Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:36:15 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Bike prep is a good thing!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Bike prep is a good thing!  ( 1526 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« : January 29, 2011, 02:17:33 pm »

So I was prepping my bike this morning for the GP next weekend. I noticed a little clunk in the front end when I hit my front break. I pulled apart the front end and found the stem bearings where a little loose. I also found they had never been greased except from the factory which wasn't much. I fully cleaned and greased them then put it back together with no play. Putting the handlebars back on, I notice my throttle cable was flopping around. I pulled off the cover and found I had broke the housing when I had my get off over New Years. Luckily, it didn't damage the cable and I was able to finish out our ride. Got a new one ordered so it should be here Wednesday. 

The moral of the story is, always do you bike prep in time to get parts if you need them!  :P

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« #1 : January 29, 2011, 02:37:23 pm »

If I do that, what am I supposed to do at the last minute?  ???

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Administrator

« #2 : January 29, 2011, 04:57:39 pm »

Okay, I have to give big props to Charlie. I just changed by back tire and I was about to LOSE it trying to get the valve stem in. My hands are all sore now. Charlie did it to his bike 2 or was it 3 times New Years since he had a bad rim lock.

Oh Charlie, do you want to change tires for me from now on?  ;)

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #3 : January 29, 2011, 06:29:27 pm »

Okay, I have to give big props to Charlie. I just changed by back tire and I was about to LOSE it trying to get the valve stem in. My hands are all sore now. Charlie did it to his bike 2 or was it 3 times New Years since he had a bad rim lock.

Oh Charlie, do you want to change tires for me from now on?  ;)

Changing tires is the one thing I am more than willing to pay someone else to do it   ;D

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #4 : January 30, 2011, 07:48:15 pm »

I got lots of practice LA B2V in '09 changing 2 tires on the trail. You've never changed a tire until you do it on the trail, huh Sandy?
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #5 : January 30, 2011, 08:10:26 pm »

I got lots of practice LA B2V in '09 changing 2 tires on the trail. You've never changed a tire until you do it on the trail, huh Sandy?

You need to change a tire "on the trail' at least once, you will find out things you never knew existed.
I have been fortunate to not have a flat, but had to help fellow riders, My "Trail Kit" has been enhanced !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #6 : January 31, 2011, 08:18:51 am »

Playing with a tire on the trail, at camp or at home is no big deal if you have the tools. Don't be girls just jump in with both feet, infact on the trail repairs are a little easier once you get the bike off the ground because the tire is warm. Think about this, did you ever wonder why god gave you ten knuckles? The answer is if two or three are bleeding you still have seven or eight that are not. It is kinda like is the Glass have full type of thing.
I would much rather do a tire then a air cleaner.

Darlene

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Administrator

« #7 : January 31, 2011, 08:32:07 am »

Oh good we have a deal I will do your air cleaners and you can do all of my tires. I will be switching you over to notoill since it is a piece of cake.   ;D

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #8 : January 31, 2011, 10:04:08 am »

Funny you say that. Remember the K.M. trip a few years ago when Matt got like 3 flats? We (Matt & I) changed one on the trail, then he rode in with another. Josh Jenkins literally pulled the tire off the rim by hand when we got back. Slapped a new tube in and said the same thing, "I'd rather change a tire than clean an air filter". Good grief that dude is a BIG boy.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #9 : January 31, 2011, 10:12:01 am »

Playing with a tire on the trail, at camp or at home is no big deal if you have the tools. Don't be girls just jump in with both feet, infact on the trail repairs are a little easier once you get the bike off the ground because the tire is warm. Think about this, did you ever wonder why god gave you ten knuckles? The answer is if two or three are bleeding you still have seven or eight that are not. It is kinda like is the Glass have full type of thing.

Darlene

Make sure the sprocket side (the one with all the pointy things) is down and put duct tape around the rotors edge to help save those knuckles  ;D

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: