Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:46:56 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Checkers Race Report
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Checkers Race Report  ( 1098 )
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« : February 24, 2013, 05:22:50 pm »

So here is a preliminary report.

On the line:

Kieth Jones
"Sandy"Brian Mackenzie
Pete Medina
Salt Speakman
"Gumby" John Gamaunt
"Hippie" Brian S.
"Booger" Jason Schalow
"JJ" Jim Johnson
Terry Hollister
Gracie Speakman

Guest Riders:
Mike & Leo (friends of Salt)

Pit Crew:
Rick Hudachek
James Jenkins
"Zip Tie" Rikki (Prospect)
Dillon (Prospect)

Support:
MJ
Julian Gamaunt
Cynthia Hollister

All in all it was a good weekend, with all racers intact.  Salt tapped out due to a rear flat, and Hippie Brian finished with two flats.  Saturday it was flat howling out but Calem did a good job at the youth race. Great job to all of us by showing colors all weekend.  I had several comments again about how many Viewfinders there were!  Good job to the pit crew, all racers were in and out very quickly. We also helped out a solo rider pitting next to us who really appreciated our efforts.  Good job to Booger for stopping for a downed rider who had separated his shoulder.  After some initial confusion, he was really thankful for his assistance.

Hudy

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Jim Johnson
Viewfinder

: 124

« #1 : February 24, 2013, 07:30:58 pm »

Had fun on the new scooter. That 200xc-w took my overweight butt up everything the Checkers threw at us. I was really slow on loops 2 and 3 because I was learning the new bike. but was able to pick it up on the loop 1. I need to make a few adjustments but that bike is extremely fun to rid. Thanks for the pit help you know who you are. JJ
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #2 : February 24, 2013, 09:34:47 pm »

Great to hear everyone and great job Jason for stopping for a downed rider.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : February 25, 2013, 08:30:10 am »

Another great turnout! GREAT job guys/gals.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #4 : February 25, 2013, 08:40:38 am »

Had fun on the new scooter. That 200xc-w took my overweight butt up everything the Checkers threw at us. I was really slow on loops 2 and 3 because I was learning the new bike. but was able to pick it up on the loop 1. I need to make a few adjustments but that bike is extremely fun to rid. Thanks for the pit help you know who you are. JJ

You moving to the LWII class with Gumby ??
Or is it Adams new bike and you were just testing it out/breaking it in   :-(~

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #5 : February 25, 2013, 09:06:10 am »

As promissed, a couple of wild critters made the usual appearance around camp fires Friday and Saturday night. Hung with the cheackers some on friday night. Wind was horrid, fairly cold on Sunday, but the checkers did a great job on the course. Loop 2 and 3 were very tech but not unridable. I did the 3-2-1 thing and loop one was completely blown out by the time I was on it. Wind blew lots of the ribbon off and it was easy to lost. I got a flat about 5-10 miles in on loop 1 (last loop i did), but it was so windy, silty and soft i couldnt really tell, so i just stayed in it till the end. I was dreading the clank of the rocks of my front wheel by the end though.

Had a great time with all my Viewfinder friends and we had one of the best showings out there. I think only checker camp was bigger and we had the most colors on the starting line for sure!

The pit crew was great and i think we have a couple of new quality propects ready to be voted on.

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Cchollister
Viewfinder

: 233

« #6 : February 25, 2013, 08:00:34 pm »

Yes another great weekend racing. Just watched the video of Jason helping the down rider. Props to Jason.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #7 : February 26, 2013, 07:46:45 am »

This is so fantastic. Not since I first joined the club have we had this many racers at one event, let alone three in a row.

All you that have been recruiting please take a bow behind Sandy! Thanks Sandy for bringing in all the Bishop people. All good people that like to race!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: