Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:00:21 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  TZ750 and Kenny Roberts
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: TZ750 and Kenny Roberts  ( 1358 )
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« : August 04, 2010, 11:39:25 am »

Check out the Video on You Tube and the interview with K R and then ride on the Indy track with the bike.
2 stroke music !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Lipskid

: 54

Can we go now?

« #1 : August 09, 2010, 08:52:02 am »

Sweetest Music you'll ever hear! I miss the days of Multies, TZ 700s, TZ 750s, H-1s, TR 750s, Bsa & Triumph Triples! About a year ago, I gave away a NEW Trackmaster Chassis I had for a Suzuki 750 Water Buffalo that I WAS building for my youthfull Flattrack days as an Expert. AMA Banned all those things, and also my Pro-Novice bike I built in mid seventies. A Champion TD-3. Still have that one... Talk about a wicked ride! Then I made it a TR-3, a 350. One of the fastest things I ever rode on dirt.
 If those bikes back then had the wheels and tires that they are using now, well, there woulda been more people dead, or it woulda taken the sport to a different level. One always has to consider the H-D political influence that went on. Not so much anymore. Thats good!

Dirtdiggers and Team B.A.B.O.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #2 : August 09, 2010, 10:38:43 am »

If I recall correctly, H D would whine when other bikes were "whipping up" on them and many bikes were banned.  I miss the 2 stroke music.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Lipskid

: 54

Can we go now?

« #3 : August 09, 2010, 09:26:56 pm »

YUP! Thats how it was. First, made all the other MFGS. add WEIGHT, then lose sixth gear, then, restrictors if it was more than 2 valves per Cyl. It went on and on till everybody cept' H-D split. Its better now, hope it all works out. I remember when you had to actually qualify for a grid spot. They would let only 45 qualify,no matter how many showed up. The rest went home, then heat race it down to the final Main of 16. Now, we are lucky if 45 show up. Economy and all. Still, its the best damn racing there is! Hairball stuff! ''..  ''..Nuthin' faster, or more exciting than a 1/2 mile, or a Mile! It dont get any better..... ;)Well, Dez Racin' is pretty cool too!
« : August 10, 2010, 10:35:49 am Lipskid »

Dirtdiggers and Team B.A.B.O.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: