Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:27:57 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  What did you do this weekend?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: What did you do this weekend?  ( 787 )
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« : November 03, 2014, 07:51:03 am »

Anyone ride this weekend? In case you didn?t notice it rained. Got up Saturday left the home stead about 8:30am alone for some me time and headed to single track, flat sand washes, power line roads to Lake LA, following old LA B to V tracks continued on with  the tracks to 395 started seeing some ribbon. I just keep heading to 4 corners on a nice little single track and when I pop out on the power line I had 6 dual sport guys behind me as they were coming down the power line road where the hell did they come from. Rolled into the gas station and that is when I realize the Lost Coyotes had their DS event going on that?s what the ribbon was. With no plain other than just riding I followed along with those guys to Rosemond. It was easy follow wet tire tracks it rained remember and ribbon at corners, got fuel and headed up pass Willow Spring raceway jumped on a power line road back across the Antelope valley. That is where I made a wrong turn ending up in Lake Hughes so I pick some of our DS track that I remember up into the hills above Acton hit some single tracks up and down to Mikey?s (Tractor Boys). Polished of a few of his beers hit the road again some more single track and sand wash back to the home stead 4:30pm 200 miles later. It was a great day to ride and it does not get much better.
What did you do this weekend?
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
eastsidenils
Global Moderator

: 104

« #1 : November 03, 2014, 08:59:50 am »

Hey Charlie,
Well, that is hard to beat. Great impromptu day on the moto. Thanks to a tiny bit of rain and a good buddy of mine being back in town after some time away with a brand new 2015 350 SX, I got out Friday afternoon into the White mountains for a casual 35 miler. We got a bit of rain Fri night, not much unfortunately, but went in search with four of us and got in a pretty good 40 miler also in the Whites. The the local MC (Sneakers) had their monthly ride yesterday, and since my 5 year old was on his first ever sleepover at a friends', I got go have my cake and eat it too and joined Piper, Neil and co. for a killer 60 miler up into the Inyo Mountains for tons of killer tech, rocks, washes, canyons and miles of new terrain laid out by our club member Mark Busby. All told with the 100's last weekend, got in 260 miles (90% singletrack) of riding this week. Doesn't suck.
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #2 : November 03, 2014, 11:05:11 am »

Nice Nils, anyone else?

CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« #3 : November 04, 2014, 06:51:05 am »

Chores and a movie and dinner with the wife Saturday, visited Robert and the grandkids Sunday.  Since for me a ride is an all day affair with the drive out and back, every other weekend equals domestic tranquility : )  Wish that rain had been the weekend before or this coming weekend. 
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #4 : November 04, 2014, 03:35:43 pm »

Me and Jon got out around the house for 3 hours of perfect dirt on Saturday. I love that sneaker trail in the White mountains I stumbled on that one a few years ago. I guess we have been running it backwards.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: