as stated. If required to do four, it has to be declared on the flyer what classes can do the fourth loop.
2.   National H&H Points:
a.   A brief discussion was held in regards the recent approval of the changes to the national H&H point system.
i.   Based on the scale created by Jerry Bailey, riders would receive an additional 25% for riding National H&H?s.
ii.   A discussion about work points was held and it was discussed as an option to make second place work points equivalent to second place national points.
iii.   A second option for work points was discussed and agreed on for the following to be approved for 2010:
1.   Desert work points for all events to be awarded based on the National H&H points scale.
3.   Overall Number One Plate
a.   A discussion was held in regards to clarification of what events count towards the D37 Overall points.
i.   No start by class events unless it?s done on adjusted time basis.
ii.   Clarification will be added that only ?mass start? or adjusted time start desert events will count towards the overall.
iii.   This will be changed in the rulebook on page 29, section 14.
4.   Referee Vote
a.   A vote was held and it was agreed that Ryan Wilson will be the D37 Referee for 2010.
5.   Night Race Discussion
a.   Ryan Kudla brought up for discussion about possibly setting-up some rules & guidelines for the night races where they would be more in the ?Hare Scramble? type format.
b.   A brief discussion was held and postponed until the October meeting.
6.   Meeting adjourned 09:30 pm

Kandy Thornton
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #1 : November 04, 2009, 03:17:43 pm »

District 37 Off-Road Committee
Meeting for September 9, 2009

I   Meeting called to order by Jerry Grabow, President
   A. Additions to Agenda
      a. Age division changes
      b. R3 Equipment purchase
II   Attendance and minutes taken by Jannean Sapp, District 37 Secretary   
III   Review and Approval of Minutes
A.   Approved as is.

IV.   Old Business
A.   Ecologic & Lobbyist
a.   Ecologic
i.   David Hubbard spent time with Feinstein over wilderness bill but other than that, nothing new to report.
B.   National H&H Series
a.   Jerry reported to the off-road body and update about the promotion of the National H&H series.
i.   100?s, Vikings, DMC, and Four Aces are the official owners of the H&H series.
ii.   Manager has been hired for the series and it will be Chris Blais.
iii.   Contracts still need to be completed and more information to follow at the next meeting.
iv.   Proposal and subsequent motion was presented by Steve Aurgubright and seconded by Marc Elmer that read as follows, ?District 37 Clubs promoting National Hare and Hounds request an entry fee increase of $10 (ten dollars) for district 37 clubs promoting National Hare and Hounds. The $10 per rider fee will be paid to the National Hare and Hound Association for support of the growth and management of the series.?
1.   Yes = 28, No=4,
2.   Motion passes
v.   Discussing possibly expanding the series to 10 races.
vi.   Attempting to set-up professional pit areas & have out of state race be done exactly the same way as the D37 ones.
vii.   One of the goals is by the end 2010 to have transponders.
viii.   D37 will eventually own the series for five years.
C.   D37 Points System Review
a.   A motion was presented by Skip Earwood and seconded by Bill Richardson that read as follows, ?Off road to accept point system for National bounus points for National H&H.?
i.   Yes=32, No=2
ii.   Motion Passes   

VI   New Business
A.   Officer Nominations are as follows:
a.   GP youth: Kelly Phelan
b.   GP Vet (and others): Stacy Doerkson
c.   Enduro: Joe Bianchi
d.   Desert (high age classes): Keith DeJongh
e.   Desert Senior: Dan Barnett
f.   Desert Vet, Woman, Quad: Jannean Sapp, Ryan Wilson
g.   Desert Open, LWT1, Mini, Hack: Craig Owen
h.   GP (a ton of classes): Heather Gongora
i.   Treasurer: Sandy Howell
j.   DLO: Karl Smith
k.   Secretary: Janine Kohls
l.   VP: Skip
m.   President: Jerry Grabow
B.   Age Class Rule
a.   Art Foreman presented to the off-road body a proposal that would read as follows: ?Section 31. For purposes of determining age eligibility in the elderly racing divisions, a competitors? age shall be defined as their age on December 31st of the calendar year in which they are competing. The elderly age racing divisions are the Vet lightweight, Vet Heavyweight, Senior Lightweight, Senior Heavyweight, Magnum lightweight, Magnum Heavyweight, Masters, Legends, Senior Women, and Quad Vet divisions. No other racing divisions, except those specifically noted in this section, are affected by this general rule.
b.   A straw vote was taken and 10 ?yes? and 21 ?nay? votes.
c.   Request denied.
C.   R3 Equipment Purchase
a.   A motion was presented by Bill Howell and seconded by Skip Earwood that read as follows:?District to allocate $2500 for the purchase of two automated external defibrillators to be used by Rescue 3?
b.   A vote was taken and the motion passes unanimously.

VII.   Reports
A.   Congress: Jim Geddes, Dave Oakleaf, & Bill Howell
a.   A discussion about the youth waivers and subsequent motion was presented by Donn Nay and seconded by Mike Kaplan that read as follows: Extend August 31st deadline for both parent?s signature on minor release forms to December 31, 2009.?
b.   Motion voted on and failed.
B.   VP: Skip Earwood
a.   Still have race packets available.
C.   DLO: Karl Smith
a.   LA County OHV, their open meetings have been sparsely attended. Many haven't known when and where they are being held, that information will now get posted regularly.
b.   Ed Waltheim of CORVA and Friends of Jawbone fame dropped in and talked up a storm about being proactive. The OHV is no longer sending updates it is on the public to educate themselves. Any updates are posted on their website: www.ohv.parks.ca.gov. Bookmark it and check back regularly. OHV money is about to run out after this year's grant and the governments pillaging of our fund. We need to stop them from taking more, and get some of it back soon. Otherwise understaffed and under maintained areas will start to get shut down.
c.   New rules for the desert, such as no open containers and no nudity!.
D.   Referee:  Richie Wohlers
a.   Richie talked about therisk management meeting.
b.   Briefly discussed that at the last comp. meeting, there was a discussion about the standardization of the night races.
E.   BOD: Jim Geddes
a.   No report.
F.   BLM: Al Guzman
a.   BLM lottery coming up for next year. There may be some shared weekends with other events, but they won't be scheduling (for example) a truck race and a bike race on the same day. The possibility exists for them to share a weekend though, out of different staging areas Ecologic: Jerry Grabow
G.   Rider Reps: Ryan Sanders, Janine Khols, Greg Seda, Mark Drake
a.    Ryan Saunders
i.   No report
b.   Janine Khols
i.   No report
c.   Greg Seda
i.   No report
d.   Mark Drake:
i.   No report.
H.   Web Master: Jeff Owens
a.   No report.
I.   Newsletter: Darren Moen
a.   Darren discussed with the body the possibility of  transistioning the newsletters from mailers to just e-mail.
J.   Treasurer Report: Sandy Howell
a.   Total liabilities and equity: $210,609.81
K.   Big 6: Dave Oakleaf
a.   No report.
VII.   Race Reviews
a.   No reviews discussed.
IX.   Announcements
A.   Jamie Lanza gave us a ?Thank You? card.
B.   Prospectors trophies available.
C.   Los Coyotes & Shamrocks ? 09/13-14/09
D.   Desert Daisies Qualifier? 09/20/09
E.   Office voting next month at the October meeting.

X.   50/50 Raffle

Meeting adjourned 9:45 pm by Jerry Grabow

Kandy Thornton
: [1]  
« previous next »
: