Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:10:52 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Have bike, will suffer...
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Have bike, will suffer...  ( 2311 )
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« : December 28, 2010, 09:02:30 pm »

The following is asked, purely in a hypothetical or speculative sense...

Who within our organization is willing to freeze half to death, suffer almost indescribable pain, ride in directions that seem ill advised even in an LSD induced nightmare, and severely worry any loved ones you might have?  Also who in that select, or very select, or possibly non existent group also happens to own a dual sport?

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #1 : December 28, 2010, 09:56:23 pm »

LSD? Is this a cry for help?  ;D
Ok, what happened? Who took you on a dual sport ride?

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Aaron Price
Officer

« #2 : December 28, 2010, 10:59:48 pm »

Nobody... yet.

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #3 : December 29, 2010, 01:22:48 am »

Who within our organization is willing to freeze half to death, suffer almost indescribable pain, ride in directions that seem ill advised even in an LSD induced nightmare, and severely worry any loved ones you might have?  Also who in that select, or very select, or possibly non existent group also happens to own a dual sport?

I do, but its a Husky  ::)

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #4 : December 29, 2010, 07:47:48 am »

Who within our organization is willing to freeze half to death, suffer almost indescribable pain, ride in directions that seem ill advised even in an LSD induced nightmare, and severely worry any loved ones you might have?  Also who in that select, or very select, or possibly non existent group also happens to own a dual sport?

I'm always up for an adventure, not sure about "indescribable pain" but I have been known to ride in "directions that seem ill advised". Never done any acid though.

Have Dual Sport, will travel.
« : December 29, 2010, 01:08:42 pm Donn Nay - D37 Rep »
Trhollister
Viewfinder

: 220

« #5 : December 29, 2010, 11:48:02 am »

Youve got my attention...
Aaron Price
Officer

« #6 : December 29, 2010, 04:21:21 pm »

So some JERK mentioned the State Motorized Trail System on the district site which got me thinking, partially due to the extreme boredom of waiting around to move with half my bikes stored elsewhere, that I need to do more gnarly stuff.  Just riding to work used to be an adventure now I just race and nothing else.  I think that to prevent old age from setting in some long trail rides with a tent and a sleeping bag are in order. 

Trhollister
Viewfinder

« #7 : December 29, 2010, 06:30:58 pm »

Death Valley.
Aaron Price
Officer

« #8 : December 29, 2010, 06:33:44 pm »

That is awful close to home...

Trhollister
Viewfinder

« #9 : December 29, 2010, 07:17:41 pm »

I see,you are talking about trans america trail?

Lots of great pics on ADV rider .com.No way in hell i could get that amount of time off,but i would love to ride it.
« : December 29, 2010, 07:23:50 pm Trhollister »
Aaron Price
Officer

« #10 : December 30, 2010, 12:52:36 am »

No. Me either but I think there is plenty to see north of here. Or rather north of Lake Hughes. Assuming I get there someday.

Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #11 : December 30, 2010, 07:23:58 am »

No. Me either but I think there is plenty to see north of here. Or rather north of Lake Hughes. Assuming I get there someday.

When you get settled in let's go exploring. I think you're right, there are DS trails/roads north and west of Lake Hughes. There's a DS club I've tried to infiltrate with no luck called Castaic Dual Sport Riders http://www.castaicdualsportriders.com/. Check out their website and maybe, since you'll be a local, they'll let you in.

The beauty of DS though is that you don't have to camp out if you do some planning. You can drop down off the trail and stay in a motel, besides you'll need gas, wouldn't want to plan more than 100 miles between gas stops.
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #12 : January 03, 2011, 01:55:22 pm »

Can I play too? I have a dual sport beast and love going new places. Myself a Donn had a little ride last weekend. Big fun.
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Aaron Price
Officer

« #13 : January 03, 2011, 03:22:34 pm »

Of course.  I am just in the process of working things out (tent, supplies, ways to carry crap, routes, etc) but you can come too once this is all figured out.  However there will not be any actual Barney Miles with that much stuff to carry over that many miles... Yeah, who am I kidding? 

Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #14 : January 03, 2011, 03:48:12 pm »

CB and I did a nice 96 mile ride Friday, good fun.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: