Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:35 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Just got off the phone with very happy Pete
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Just got off the phone with very happy Pete  ( 4187 )
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« : November 05, 2011, 07:24:14 pm »

Pete does not get on the board much so I thought I would let everyone know. Pete is a HAPPY HAPPY Boy, Mary Joe brought him a new 2011 KTM 450 EXC Dual Sport for hid birthday ;D. It looks like the Dual Sport riders in  the club is growing. He is going to brake it in tomorrow happy days!!!
God bless Mary Joe _.._
I'm very glad for Pete now he has a 300 race bike and a 450 DS life is good.

CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #1 : November 05, 2011, 07:43:24 pm »

That's AWESOME news! We'll have to look at the calendar and pick a few DS rides once you're up to it and Brian get's his eyesight back. Then when Bob's good to go we'll have a Viewie contingency at some DS rides in the future.

Just hope the new 450 isn't any taller than the 300, Pete's a little height challenged you know!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #2 : November 05, 2011, 07:44:02 pm »

VERY COOL  :o

More Kennedy Meadows rides in His future ??

I know a few others with D S bikes that might want to join us.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #3 : November 05, 2011, 08:10:38 pm »

That's AWESOME news! We'll have to look at the calendar and pick a few DS rides once you're up to it and Brian get's his eyesight back. Then when Bob's good to go we'll have a Viewie contingency at some DS rides in the future.

Just hope the new 450 isn't any taller than the 300, Pete's a little height challenged you know!

Going to test the "modified arm" real soon, been working on the TH and bike alot lately.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #4 : November 06, 2011, 09:58:54 am »

Pete did note the bike was tall and he is putting some thouth into a smaller seat.

CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #5 : November 06, 2011, 11:12:16 am »

Pete did note the bike was tall and he is putting some thouth into a smaller seat.

CB

Take more than a shorter seat I'm afraid!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #6 : November 06, 2011, 02:12:33 pm »

A lowering link for the rear and slide the forks down in the triple clamps.
You lose some rear suspension travel with the link, but being its not a "race bike" it should be O K for D S.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #7 : November 06, 2011, 04:36:29 pm »

This is good.  I told Dave Hartman that I was going to try to get some Viewfinders to come with next year on his 300 mile ride.  It would be nice if we could get three or four Viewies for next year. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Aaron Price
Officer

« #8 : November 06, 2011, 04:37:05 pm »

CB

It is not a problem if you do not put your feet down!
Take more than a shorter seat I'm afraid!

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #9 : November 07, 2011, 03:28:29 pm »

You lose some rear suspension travel with the link, but being its not a "race bike" it should be O K for D S.

No linkage on the pumpkin
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #10 : November 07, 2011, 04:59:57 pm »

No linkage on the pumpkin

I thought the 12's were getting linkage ??
Maybe not all models ??

I just re-read the post, its an 2011, no link  :-[
« : November 08, 2011, 10:16:05 am Bob Johnson »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #11 : November 07, 2011, 05:47:21 pm »

This is good.  I told Dave Hartman that I was going to try to get some Viewfinders to come with next year on his 300 mile ride.  It would be nice if we could get three or four Viewies for next year. 

You still have a D S bike ??

The B R P ??

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Aaron Price
Officer

« #12 : November 07, 2011, 07:34:42 pm »

The B R P ??

We have a bond.  I can't get rid of her.  Besides soon she will be a 630.

Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #13 : November 07, 2011, 08:09:19 pm »

The B R P ??

We have a bond.  I can't get rid of her.  Besides soon she will be a 630.

Cool

A growing number of D S bikes looks good to me, a few small things to get mine back up and running.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #14 : November 08, 2011, 03:51:28 pm »

Pete called me last night, wants to ride L.A.B2V. Told him not me this year and he needs to do some serious planning and preparation before embarking on 400+ miles of DS in two days.

We should look at maybe doing it next year when everyone's healthy. Would be fun to ride it with 4+ Viewies then spend a couple days in Vegas.

Everyone should do this ride at least once, it is quite an adventure. Personally I found the first day monotonous as we were riding in the same old so cal desert we've ridden for years. Second day was better but I had issues and we couldn't finish, would like to at least do day two.
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: